Insperity

Insperity Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Insperity Chairman and CEO Paul J. Sarvadi

Paul J. Sarvadi

Pros:
  • "Also, although we worked hard the work life balance element was always prevalent"
    in 39 reviews
  • "Great Benefits, There are actually a few genuinely qualified people that work here"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "You need a work life balance to decompress from the recruiting dept"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Takes a while to get started must split deals with Senior Sales Reps to get things done"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A great place to work!

Processing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Baytown, TX

ProsSince I have been at Insperity, I have experienced nothing but great things from my coworkers as well as management. It is a true team-based environment and everyone helps one another. I could not ask for a better employer. Our location also provides us with a company breakfast every other week as well as weekly acknowledgments of hard work and dedication (who also get taken to lunch by the company at the end of the month). The company has been very flexible with my work schedule as well. Overall, it is a great place to work!

ConsSometimes the work load can be a bit overwhelming, but the company will do what it can to assist. Insperity brought in help from different locations to assist with our work orders to help us get back on track.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to ask your subordinates what might make their jobs more efficient, which would in turn increase productivity.

They do the right thing

Business Performance Advisor (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe Always deliver what they say they will deliver

ConsHard to move up in the company.

Good Company with Good People

Business Performance Advisor (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits are top notch. The people are great and there is a good management structure in place. AT Insperity you are selling a very unique product. Other competitors in the market place cannot provide the same offering.
    The company is great about providing training. The sales reps are the most knowledgeable in the marketplace.

ConsUnderwriting/Pricing dept is not very flexible. This can make it difficult when you are in a very competitive situation.
    Because of the tax restart involved with moving to a PEO it is difficult to make sales year round. The business makes a majority of its sales during the forth qtr.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your District Managers and Regional Managers. They know what is happening in the field.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional, Integrity Driven Company

Business Development Representative (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsThe company invests a great deal of time and effort in training new business development reps. There is a lot of support from the staff, the service staff and the manager. They will go out of there way to help you be successful.

ConsIt's a competitive arena both in the office and out in the field and Insperity is one of the most expensive PEOs so there are a lot of challenges in making a sale. The company offers no support with in-house telemarketing for appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with pricing if it's a good prospect. Invest in an in-house call center, it will pay dividends.

Great Company

Sales Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits. Fun environment to work in. Lots of time off, and opportunities to volunteer. Great new brand and new offers ring for potential customers.

ConsDifficult to get into the company unless you know someone (nepotism is high). Doesn't pay well as compared to other comparable positions at similar-sized companies. List of good ol boy politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementBase the hiring on skill rather than familiar attachment.

While difficult at times, Insperity is a great place to work.

Houston, TX

ProsGreat culture. Good Benefits. Great People.

ConsPay increase and promotions are difficult in some departments.
    A poor vetting process when it comes to promoting people to leadership roles.
    Rife with nepotism and this has a negative affect on employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Thankful to work here

ProsOverall, it's been a great place to work. The culture is strong and positive, caring managers that want to see you succeed, training opportunities to grow and it's been a stable place to be at even when the marketplace hasn't always been.

ConsUpper management is not always on the same page or lack of involvement can cause communication issues. This is often times the case with big corporations though.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with your direct departments/teams and be open with upcoming initiatives.

Business Performance Advisor at Insperity

Business Performance Advisor (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsSolid corporation with great sales incentives and benefits.

ConsToughest job there is; be ready to be a high-paid telemarketer.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow less favoritism and endeavor to eliminate 'office politics'

Insperity is a wonderful place to work!

Houston, TX

ProsThe culture at Insperity is incredible. It is apparent that senior leadership truly cares about the employees and wants them to have a true work-life balance. My first day at the company I said to the receptionist "There must be something in the air here, everyone is happy!". Also, Community Involvement is a big thing to Insperity, which is very refreshing. The benefits plan that we are offered is also top-notch; I do not know of anyone who has a plan as rich as ours. We receive a great deal of PTO and are fully expected to use it; this all goes along with a good work-life balance.

ConsI hear that companies in downtown Houston offer higher compensation for the same jobs; in fact, that is a major reason that people leave the company. However, I also know that many people who have left for higher pay also come back after a couple of years. It is difficult to get on with Insperity to begin with; the recruitment process seems to take a very long time. It is worth the wait though if you have the time.

Insperity is a company committed to our mission of helping small business succeed and I love that I can be a part of it.

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits - including a generous paid-time off package. Work-life balance is valued.

ConsEach business unit is siloed - it would be great to partner more with the other business units

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work - open communication and building more business opportunities to support our clients.

Worked for Insperity? Contribute to the Community!

Insperity Videos

Insperity – Why Work for Us?

About Insperity Insperity, a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 27 years, provides an array of human resources and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. Insperity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insperity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Insperity CEO Paul J. Sarvadi. All 164 reviews posted anonymously by Insperity employees.