Insperity Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014

4.0

Insperity Chairman and CEO Paul J. Sarvadi
Paul J. Sarvadi

Pros
  • Also, although we worked hard the work life balance element was always prevalent (in 40 reviews)

• Great benefits - including a generous paid-time off package (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • You need a work life balance to decompress from the recruiting dept (in 6 reviews)

• Takes a while to get started must split deals with Senior Sales Reps to get things done (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Service Center Management not qualified

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good PTO and benefits

Cons

General Managers in Dallas are not present and they talk down to employees. They promote employees to management that are not qualified and that do not understand compliance regulations. Very religous and political company, they promote their views to the point that they hold you hostage in a room once a month where they WebEx their CEO in to give his political and religious views....these meetings are mandatory. Strange since they are publicly traded consider themselves HR experts.

Leadership needs to understand that employees have their own views. They need to also understand that they have great talent in the field that do not need to move to Kingwood, Texas to lead the company in different aspects.

Insperity offers a great work/life balance and has wonderful benefits.

I have been working at Insperity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, Work/Life Balance, and Community Involvement are Pros that stick out in my mind.

Cons

Don't really have any Cons that stand out.

Extremely Positive

I have been working at Insperity

Pros

Amazing organization with culture to match. I have enjoyed my time at Insperity. Worked with great people and the work life balance is perfect.

Cons

Extremely difficult service to sell to business owners. Asking companies to change the way they purchase benefits can be challenging.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Insperity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Life Balance is the only PRO

Cons

You need a work life balance to decompress from the recruiting dept. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! NO benefits, salary or extra PTO is worth losing the value in yourself! This dept. is absolutely disgusting!!! Change today, change tomorrow, nothing stays the same. You have NO voice and you are merely just a puppet! This job is a JOKE!

Leave the company and never leave your house because you are a horrible set of people!

One Bad Apple Ruins the Bunch

Former Employee - Senior Client Liaison
    Former Employee - Senior Client Liaison

I worked at Insperity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong company culture. Well-established SOPs. Knowledgeable, supportive co-workers. Challenging work.

Cons

Management wants to view the world through rose-colored glasses. I was the 7th employee to leave (or be let go) under the Team Manager to whom I reported. At what point does the company start to question this manager's effectiveness or ability to lead? Apparently never. Also, other than adding the word "Senior" in front of your existing title, there is little to no room for advancement unless you want to relocate.

Don't be so quick to dismiss employee concerns or complaints. It's not always easy to acknowledge your faults, but you're probably losing good employees with long-term potential because you aren't willing to effectively manage your managers.

The people at Insperity were wonderful! The support team at the home office were phenomenally helpful and committed!

Former Employee - Business Performance Advisor
    Former Employee - Business Performance Advisor

I worked at Insperity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Peers and support team are great to work with!

Cons

Antiquated marketing and promotion strategies!

Create new market offerings and simplify the comp plan!! Product offerings offer no real advantage over competition and are far too expensive!

I have been working at Insperity

Pros

Work/life balance
    Positive atmosphere in my office at least
    Team support
    Great service/ platform
    Great people
    Residual pay

Cons

Low success and pay in beginning
    Low wins at first
    Co-employment
    Hard sell- needs to be "perfect fit"
    No advance/ draw- year 1 is very hard to succeed
    Low expense allowance.
    Base should be based on experience/ past success / negotiable. Too low for year 1-2.

Provide some type of small draw on top of the base pay until first 1 or 2 deals are closed. This is why talented and good performers leave after 1st year. Pay is low an so are your wins as a BPA early on. Anyone who had had success in another industry might be tempted to go back to that based on financial reasons alone.

Need to use more marketing 3.0 techniques vs. commercials and 1.0/80s-90s marketing.

Get buyers looking for great EE benefits, HR support and to grow business with employees. Competition are crushing us in this area. The platform is great and we need to find ways to get in front of more people who make these decisions. People in the small business community still have no clue who we are and what we do, yes we need to do our job at the local level, but we need more digital / innovative marketing. Even look at paying a 3rd party to get more qualified leads to us.

Create new products that make it easier for people to buy and say "yes" too. What about a platform for just HR support and no co-employment? Or a platform for benefits and limited HR support. That way we can sell exactly what the customer needs even if margin suffers a bit we can get more wins and build a bigger and better business.

Excellent company with an employee focused culture

I have been working at Insperity full-time

Pros

- Managers and team members value other opinions and contributions
    - Excellent recognition and validation for a job well done
    - Opportunities to help shape the direction and strategic approach to address divisional goals

Cons

- Tough work life balance depending on your position

Great company with lots of potential.

Current Employee - Senior Software Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Software Analyst

I have been working at Insperity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing in many areas. Great vacation and medical benefits.

Cons

A bit bureaucratic. Could better use technology

Ten years of happiness & personal development

Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator  in  Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment, Good people, Strong support of family & faith, Great flexibility with time management & PTO, Excellent adoption of new technologies, Fantastic benefits & perks, beautiful campus

Cons

Salary could be a little more competitive, but otherwise there weren't many cons to working for Administaff (now Insperity)

Never lose that small-business mentality that makes the company so great to work for - even as it grew into a Fortune 500 company, Insperity always had that close-knit, almost "family" feel to it like a small business

Worked for Insperity? Contribute to the Community!