Insightly

3.9

Anthony Smith

Exciting workplace

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, the team is amazing. Everyone works really well together and we get great rewards such as team events, weekly lunches, weekly happy hours, weekly massages and a Clipper Card for travel to and from work.

Cons

The company is still building its culture, but so far it's great!

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think this is a great place to work for many reasons:
    The company has great potential for growth
    Smart people, as well as nice/respectful people.
    Fun place to work/great culture - lots of improvements had been made/implemented
    Good benefits and salary

Cons

Growing company - inevitably will have growing pains

Communicate more about changes, progress, and road ahead. Clearly articulate long-term strategy

Fun company to work for!

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

I have been working at Insightly for Almost a year now, and I greatly enjoy my coworkers and team. I think management is very interested in moving everyone forward and growing the team and our skills. We work well together and have an awesome office!

We have a good, diverse environment and we enjoy our Friday happy hours and free lunches. We have a fully stocked fridge and get massages on Thursday's.... What is there to dislike.

Cons

Not sure who keeps posting the bad reviews but they obviously do not work here!

Really Great Place to work!

Current Employee - .NET Engineer in San Francisco, NM
    Current Employee - .NET Engineer in San Francisco, NM

I have been working at Insightly full-time (more than an year)

Pros

FREE FOOD, FREE CLIPPER CARD! Friendly diverse staff. Room to grow!!!!!!! FUN OUTINGS! GREAT PRODUCT!

Cons

Insightly is still a Start up not too much process, so you need to be a "GO GETTER"! You need to love wanting to do things on your own and figure it out!

Great outlook for the company - improving culture

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Small good team. Good customer success team. Company really focused. Great product.
    Customers are die hard fans.

Cons

Attrition, some engineers didnt like how they were treated. But company has really changed for the better. culture is improving.
    No catered lunches??? Only lunch on friday. Its a SF based startup! I havent paid for lunch in last many many years in SF.

LUNCH - i am hungry. But great job ito work here. fun company to work at. Great product.

Disorganized management, company with a culture problem

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Snacks and drinks. Good camaraderie within departments, and some fun personalities to work with.

Cons

All of the drawbacks are in Engineering. If you're coming into one of the other areas, you'll probably be happy, at least until Engineering drags everything else down. Management in Engineering is clueless - no knowledge of technology, just knows buzzwords. Micromanaging, absolutely zero delegation, trust, respect, loyalty, or honesty. Employees literally disappear with no notice to the rest of the staff, regardless of if they have quit or been fired. The company has lost well over a dozen employees this year alone, and it's not over. Engineering has lost more people than it has retained. Development process is supposed to be agile, but the management within engineering doesn't follow it or understand it. Hiring standards are relaxed - company is no longer looking for excellence, just obedience. Run far and fast if you're a developer.

Look at the department where most of the people have left from, and you'll be forced to see where in the management structure your problem is. Hint - it's not CS, Sales, or Marketing. Call back the people that have left and ask them to identify the main person that drove their decision to leave; act on that answer. Look hard at Engineering management and decide if you want technical excellence or mediocrity - your employees are good; trust them.

This startup is going places and growing at a fair clip.

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Great friendly group of people, very multicultural and diverse, good balance of men and women. Marketing and customer success teams are amazing. Office is in a great location and salaries are better than market.

Cons

Lots of customers, and there are always a few customers that jump up and down wanting features not yet in production.

Benefits are good, and there seems to be some room for advancement and promotion, and growth seems to be a focus of management now. Prioritization of projects and long term planning could be better articulated.

Great product, high turnover, bad management

Current Employee - Product Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Friday Lunches (take-out), Thursday massages, snack bar (small for a startup, but you can request almost anything), good teammates. Customer Service is a focus of the company. It has all the right stuff for an amazing company, just needs management.

Cons

Working from home is discouraged/disallowed. Extremely-high employee turnover. Several employees didn't even last a week, very few in Engineering/Operations will last a year. Unclear communication from management with conflicting priorities. You'll often get directions from two layers of management as if they don't talk to each other. Expect little positive feedback, no opportunities for advancement, no-notice weekend work, and to be replaced at any time. If you make it past 3 months, you might be ok. If you're promised something in an interview, get it in writing, and be prepared to negotiate for your salary. Non-engineering employees seem a little happier.

Focus on productivity, not face-time in the office. Trust your employees. Communicate to the staff. Communicate within management. Provide for skills and career advancement.

Senior Management Needs to get Their Act Together

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredibly talented, diverse, and energetic team. Lunch on Friday, massage on Thursday, snack bar and fridge stocked with drinks. Good product and some really great customers.

Cons

Customer Service is the claimed focus of the company but it takes a moment for the management team to do anything when customers raise a fuss. Some senior management don't have a clue about what they are doing. There's no trust extended to the employees to do their jobs. If management thinks your work isn't good enough the feedback is anything but constructive. In fact, it's borderline abusive.

Get your act together. Trust your employees to do their jobs before we all leave.

great place to work!

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small and fun start up. good company culture and transparency across teams! Very customer focus driven company.

Cons

Bring back the happy hour fridays!.