Inspired Promotions

Updated December 8, 2014
Updated December 8, 2014
3.6

CEO

Seriously, such a great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Inspired Promotions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- fun work environment
    - GREAT opportunity
    - Can make as much money as you want to work for
    - In control of your own career
    - Individual growth
    - team nights and team fun
    - Super unique opportunity

Cons

- hard work
    - may require working over time depending on how much money you want to make and how fast you want to move up
    - really pushes you and challenges you

- more team nights!
    - great environment - keep up the positivity
    - really enjoy working here, please don't change anything!

A disappointing, misleading example of what not to look for in a career.

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

I worked at Inspired Promotions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unfortunately, I do not have anything positive to say about this company. I found their morals low, pay low, gas compensation low, and that they lacked in benefits and proper business protocol.

Cons

I'd say the biggest con was my discomfort. I was working overtime for minimum wage, and some of my coworkers were rude/some of the guys were unprofessional and would hit on me on the job.

We weren't marketers, but rather robots trained on repeating the same lines over and over to trick people into buying things. I found most often that all I was trained on was repeating a script. I wasn't trained on the products. So instead of being trained on the products on the job (like I should have been), I was researching the products in my free time to learn about them. So I was doing work outside of work and not getting paid. I had to do this because customers would ask me things that I didn't know/wasn't taught.

Talk about unprofessional all around. The "CEO" would also cuss a lot in meetings, which I found unprofessional. If you want to appear as you run a tight ship, then act like it and present yourself in such a way that would indicate it.

Long story short, you sell products in Sam's Club all day. You do set-ups and take-downs, and work at least 6 days a week for minimum wage.

Tell prospects in the first round interview exactly what the job entails. Be professional and if you're proud of your business, don't beat around the bush about the position.

inspiring team and opportunity

Current Employee - Classroom Trainer in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Classroom Trainer in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Inspired Promotions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The thing I am most motivated by at Inspired Promotions is the opportunity they offer. It is such a unique experience to work hard and be able to be as successful as you want to be. I can be an owner in a short amount of time if I choose to work hard to reach that goal. This company has showed me how strong I am and how confident I can be! I really enjoy working here and am thankful to my management team for always leading me in the right direction.

Cons

It is difficult and requires more time than any normal 9-5 job but the opportunity is also unlike any other 9-5 job. There is no glass ceiling and no boss that you have to work to take their job. You can eventually be your own boss which is challenging, but so worth it if you have what it takes.

Love the team nights and all the effort you put into team bonding. It makes the company so much more family oriented and fun.

Love the environment and atmosphere

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Inspired Promotions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Inspired Promotions has a really fun environment and team. They are all very welcoming and willing to help you with any questions you have. The training program really helped me learn fast and get up to speed with the rest of the team. The opportunity they offer is also pretty cool. You have to work hard to achieve your goals, but the opportunity to eventually run your own office is worth the work you put in. If you want it, you achieve it on your own terms and time.

Cons

It required lots of dedication and can be challenging, but who isn't up for a good challenge especially if you can be rewarded with somethign great. Look, it's not a job for everyone, but if you want it all, you can have it all.

Great motivating meetings in the morning, they always get me going!

The team environment at Inspired Promotions is phenomenal!

Current Employee - Marketing Trainer in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Trainer in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Inspired Promotions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The relationships I’ve been able to build with my fellow team members and superiors at Inspired

Promotions have been really valuable. Aside from personal connections, our team is able to

accomplish even greater successes due to this strong bond. We maintain a collaborative feel and

always benefit from each other’s expertise. It’s nice to know that I can count on my fellow team

members for support and advice.

Cons

It would be tough for me to come up with a con of working for Inspired Promotions. I’ve had only good

experiences since starting with the firm.

No advice to management, they do a great job leading the team.

Inspired Promotions gives me incredible travel opportunities!

I have been working at Inspired Promotions

Pros

I’ve been thrilled with the travel opportunities Inspired Promotions has provided for me. I love seeing and experiencing new places, and I also get to make networking contacts I never would have otherwise. If you want to expand your cultural horizons and professional communication skills, I can think of no better way to do it than by traveling. Inspired Promotions gives you that chance.

Cons

My efforts have always been appreciated and I feel like a valued member of the team. While it takes hard work to rise to the top, the efforts you put in pay off.

We appreciate everything you do to support us.

#inspired(NOT)

I worked at Inspired Promotions full-time

Pros

I get to write this highly entertaining review. Also, I would also like to premise this review by stating how funny I find it that this company has blatantly made their employees write good things recently on this site to contradict everything that has been said for months.

Cons

Where do I even start? Let’s see, first I was really excited to get this job because the interview process was very quick and they kept their promise on being in touch with me on my running for the job (little did I know they just love making phone calls and keeping in touch with me and all their employees, that’s their thing). Anyways, I got the job and was told that I'd be making about $100 dollars a day, but in a few short weeks/months I could be making $200 a day. This is all a vicious lie. Inspired Promotions was not honest about my pay and quite honestly they weren’t honest about a lot of things before I took the job. Other lies they feed you include gas compensation (you get none or maybe $10 big whoop), that they’re promoters (they’re salespeople come on now), you are not required to go to optional meetings (optional to them is a synonym for mandatory). Your typical day at inspired promotions starts with a morning meeting, teaching you things you’ve more than likely already learned from college then going out and “promoting” your product. Going out to “promote” could be close by or it could be say an hour or more to get to your location. Once you’re done “promoting” and you’ve had a long tiring day and can’t wait to just go home and eat dinner and watch your favorite tv show your mentor will call you up. They’ll ask you about your day, your goals, your life’s dreams and ambitions, how to do better tomorrow, what your goals are for tomorrow, what your goals are for the day after, and for the rest of the year. This is a daily process: same meetings, same sales, same phone calls talking about the same things. If you don’t meet your goals or don’t show the same enthusiasm as the golden ones it’ll be pointed out to you that you’re not as good as the others. So there’s that.

In terms of the atmosphere of this place, if you like scripted delusional robots then maybe this is the place for you. The employees here act like big shot CEO’s but really they’re just salespeople, you’ll get invited to team nights (which just like the job itself aren’t fun), and if you don’t go just like you if you don’t go to a meeting or conference that was also optional you’ll be made to feel like you’re not worthy and don’t work hard enough. Also, if you don’t dare to dream to be a millionaire and have 7 cars you’re also made to feel like you’re not worthy.

All in all this job tricks you into thinking it’s a really cool young on the rise promising career path, but in reality you’re better off staying at your part time job or unemployed. Trust me it’ll save you loads of regret and a headache. #inspired(not)

Great Review from a FORMER Employee

I worked at Inspired Promotions full-time

Pros

Pros- business development, resume builder, sales expereince, recruiting expereince, great introduction to the business world at an entry level.

Most companies won't hire someone without at least 3 years expereince. I worked here straight out of college and it was a great expereince. I eventually decided it wasn't the path for me, however in a market where no one would give me a chance, this company did. They also helped coach and mentor me with core business skills that have transferred in to my current role as a Sales Manager.

Cons

Cons - some travel required, some off hour work ( but that could be fine depending on someone's flexibility)

Big Goals, Big rewards

I have been working at Inspired Promotions

Pros

Great position for someone fresh out of college looking to gain experience in both business and marketing. I was instantly excited to learn how to do interviews and as well as help develop other individuals achieve success. Extremely team-oriented atmosphere where all the trainers are willing to take time out of their day to teach others succeed with lessons that can help with someone in both their personal and professional life. Never a dull moment with the crew in the office. Some of the most fun/sharp individuals I am fortunate to know.

Time management and organization are skills that are demanded to be successful in any business regardless of context. Initially, most individuals (including myself) do not fully understand how these things have an long-lasting effects. Which is why the positions instantly challenges individuals to think bigger in order to take more control over their own development. Individuals are essentially financially compensated to hone their own skills to make themselves more marketable through things such as the morning meetings. More responsibilities are given to individuals who consistently apply the lessons to be learned and along with that there is always the ability for advancement.

All the rewards/benefits/travel opportunity are offered to individuals who have a clear understanding the great rewards are met with great work ethic. The ideals that are taught with the position extend to all facets of life (sports, music, entertainment, business, etc.) where people look to be recognized for their relentless working habits. Almost always this requires an entrepreneurial type person to go above and beyond the usual standards to reach their goals. This positions rewards those individuals by sending them to national conferences such as Dallas to expand their own business mindset. They can also send a couple individuals on a fully-paid business vacations to places such as Puerto Rico and Jamaica. Amazing opportunities that are insane to pass up.

Cons

Definitely wouldn't consider this a con but individuals are sometimes surprised they can be tested on their character and working habits. Those individuals with the inability to have an open-mindset to constructive feedback will be least satisfied. Often times the feedback for individuals is given so that despite what they choose to pursue, they can utilize the advice to make themselves stronger entrepreneurs.

This is not a position for people looking to clock in and clock out of work and just leave it at that. This provides the opportunity where anyone who has the passion to be successful can showcase their efforts to go beyond regular standards of a typical "job". It is hard to imagine a highly desired position of any type that wasn't attained through above average work ethic. Individuals wanting to constantly learn more about the business need only ask their trainers and/or manager.

So fortunate to have the opportunity to have stumbled across this opportunity. I can't say enough how much it is the people that makes everything worthwhile. If you want hit personal milestones with people that love to care about you then there is really nothing else to question.

Employee to Entrepreneur

Current Employee - Top Trainer in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Top Trainer in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Inspired Promotions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am a top trainer in the office, and can not wait to excel even farther. Inspired Promotions has been the the exact type of job I have been searching for. It gives you the opportunity to think bigger, and become better. Shaping people from an employee into an entrepreneur. Everyday I am challenged, I learn and grow. But with Inspired you receive exactly what you out into it. This is not the type of place for people who only want to live by bare minimum, this is an opportunity to see the bigger picture and break out of the $8.25 an hour positions. I have been working here for only two months and have seen myself grow more than I did in my four years at Bradley University. After school, I worked at Jimmy Johns for minimum wage making about $400 biweekly. Within my second week with Inspired I made $250 in ONE DAY onto my paycheck just by following directions! I went to school for theatre, so if I can do it so can you!! Inspired Promotions has strengthened my people skills, taught me how to think like a business owner and is setting me up for success.

I learn the most in the morning meetings, and they are a perfect way to wake me up in the morning and get pumped up for the day! It is also a great way for team building! Within the first two weeks of training, I was promoted into a trainer position. My mentor was there to help me achieve my personal goals and pushed me to reach them. I do not work for somebody else here at Inspired. I am working for myself, and am able to help others do the same. I was chosen to go to an all expenses paid conference within my first 3 weeks of being here. At the conference I met sharp, professional, and successful people from all over the country. Some of those people were in the same position I am in less than a year ago! I am only two months in and if I walked away with the following skill sets:

Teaching and training others
    Developing a positive mindset
    Interviewing
    The ability to talk to/approach anybody
    Giving constructive feedback
    Campaign Management

I have also developed wonderful business relationships and friendships with my business partners! If I was able to do all of that in just two months, I can not wait to see myself in the next 6 months!

Cons

This is not your average 9-5 job. So, for those looking to make the minimum requirements, check Macy's?

Inspired Promotions Photos