Insightly Reviews

3.8
Anthony Smith

1. Thumbs up, Insightly.

I worked at Insightly full-time

Pros

Management deeply cares for individual wellness, growth and development.

Cons

Lack of mobile strategy.Burning time in fixing what is not working with micro soft stack.

Advice to Management

There is no shortcut to success, including mobile development.Take risks early and often.

Great place for ambitious people who want to learn

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

-Insightly is a great place to work if you have a desire to "wear multiple hats," and/or do things outside of the scope of your typical job description. -Management is typically supportive of new ideas and suggestions, and in most cases, will encourage you to tackle any opportunities you discover for improvement. -Great work/ life balance.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of what you can expect from a SF Bay Area firm and the benefits are less than you can expect from most star-ups (no 401K match, no bonuses) The lack of process can sometimes be frustrating, for some.

Advice to Management

-Make sure that as we grow, you maintain the amount of transparency your provide today. -Look into paying more and/or offering variable bonus structure to retain employees longer.

Great team, growing culture.

I have been working at Insightly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People enjoy coming to work here. Employees are usually positive in the office. Great live/work balance and flexibility. Newly remodeled office.

Cons

Benefits are below average for a startup with this amount of success and funding. That said, they're really good! Could use more vacation time.

Advice to Management

Listen to workers, remain youthful and vigilant. Keep doing what you're doing. More perks! Great job on the high employee retention rate.

5. Horrible experience

I worked at Insightly full-time

Pros

The only things going for them is the location

Cons

The interview process is prolonged and at the end they found a small flaw. It was a waste of time. Managers sit with their feet propped on chair during the interview. This whatever great work they are doing does not show professionalism. They need to remember that they could also be candidates and it shows lack of discipline.

Advice to Management

Run the company professionally. You are not running a home business. Starting a company is one step, but succeeding and thriving requires discipline in practices and a control over employee behavior.

Great people and great growth

I have been working at Insightly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice and intelligent people to work with and many leaders who are not managers. Almost everyone appears to be happy and I like it here. Free lunch on Fridays with snacks in kitchen. Everybody is interested in making things like the product and process better and making business grow. Management is open to let us get training and grow professionally.

Cons

I hope non-executive leaders are being compensated well. One executive micromanages people even from other groups and affects all the company and culture badly - either uncomfortable or wants to be CEO. Other leaders are a good fit. Communication between groups could be better for a small company - this is part of usual growing pains. Not much incentive to plan for staying in long term.

Advice to Management

Discuss and really listen more to staff. Many opinions are ignored. There are lots of smart choices happening - keep those and limit the bad ones. Human resources/payroll is unsteady and needs good management. Add financial incentives for people to stay longer and have long careers with Insightly.

7. Rewarding workplace!

I have been working at Insightly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the company perks, Insightly has given me an excellent opportunity to take more tasks that continues to keep me challenged on a day-to-day basis. It's a great culture, you work with an amazing diverse set up employees, and it's a good way to continue your career growth. Looking forward to seeing Insightly grow!

Cons

Not much. As long as you have good time management and take responsibility for your work.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Insightly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think this is a great place to work for many reasons: The company has great potential for growth Smart people, as well as nice/respectful people. Fun place to work/great culture - lots of improvements had been made/implemented Good benefits and salary

Cons

Growing company - inevitably will have growing pains

Advice to Management

Communicate more about changes, progress, and road ahead. Clearly articulate long-term strategy

Exciting workplace

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, the team is amazing. Everyone works really well together and we get great rewards such as team events, weekly lunches, weekly happy hours, weekly massages and a Clipper Card for travel to and from work.

Cons

The company is still building its culture, but so far it's great!

Fun company to work for!

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

I have been working at Insightly for Almost a year now, and I greatly enjoy my coworkers and team. I think management is very interested in moving everyone forward and growing the team and our skills. We work well together and have an awesome office! We have a good, diverse environment and we enjoy our Friday happy hours and free lunches. We have a fully stocked fridge and get massages on Thursday's.... What is there to dislike.

Cons

Not sure who keeps posting the bad reviews but they obviously do not work here!

Great outlook for the company - improving culture

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Small good team. Good customer success team. Company really focused. Great product. Customers are die hard fans.

Cons

Attrition, some engineers didnt like how they were treated. But company has really changed for the better. culture is improving. No catered lunches??? Only lunch on friday. Its a SF based startup! I havent paid for lunch in last many many years in SF.

Advice to Management

LUNCH - i am hungry. But great job ito work here. fun company to work at. Great product.

RSS Feed </> Embed