Insperity

Updated December 9, 2014
3.4

Insperity Chairman and CEO Paul J. Sarvadi
Paul J. Sarvadi

Pros
  • Also, although we worked hard the work life balance element was always prevalent (in 42 reviews)

• Benefits- company still manages to offer great benefits with the exception of education assistance (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • You need a work life balance to decompress from the recruiting dept (in 7 reviews)

• Takes a while to get started must split deals with Senior Sales Reps to get things done (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

It's not the same company as it used to be. What happened?

I have been working at Insperity full-time

Pros

It's pleasant - no cursing, no yelling, lower stress.
    Good benefits and lots of time off.

Cons

-Lower base pay.
    -On the Sales side, you can keep your job for many years even if you sell close to nothing.
    -On the Service side it's all "Shiny, Happy People". All fluff, trying to make employees feel good while ignoring reality. Unwillingness to share reality with employees or acknowledge challenges. No interest in hearing employee suggestions. If you challenge the current approach with a better idea you're considered anti-team player. If you call out the current state of affairs you're looked at like a troublemaker. Service leadership loves to install and promote all sorts of initiatives that are irrelevant and a waste of time, just to make employees feel good and not notice what's really going on. It's like we're all plugged into the Matrix. Finally, Sales rules the roost at this company - all the budget, all the perks, and the attention. Service exists to suppot sales, not serve customers. In the 2014 Insperity world, Service is there to prospect and beg customers not to leave. Serving customers has become irrelevant.

Knock of the showmanship and Hollywood production nonsense and just come clean with what's really going on. Shut down sales offices that aren't producing. Stop kowtowing to Wall Street by pretending that more salespeople equals more production. It doesn't. Most of your salespeople don't sell,.

Great work environment

Former Employee - Web Developer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Houston, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very employee focused company from the top down

Cons

Was lacking structure. Job description was not in line with expectations from management

Being a BPA for Insperity was the worst 2 years of my life

Former Employee - Business Performance Advisor
    Former Employee - Business Performance Advisor

I worked at Insperity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Base is ok, benefits are ok, you get an iPad you'll never use for work, oh and on your way out they will pay you a severance to quit......

Cons

All the reviews about mgmt hand picking a few and feeding them leads is 100% accurate. Rest of BPAs make their base plus little above and slave just to keep their job. Hard to imagine but you're sold on a $250k+ sales job and 10 months later you're begging to keep the avg base salary. But it happens and happens more often than it doesn't. When I asked the top rep on my team what her best year looked like on her W2 and she told me $105k, I immediately looked for a new job, which is where I am making more than $105k in my base alone.

In short; awful work environment, grossly unethical mgmt behavior, laughable comp plan, insanely expensive service that very very few SMBs need and can afford, mgmt is trained to chastise BPAs in order to motivate them.

You guys are an absolute joke. Doesn't look as if HCR has played into your corner huh? Go buy another plane Paul. You deserve it

Bad Career Move!

Former Employee - Guess?
    Former Employee - Guess?

I worked at Insperity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The office was 5 minutes away from my home.

Cons

As a great sales representative at the peak of your career, you are lured by promises of making great money. You arrive and you get this title of Business Performance Advisor that nobody in any other industry recognizes. Some even get certified! Good luck finding another job after this, you might want to start looking a year before you leave or get fired! When you get there you realize you are a telemarketer and will work harder than any other sales job because you are selling a very expensive per employee per month service. If you ever get to the point where they will teach you, they teach you to use sneaky confusing moves to get business owners to think they are saving money. If you are a good sales person you can pull this off, get some recognition and make NO money. Your stomach will hurt at the thought of telling business owners they will save money, run better, grow faster and make more money. Deep down under the smoke and mirrors, you know it's not true! In reality, they can outsource stuff as they need it instead of paying for the possibility of using all of Insperity's services without signing a CO-EMPLOYMENT agreement. You will watch the hand picked BPA's get sales that have been handed to them by the managers or because you are required to split your hard earned prospecting opportunities. Out of 10 of those possible slim to none chances you dig up, they will maybe close NONE! Interesting how they can close their stuff, but none you bring. Wonder if it's because they are getting leads?!?!?! In every office 3 or so people are there to make it and the rest are just there to generate more chances and to bring in a fluke lucky sale. Eventually the filler BPA's burn out, quit or get fired and are replaced with the next set of dummies. When you look closely you will notice that even the long term reps are struggling because they are having to replace the clients that keep leaving.

I cant believe you have the heart to do this to people. You bring them in pretending like they can have a meaningful career only to have their dreams crushed when they notice they can only achieve this by killing themselves. Also, a small business owner who is struggling to survive comes to us to get help affording their health care. We blindfold them, spin them around and then show them how with our minimal health care savings and our astronomical service fee, they will be better off. That's Despicable! I'm pretty sure all of the top people there make millions every year while most other staff struggles to feed their family. The model is broken and even if you report you are doing fine, many inside know the truth. Thank goodness for Glassdoor.

Financially stable, steady and conservative. Can be tough to get new ideas implemented even when shown they are low risk

I have been working at Insperity

Pros

Relatively stable and steady. Good people work here. They are nation-wide so several options for employment throughout the US.

Cons

The pay is low. A bit of the "Walmart" mentality. Executives are well paid and more than not have a more "luxurious" work life while employees are paid on a fairly low scale. A bit of a disconnect between their stated values and the way business is actually done.

They pay you ok, roll out the red carpet if you are in sales. Then you figure it out!

I have been working at Insperity

Pros

Good PTO, some flexibility, they hire good people who will likely become your friends. Except you will almost all leave because your title of Business Performance Advisor means nothing and you make no money.

Cons

Lies behind the scenes. You will notice once you have been there long enough to look closely.

Stop feeding all the so called "top producers" and managers secret lovers and favorites!

Type A personalities, need not apply (except for a sales position)

I have been working at Insperity full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Depending upon the department, W/Life balance is excellent or horrible.

Cons

Depending upon the department, W/Life balance is excellent or horrible.

Wake up Investors

Current Employee - Sales Person
    Current Employee - Sales Person

I have been working at Insperity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Insperity sounds good on website, commercials, and on paper. Majority of company works really hard. Managers talk a good story. Potential to be a leader if management could be overhauled or put on the street to produce.

Cons

Regional and District managers waste your money on their own expenses. Don't believe the "servant" model because they are only self serving. Managers are slave drivers and C level encourages the burn and turn work culture and environment. Look at the turnover - 30-40% should be alarming since most cannot survive the constant hostility and counter productive management. Training department is all smoke and mirrors because managers do not allow you to practice what is preached since they select the ones who will succeed. The rest of the team serves as a telemarketing sweatshop and fears for their jobs until recruiters can find new victims.

Investors audit the expenses, managers, and lead assignments.

Have no vision

I worked at Insperity full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, moderate salary, work-life for people who have good managers.

Cons

IT out of control. No career plan for individuals. You need to be a Yes man or woman to climb the corporate ladder. Senior management clue less what's going on in the trenches. Individuals with poor performance are promoted as managers.

Not bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Insperity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of potlucks and co worker are nice

Cons

lack of opportunity for growth