Insperity

Insperity Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Insperity Chairman and CEO Paul J. Sarvadi

Paul J. Sarvadi

Pros:
  • "Also, although we worked hard the work life balance element was always prevalent"
    in 39 reviews
  • "Great Benefits, There are actually a few genuinely qualified people that work here"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "You need a work life balance to decompress from the recruiting dept"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Takes a while to get started must split deals with Senior Sales Reps to get things done"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Insperity

ProsInsperity is a great balance between work and home life. They are family focused and allow you to create that harmonious balance that many companies overlook. Vacation is amazing, benefits are amazing, people are friendly, fun, and intelligent. The culture is more of a small local business than a large corporate entity.

ConsPay is often below market value, but benefits can outweigh. Raises are barely enough to cover inflation, and if you have been there for a while, they don't add up to what you should be making for your skill set.

Great Company, Great People, Excellent Work Life Balance

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsI felt as through my ideas were heard and I was able to contribute to building a business all while learning a ton along the way. Excellent opportunity to grow with a business. A lot of change but that is to be expected in this environment given the direction the department is going. My co-workers were the best and I had excellent leadership to mentor and help facilitate my goals. My team was truly my second family. I also appreciated the ethics in how business is conducted as this is not always the case in the recruiting business. Also, although we worked hard the work life balance element was always prevalent. The environment of the recruiting department is a mix between a corporate environment and an agency environment. The training is also excellent – formal training program.

ConsCompensation is a base salary, however the stability of a base is also a PRO.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for your mentorship and continued support throughout my career.

Awesome Company Culture supported by Caring Professional Front Line Specialists

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsClient interaction and impact, Awesome team-mates, excellent benefits

ConsCompany still working on consistency across regions. Operating groups have different leadership styles and expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider leadership cultural change from Director level and above. Consider 360 performance evaluation for leadership across organization.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No better place to work than Insperity!

Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsI thoroughly enjoy my career here at Insperity. There are so many opportunities to learn and grow with the organization and there is continuous praise and feedback. There is a great performance management system in place and continuous recognition. There is a spirit of comradery and family and team that promotes growth and free thinking. I feel that this is not just a career. I am changing lives, business, and communities!

ConsThe only con is my commute, but I would drive further to work for such a great organization!

Very nice company - makes it easy to stay a long time!

ProsThis company has a great culture, takes care of employees, and puts people first. They have a good compensation plan with an incentive package to help all employees feel more involved and part of the company's success. Very attractive PTO benefits as well! They make sure employees are not only able to give their all in their work, but also have time away to regroup and refresh.

ConsCommunication between business units is challenging as the company grows to more offerings. Some of the incentive goals that are company wide are not applicable to all employees so it can make it challenging to get buy-in from employees. Being a large company, it can take a while for decisions to be made.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing and keep the investment going in technology.

Great people working together to live out mission.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAn environment where everyone is striving to exceed customer's expectations. They are also big into giving back to the community.

ConsNot much. Just minor communication glitches on occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Best company I've ever worked for in my career

Senior Client Liaison (Current Employee)

ProsGenerous PTO, positive culture, high standards of service to clients. Insperity absolutely cares about their clients, their success and making sure they are satisfied with the service.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity if you are outside of a service center but I find my job challenging and fun so it's not an issue for me personally.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Experience at Insperity

Professional Employee Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat starting salary and benefits package with uncapped commissions.

ConsTakes a while to get started must split deals with Senior Sales Reps to get things done. There is as much selling internally as there is to prospect which makes the sales cysle that much longer.

A decent company

Information Technology (Current Employee)
    Kingwood, TX

ProsFrom an IT perspective, Insperity is small and is generally unafraid to spend a ton of money to be early technology adopters of new technology. Their benefits are decent. Their pay is decent. All in all, Insperity is a decent company. There are many talented individuals at Insperity.

ConsInsperity IT often doesn't operate with an enterprise mindset. There are too many individuals making individual decisions in different directions.

could be a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslots of incentives, high base,

Cons2 weeks training and you are on your own. Treat you like a new sales person even though they try to hire people with experience. Expectations are to be in the office making phone calls unless you actually have an appointment. Very authoritarian climate.

Worked for Insperity? Contribute to the Community!

Insperity Videos

Insperity – Why Work for Us?

About Insperity Insperity, a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 27 years, provides an array of human resources and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. Insperity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insperity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insperity CEO Paul J. Sarvadi. All 164 reviews posted anonymously by Insperity employees.