Insightly

Insightly Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

This startup is going places and growing at a fair clip.

ProsGreat friendly group of people, very multicultural and diverse, good balance of men and women. Marketing and customer success teams are amazing. Office is in a great location and salaries are better than market.

ConsLots of customers, and there are always a few customers that jump up and down wanting features not yet in production.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits are good, and there seems to be some room for advancement and promotion, and growth seems to be a focus of management now. Prioritization of projects and long term planning could be better articulated.

Great product, high turnover, bad management

Product Engineering (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFriday Lunches (take-out), Thursday massages, snack bar (small for a startup, but you can request almost anything), good teammates. Customer Service is a focus of the company. It has all the right stuff for an amazing company, just needs management.

ConsWorking from home is discouraged/disallowed. Extremely-high employee turnover. Several employees didn't even last a week, very few in Engineering/Operations will last a year. Unclear communication from management with conflicting priorities. You'll often get directions from two layers of management as if they don't talk to each other. Expect little positive feedback, no opportunities for advancement, no-notice weekend work, and to be replaced at any time. If you make it past 3 months, you might be ok. If you're promised something in an interview, get it in writing, and be prepared to negotiate for your salary. Non-engineering employees seem a little happier.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on productivity, not face-time in the office. Trust your employees. Communicate to the staff. Communicate within management. Provide for skills and career advancement.

Opportunity for growth, sort of...

Product Engineering (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Good benefits though 401k contribution would be nice
    - Weekly massages
    - Good work / life balance
    - Decent opportunity to learn and grow

Cons- Communication is lacking. Little to no transparency within the organization from the C level down
    - Criticism of work is less than constructive
    - Employees do not feel trusted or empowered to do their job
    - People randomly disappear from the organization with no explanation, creating distrust and low morale

Advice to Senior Management- Trust and listen to your employees; communicate with them without tearing them down. No one is going to do the best work possible if they feel they need to tiptoe around you
    - Business will get worse if you don't learn to trust your people and listen to your customers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSmall and fun start up. good company culture and transparency across teams! Very customer focus driven company.

ConsBring back the happy hour fridays!.

Highly focused startup environment

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsInsightly provides the fun environment and huge upside of a startup, with the salary, benefits and work/life balance you'd typically find in a bigger company.

ConsInsightly offers some good in-office perks (weekly chair massage, weekly team lunch, free snacks & drinks), but not as much as some other startups.

Worked for Insightly? Contribute to the Community!