Insitu

Insitu President & CEO Steve Morrow

Steve Morrow

Neutral

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay and benefits here

Conslinked to US Government contracts

Great Place to start a Career, Fluctuations Can Drive you Crazy over Time

Procurement (Current Employee) Bingen, WA

ProsFlexibility in wok schedule
    Generous Year-End Bonus
    Generous Vacation
    Ability to move around in the company
    Good Benefits

ConsHorrible at hiring quality middle-managers
    Constant changes in processes
    Young company which focused primarily on government contracts now looking to enter questionable commercial market since military interventions have slowed dramatically globally- Uncertain future
    Very limited product line

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter quality middle managers a MUST- they greatly affect moral across the departments they oversee

I have experienced growth and gained substanial training in a short period of time.

Procurement (Current Employee) Bingen, WA

Prosgreat training provided with ample opprotunities to grow in the Company. the benefits are stellar.

ConsThere is somewhat still a garage mentality.
    This is a small Co that went large quickly and even the Company learning to use the MRP, ERP system correctly has and is a challenge. This means to thrive here you must have great patience because the growing period so far from getting out of the garage mentality is slow moving.

Advice to Senior ManagementAttention needs to be given to what percentage of all employee's time is spent in repetious meetings. Need stronger personal performance goals that have relavance to the employees day to day duties instead of presenting overall Company goals as personal performance goals. Maybe use software or the SMART tech that is used to set and define personal performance goals. Insitu personal goals are not motivating or exciting to an individual.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Progressive company that just grew too fast

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsVery good people
    Great experience
    Cutting edge technology

ConsPay disparities
    Culture of under empowered accountability
    People doing jobs they are clearly not qualified to be doing

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a bit more selective in hiring practices. Allow people to work at satellite locations that are closer to civilization. Reassess skills of legacy employees, someone that fit the bill when you had 100 employees may not be up to the task after explosive growth.

Awesome company, not on the right track

ProsGreat benefits for entire family, AWESOME pay- especially for contract work, fun environment to work in, beautiful location, very cool product.

Cons"Management" is a joke, I don't know anyone who would disagree with that. HR hires lots of degenerates from the military only to fire them a year or less later.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring loser contractors and employees that are employed for less than a year, hiring people's friends does not work and ultimately we wind up with the mediocrity that is currently working at and running our company. Half these people are only here for a paycheck. This industry is driven by passion, THAT is what we need, passionate people.

Leader in industry, top pay in industry, solid management, great people for the most part

ProsBetter pay and benefits than any other company in this industry. Mostly surrounded by others who are passionate about their work. Room to move up if you have a good work ethic and willing to put in the time. Insitu is this industry.

ConsLots of lazy employees not willing to put in the work. I see lots of short term employee reviews on here. If you're not above standard, Insitu wont keep you around. Period. It cost way too much to train someone just to let them go for no reason, if you were fired its a direct reflection of you, not management.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to lower level management and getting rid of the weak links.

Talk about going to hell in a hand basket....

Undisclosed (Current Employee) Bingen, WA

ProsBeautiful location, good benefits, good insurance, some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. Other than that....not much these days.

ConsWhere do I start? Dealing with management is like falling in pool full of angry sharks. It's cut throat politics right now. No one has a budget to work with. Work is light and no one can charge to OH, so what do you do? I have worked very hard for this company for many years and now a days they are doing all they can to get me to quit. Whatever it takes to save money, right? More layoffs are coming if they can't get enough people to quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to hell.

Great people, weak leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company. Wonderful location. Great industry to explore. Boeing subsidiary. Friendly environment. Plenty of work to go around. Has a lot of potential.

ConsNo accountability from the top. No direction, no vision, little creativity. Interactions with employees are policy-driven and rigid. Top-heavy management structure. Very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink outside the box. Try harder to hold onto employees worth keeping. Make better decisions. Pay attention to and Listen to those who work everyday to support you in your position. Start doing what's right, not just what policy dictates (that's where your problems are).

Watch your back... Company clearly operates on the good ol boy system.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay for contract work, just dont expect it to last.

ConsLike everyone else said, very cliquish. If they don't like you they'll find a reason to fire you and call it something else.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only people I didnt have problems with was HR. Everyone else was useless and it was like being in high school again.

So Much Potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost exciting subject matter, overall great people, and remote work allowed

ConsSome departments are disorganized, uncommunicative, and hostile

Worked for Insitu? Contribute to the Community!