Insightly Reviews

Updated January 18, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
4.1
Anthony Smith

Best up and coming Start up 2015!

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The leadership is very seasoned. It is easy to work with everyone and most people, I would say 98 percent of the company is very happy. Insightly works very had to make sure their employees are appreciated. There is a great deal of room to grow regardless of which team you belong to!

Cons

It is a start up, and there is a great deal of change. You need to be able to move fast and be open to that change. It is agile and fast moving.

It is difficult to make everyone happy. Good leadership comes from listening to your employees which is already being done.

I love working at a start up that is growing and cares about the people who work there!

Current Employee - Engineering in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked in large and small companies for many years. I have had god and bad experiences. Insightly has been one of my favorite places to work in 10+ years. Insightly feels like family to me! The leadership is very knowledgable and is open to any questions you may have about roadmap or product. H.R. and VP's really care about what the employees want to achieve and try to make is the best place to work. I am very thankful for such caring and smart co-workers. The engineers are some of the sharpest and down to earth people I have met in the industry in a while.

Cons

Not everyone will be happy! This is just how it is. Most people seem very happy here. There are always bad apples that are perpetually dissatisfied. I enjoy my team and really like working with Engineering.

I think we are doing well. More meetings with all the teams would be great! I wish I could spend more time with other teams as well as my own.

3. Rewarding workplace!

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Besides the company perks, Insightly has given me an excellent opportunity to take more tasks that continues to keep me challenged on a day-to-day basis. It's a great culture, you work with an amazing diverse set up employees, and it's a good way to continue your career growth. Looking forward to seeing Insightly grow!

Cons

Not much. As long as you have good time management and take responsibility for your work.

5. Insightly loves their customers and their employees!

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Insightly is nice. The CEO makes sure we have happy hours weekly and have plenty of snacks and beer and drinks in the fridge. The work life balance is good. Everyone likes to work together and we have a great deal of diversity on every team. Management works together and is on the same page about future goals. H.R. is very focused on trying to make everyone in the company feel like there is significant opportunities for growth and that everyone is satisfied with their work life balance, managers and teams.

Cons

Insightly is a start up, not everything will run smoothly and there have been and will be bumps in the road. This is true of any company.

Trusting and caring about your staff is #1. That is important to keep in mind at all times. Insightly does a good job of that for the most part.

6. Great people and great growth

I have been working at Insightly full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very nice and intelligent people to work with and many leaders who are not managers. Almost everyone appears to be happy and I like it here. Free lunch on Fridays with snacks in kitchen. Everybody is interested in making things like the product and process better and making business grow. Management is open to let us get training and grow professionally.

Cons

I hope non-executive leaders are being compensated well.
    One executive micromanages people even from other groups and affects all the company and culture badly - either uncomfortable or wants to be CEO. Other leaders are a good fit.
    Communication between groups could be better for a small company - this is part of usual growing pains.
    Not much incentive to plan for staying in long term.

Discuss and really listen more to staff. Many opinions are ignored. There are lots of smart choices happening - keep those and limit the bad ones.
    Human resources/payroll is unsteady and needs good management.
    Add financial incentives for people to stay longer and have long careers with Insightly.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I think this is a great place to work for many reasons:
    The company has great potential for growth
    Smart people, as well as nice/respectful people.
    Fun place to work/great culture - lots of improvements had been made/implemented
    Good benefits and salary

Cons

Growing company - inevitably will have growing pains

Communicate more about changes, progress, and road ahead. Clearly articulate long-term strategy

Exciting workplace

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, the team is amazing. Everyone works really well together and we get great rewards such as team events, weekly lunches, weekly happy hours, weekly massages and a Clipper Card for travel to and from work.

Cons

The company is still building its culture, but so far it's great!

Fun company to work for!

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

I have been working at Insightly for Almost a year now, and I greatly enjoy my coworkers and team. I think management is very interested in moving everyone forward and growing the team and our skills. We work well together and have an awesome office!

We have a good, diverse environment and we enjoy our Friday happy hours and free lunches. We have a fully stocked fridge and get massages on Thursday's.... What is there to dislike.

Cons

Not sure who keeps posting the bad reviews but they obviously do not work here!

Disorganized management, company with a culture problem

I have been working at Insightly full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Snacks and drinks. Good camaraderie within departments, and some fun personalities to work with.

Cons

All of the drawbacks are in Engineering. If you're coming into one of the other areas, you'll probably be happy, at least until Engineering drags everything else down. Management in Engineering is clueless - no knowledge of technology, just knows buzzwords. Micromanaging, absolutely zero delegation, trust, respect, loyalty, or honesty. Employees literally disappear with no notice to the rest of the staff, regardless of if they have quit or been fired. The company has lost well over a dozen employees this year alone, and it's not over. Engineering has lost more people than it has retained. Development process is supposed to be agile, but the management within engineering doesn't follow it or understand it. Hiring standards are relaxed - company is no longer looking for excellence, just obedience. Run far and fast if you're a developer.

Look at the department where most of the people have left from, and you'll be forced to see where in the management structure your problem is. Hint - it's not CS, Sales, or Marketing. Call back the people that have left and ask them to identify the main person that drove their decision to leave; act on that answer. Look hard at Engineering management and decide if you want technical excellence or mediocrity - your employees are good; trust them.

Great outlook for the company - improving culture

I have been working at Insightly full-time

Pros

Small good team. Good customer success team. Company really focused. Great product.
    Customers are die hard fans.

Cons

Attrition, some engineers didnt like how they were treated. But company has really changed for the better. culture is improving.
    No catered lunches??? Only lunch on friday. Its a SF based startup! I havent paid for lunch in last many many years in SF.

LUNCH - i am hungry. But great job ito work here. fun company to work at. Great product.