Insperity

Insperity Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Insperity Chairman and CEO Paul J. Sarvadi

Paul J. Sarvadi

Pros
  • Also, although we worked hard the work life balance element was always prevalent (in 40 reviews)

• Great benefits - including a generous paid-time off package (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • You need a work life balance to decompress from the recruiting dept (in 6 reviews)

• Takes a while to get started must split deals with Senior Sales Reps to get things done (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Love it here~

Business Performance Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFantastic product and the company stands behind what we sell

ConsNONE Please keep up doing what you are doing, because it works.

Advice to Senior ManagementNONE! Keep up the good work!

They do the right thing

Business Performance Advisor (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe Always deliver what they say they will deliver

ConsHard to move up in the company.

sales

ProsGreat Company to work for. The company gives you a lot of freedom to sell the way you want.

ConsNone that I can think of

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work!

Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) Baytown, TX

ProsSince I have been at Insperity, I have experienced nothing but great things from my coworkers as well as management. It is a true team-based environment and everyone helps one another. I could not ask for a better employer. Our location also provides us with a company breakfast every other week as well as weekly acknowledgments of hard work and dedication (who also get taken to lunch by the company at the end of the month). The company has been very flexible with my work schedule as well. Overall, it is a great place to work!

ConsSometimes the work load can be a bit overwhelming, but the company will do what it can to assist. Insperity brought in help from different locations to assist with our work orders to help us get back on track.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to ask your subordinates what might make their jobs more efficient, which would in turn increase productivity.

Great potential if Senior Management would wake up and smell the coffee

Payroll (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople- most of the people are great to work with and truly care about each other
    Benefits- company still manages to offer great benefits with the exception of education assistance.
    Work-life balance

ConsThe WORST technology EVER. Its 2014 and this company is holding on to technology built 20 years ago.
    No room for growth, one has to be part of a click to be promoted.- specific to the Atlanta office.
    Pay your people more competitively.
    Office culture-Management has a delusional idea of kindergarten like activities as fun. If the time, money, and energy used to come up with "fun in the workplace" was used to create programs to improve knowledge, pay for much needed industry training, and other programs it would truly be a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an outside consultant to evaluate and clean up your management group in the SE region.
    Stop buying companies with great products,buy a new system....A HRIS system that integrates with all the other services or products offered.
    Integrity- tell customers exactly what they are paying for!
    Listen to your employees.
    Stop promoting incompetent people!
    Stop patching up a dinosaur of a system. We are loosing clients everyday because of technology.

Good Company with Good People

Business Performance Advisor (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits are top notch. The people are great and there is a good management structure in place. AT Insperity you are selling a very unique product. Other competitors in the market place cannot provide the same offering.
    The company is great about providing training. The sales reps are the most knowledgeable in the marketplace.

ConsUnderwriting/Pricing dept is not very flexible. This can make it difficult when you are in a very competitive situation.
    Because of the tax restart involved with moving to a PEO it is difficult to make sales year round. The business makes a majority of its sales during the forth qtr.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your District Managers and Regional Managers. They know what is happening in the field.

Professional, Integrity Driven Company

Business Development Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe company invests a great deal of time and effort in training new business development reps. There is a lot of support from the staff, the service staff and the manager. They will go out of there way to help you be successful.

ConsIt's a competitive arena both in the office and out in the field and Insperity is one of the most expensive PEOs so there are a lot of challenges in making a sale. The company offers no support with in-house telemarketing for appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with pricing if it's a good prospect. Invest in an in-house call center, it will pay dividends.

Thankful to work here

ProsOverall, it's been a great place to work. The culture is strong and positive, caring managers that want to see you succeed, training opportunities to grow and it's been a stable place to be at even when the marketplace hasn't always been.

ConsUpper management is not always on the same page or lack of involvement can cause communication issues. This is often times the case with big corporations though.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with your direct departments/teams and be open with upcoming initiatives.

Great Company

Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits. Fun environment to work in. Lots of time off, and opportunities to volunteer. Great new brand and new offers ring for potential customers.

ConsDifficult to get into the company unless you know someone (nepotism is high). Doesn't pay well as compared to other comparable positions at similar-sized companies. List of good ol boy politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementBase the hiring on skill rather than familiar attachment.

While difficult at times, Insperity is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat culture. Good Benefits. Great People.

ConsPay increase and promotions are difficult in some departments.
    A poor vetting process when it comes to promoting people to leadership roles.
    Rife with nepotism and this has a negative affect on employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Insperity? Contribute to the Community!