InstaLoan Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.9
CEO

1. Good Job if you are ok with being at work all day long!!!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InstaLoan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it is decent pay there is no drug tests

Cons

crazy policies that change day to day that you are expected to know. Micromanagers all throughout the company are required to do way more than you are paid for you are required to chase customer's home which is dangerous

Advice to Management

stick with store management position if you are promoted to gm and you dont perform how they think you should you will be fired. it is a a numbers game. you can be the best employee ever but if your numbers are bad (which is somewhat uncontrollable) your out!!!

2. general manager

I worked at InstaLoan

Pros

great salary and monthly bonus

Cons

hours , to much stressfull

3. There is no such thing as family friendly company

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Augusta, GA

I worked at InstaLoan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the customers and the employees

Cons

New company, always changing procedures without clearly thinking them out. Do not recognize their hard workers and show any type of appreciation.

Advice to Management

You are having all your good employees leaving because of the low moral and lack of appreciation from upper mangement

Simply Put...Horrible place to work

Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InstaLoan

Pros

At one point in time (like when I first started for the company 2 and a half years ago) it was a great place to work. Upper management seemed to give a flip about you......

Cons

.....fast forward.... upper management doesn't care about you as a person. You are expected to perform to unrealistic expectations no matter how insane the request. Work/life balance non-existent. Had to leave the company. Totally unbearable

Advice to Management

Stop lending money to people who you know can't pay it back and then holding your employees accountable for collecting. News flash....if the customers are not paying their car note, uncle sam and other bills nine times out of ten they won't pay you especially if you have no collateral for the loan

6. General Manager

I worked at InstaLoan full-time

Pros

Supplemental bonus once a month. And getting to meet some good people over the years (customer's and staff).

Cons

They have no identity. Make up your mind, and quit changing your Loan Products. It's almost impossible to get beyond the temporary supplemental bonus. Extremely high turnover. Marketing plan is not good.

Advice to Management

District Manager's micro-manage everything single thing. So frustrating!

Stressful

Former Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at InstaLoan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best part of working for this company is the people you meet and the fact that they're closed on Sundays.

Cons

Company is incredibly cheap. You will work as hard as the GM but be paid substantially less. Constant home visits to customers who are late= Dangerous. No raises. Their view is you want a raise get yourself promoted.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, stop threatening them and realize the clientele you have.

8. Cool job

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at InstaLoan

Pros

I love me office. I have a great team.

Cons

Needs to pay more money. If customer do not make payment you have to go to there house.

9. Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Savannah, GA

I have been working at InstaLoan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the area, the job is not to difficult, company reimburses you for your millage, and management is easy going.

Cons

A lot of change and hours can be difficult to get use to but if your ok with change it's one of the better jobs I have held.

Advice to Management

Develop a solid business model and work on employee turnover possibly offer more opportunities for advancement besides just progressing to management.

10. Don't do this to yourself

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at InstaLoan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was ok. Had great employees

Cons

The products that we offered were not the products that we promoted. We clearly took advantage of customers. Without customers having clear knowledge of what insurances they had to take and didn't have to take, we were encouraged to add these insurances onto a customers account. Your job was threatened everyday. Completely a number driven business. Policies change everyday. Turnover is through the roof. I stayed only for the pay and for a good resume. I now make more money at a MUCH BETTER JOB. The reason the pay is so good is simple. They know that people will not stay when they learn what this place is about.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be. put people in place (VP, RM, DM) that have actually done this type of work (Finance) and do what real finance companies are doing (Springleaf, World Finance) and maybe this place will have a chance because if you don't, this idea is will soon sink just like the titanic.

11. Get all the facts then decide if this is the place for you

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InstaLoan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The base pay, on the surface, is fairly decent. Every other weekend off plus every Sunday is nice.

Cons

While it seems work/life balance would be good, it is not. That every other weekend off costs you big time during the week. The company doesn't lie about how you are compensated but you need to read your offer very carefully. They force you to work what amounts to 53 hours and get paid for 40. They also weight the 8 "overtime hours" in such a way that if your short it disproportionally hurts your paycheck. Most GM;s believe after training they will be on salary and have no idea what's coming. I don't consider what the company does to customers as a 'con' but if you have a moral issue with lending money at high rates and dancing on the edge when it comes to "selling" ancillary products, this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Make clear, achievable goals based on a stores previous performance and manage to those goals. Do not destroy the morale of your entire team with goals that no store makes on a consistent basis. Essentially, stop giving every store regardless of past performance or time open the same goal. It's counter-productive and only incompetent short sighted senior management comes up with nonsense like that. 2) Show more respect to your team - self explanatory. 3) Re-think the 50+ hour week for GM's...you're not helping sales or morale by overworking leaders in the store...put them on salary and give them the reigns they need to be good operators. 4) Differentiate the brand from the other TMX brands. Currently everything revolves around TitleMax. The look is TitleMax, the culture is TitleMax, the dress code is TitleMax. Do SOMETHING to be different other than a green and yellow logo.

RSS Feed </> Embed