InstaEDU Reviews

Reset
2.8
Dan Rosensweig

1. Nicely Paid Online Tutor

I have been working at InstaEDU part-time

Pros

Easy to do. You really just teach what you already know. You pick what topics you want to teach and just regurgitate info to kids.

Cons

Some students ar rude, and just want answers to be given to them. You wait for lessons to appear and from there its a free for all between you and all the other tutors that are online at the moment. Sometimes it is difficult to get a lesson.

Advice to Management

Theres not much to say. Maybe reduce the number of tutors that you hire, because there are too many tutors for the amount of students that log on. It is quite difficult to get a lesson at times.

2. Awesome for pocket money

I have been working at InstaEDU

Pros

You work when want, from home, with descent pay ( best rate among other tutoring websites ). Customer support is great for tutors they sided with me when I reported a student who was cheating .

Cons

Depends on the needs , so you will have a lot of downtime. Many students think that they can ask for a quick direct answers for the assignments or quizzes, and this website is not meant for that, yet you will see many of that type so learn how to handle them or cancel the requests , and comply with the honor code.

Advice to Management

Awesome job! Keep it up (y)

3. Flexible, but little protection for tutors

I worked at InstaEDU

Pros

Flexible work hours, a lot of demand if you become a top-ranked tutor, can work from anywhere.

Cons

Students will give you bad reviews if you do not do their homework, and staff will not do anything to ameliorate the situation.

5. CS Tutor

Current Employee - CS Tutor in Harrisonburg, VA
    Current Employee - CS Tutor in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at InstaEDU

Pros

So. Flexible. $20/hr. 5 Stars forever.

Cons

student pinging ebb and flow but you make your own schedule so thats not too bad

6. Slimy management; incompetent tutor support

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at InstaEDU

Pros

Absolutely nothing good about this company.

Cons

Terrible support. If you get negative reviews that aren't justified support does not care and will let unruly students tarnish your record. This used to be a good source of income but Chegg bought out instaEDU and Chegg treats its employees like garbage.

Advice to Management

Go back to instaEDU, Chegg does not care about its employees.

7. decent for side job

I have been working at InstaEDU

Pros

the pay is pretty great for an online tutoring site, and you can definitely have flexibility with your time

Cons

some of the students are just fishing for answers, and you can't protest if they give you a bad review, which a lot of them do arbitrarily

Advice to Management

let us evaluate students, so tutors don't suffer because students are being irrational and angry when we don't violate the honor code for them

8. Great....if you can actually get students

Current Employee - Online Tutor in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Online Tutor in Edison, NJ

I have been working at InstaEDU

Pros

-pay -working from home -sharing your expertise

Cons

-difficult to get assignments -income not stable;varies based on how many students you tutor

More Tutors than students

I have been working at InstaEDU

Pros

Flexible schedule and you can make decent side income.

Cons

More tutors than students. Tutors from India will be ready to get your student all day/night long and you won't get any.

Advice to Management

Change your policy.

CHEATING is encouraged here, regardless of policy.

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at InstaEDU

Pros

Good pay and flexible work hours. This job definitely compensates better than most, but the generous pay comes at a price.

Cons

Support is completely incompetent. If a student underhandedly wants a tutor to cheat and then gives a bad review when the tutor provides ideas and guidance only, support will NOT listen or counsel with the tutor. I basically asked what I could do better in the future to prevent this from happening and was essentially shut down and given no explanation for their refusal to remove the negative rating/feedback. I absolutely loved this company and was so conscientious, but they deactivated my account and ignored my expressed desire to work out the issue or gather advice before I resigned.

Advice to Management

Respect the hardworking tutors who are doing everything possible to abide by the Honor Code. Stop enabling cheaters!

This company is a total scam for parents, students and even worse for tutors.

Current Employee - Tutor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Tutor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at InstaEDU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It really connect you with a lot of students out there.

Cons

Here I could say thousands of things, but I will be briefly on these few: 1- first of all, if you are a parent, don't let your kids use this company, because they don't really care about if your children learn or not, they only care to charge you the highest amount they can on your credit card. Also, one thing you will realize is the fact that students can sign in into the website just putting their email, therefore, they are mislead to InstaEdu concept and most of them believe that this service is free, once they are inside, they been told to sign up. Well, guess what, even your kids might be trying to just get the homework done by someone abroad or here in the U.S and not learning anything at all, which is a waste of money for you. 2- If you are a tutor, come on, give yourself a break and go for others companies such as Eduboard, InstaEdu treat the tutors like a piece of you know what guys. These people didn't care at all that you came from Harvard, Yale or Oxford, as soon they see that you have 4 negative feedback they will try their way to kick you out of the game, it doesn't matter if you have 1000 positive feedback they don't really care. Even worse, this company is so " abusive and unethical" that if 2 students say something negative about you, they don't even call you as an employee and discuss the matter, they just threat you saying that they will fire you. Come on!! don't they see the key point here? all these tutors comes from good schools, many of them from Ivy League school and they threat them like they are talking with unskilled workers in some random place on earth. The only reason why this company are not getting sue every single month is just because they really shield themselves on any liabilities with their employees. But trust me guys, it could be now or later, one these two things will happen to Instaedu in the near future. Someone will find out a solid case against this company and take them to court or company such as Eduboard will dominate their market share and put them out of business.

Advice to Management

Understand one thing! 1- employees are the most valuable asset that any company could have. 2- You are not the only tutoring services out there, 3- Eduboard is higher rank and more solid than you guys, just because your politics regarding employee and service charge to students simply doesn't work. 4- Do no think you guys are the best because pay $20 an hour/case. I been making $60 an hour in another company and I will make more when I get my Phd. So decide how you guys are doing your business, because it show a lack of vision for you as a CEO in the educational fields. Helping students to cheat never will be a good business.

RSS Feed </> Embed