Instart Logic
instartlogic.com Mountain View, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Instart Logic Reviews

Updated Feb 12, 2014

Manav Mital

First time I've been a part of a company that truly values its employees.

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros- catered lunch MWF
- fully stocked kitchen
- flexible working hours
- happy hours on Fridays
- generous shares upon employment
- collaborative environment in which everyone owns their work but is constantly lending a hand to make sure the team is reaching its goals

Because of the company culture, everyone is on a first name basis, including members of the executive team. Everyone sits in the same open office and will share ideas with each other and contribute to the healthy balance of work and fun.

Everyone is inspired to work hard, but not because there are managers that are breathing down your neck all day long. You are given respect as an employee and trusted to do your job and because of that, the work gets done.

ConsHaven't seen any yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Pioneering and disruptive technology, in growth phase, has a great team and culture

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat culture, innovative technology and challenging tech problems to work on, lunch on M-W-F, nice office and generally good people to work with. Lots of freedom to arrive at solutions to challenges.

ConsSome senior management execs are not experienced enough (a problem that will go away with time, sure, but may affect short term operations).

Advice to Senior Management1) Be more generous with employee stock options.
2) Be far more open to spending.

Best company I've ever worked for

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

ProsAwsome management team that's very supportive, great culture, excellent work life balance, free food, and innovative product. Overall, the best company I have ever worked for. Love coming into work everyday! So many opportunities to learn from and work with extremely smart people. Also, a lot of opportunity to grow as the company continues to take off.

ConsNot that many snacks in the kitchen. Other than that, no other cons!

Excited to come to work every day

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros-Amazing technology that is steadily picking up momentum and sure to disrupt the industry
-Super smart employees across all teams
-Complete transparency from management
-Total autonomy, just do your work, no arbitrary metrics that employees are held accountable for
-Everyone very friendly from executives down
-Lunch catered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and snacks are always stocked in the kitchen

Cons-The location isn't ideal, not in a very "happening" part of the bay area

Advice to Senior Management-Keep up the good work!! Don't get political

Young, premature, company with a great vision, but cant back it up with the product.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

ProsStart up culture, well backed financially, great idea to be disruptive in CDN space, lots of potential if can execute and build a stable product, free food M-W-F, belief they have the best thing out there.

ConsTerribly inexperienced leadership team, decisions changed constantly (lack of consistency), minimal opportunity to make big money (small compensation compared to the rest of the market), unrealistic expectations, product buggy, special features are not fully baked, terrible location to get to, minimal collaboration/ideas not well received, no runway to ramp, lack of trust with and from management, minimal branding in the industry. Overall they have a lot of work to do and if you don't have an appetite for constant change or patience while they "figure it out", this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild some trust with your employees by making sure they have ample time to ramp up and make an impact. Don't play with peoples livelihoods with short term expectations or allowing changing moods on the fly to affect decision making. Know the space, landscape, competitive nature of the industry so can strategically attack it and take marketshare. This is not Akamai or Cloudfront, structure the business accordingly that is geared to a start up vs. thinking like you are a big company already. Get the product stable and easy to deploy. Figure out how to make a great place to work to retain/hire key talent rather than displaying signs that are of concern and questionable.

Inexperienced executive team creates a challenging work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Instart Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros- Free Lunches on M-W-F.
- Had a lot of opportunity to work on my crisis management skills.

Cons- The executive team is inexperienced, and it shows.
- Very questionable morals.
- Their pitch is the best part of the product, it makes a great power point, but has challenges in real world applications.
- There is zero cultural bonding.

Advice to Senior Management- Hire Executives that have experience, start with a CEO with industry experience, or any experience running a company.
- Stop using "we are a startup" as an excuse.
- Be accountable.
- Stand behind your word.

Great startup with true potential to become huge

Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros* Energetic technical team
* Difficult and challenging problem space
* Transparent senior management
* Good employee benefits
* Great location in Mountain View

Cons* More fun at work place is always welcome
* Scaling challenges because of lack of structure (common for any growth startups)

Advice to Senior Management* Frequent cross team bonding activities
* Plan for better work life balance as we scale

Disruptive cool technology, great team

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat team with some really smart talent but no egos which is nice. We have some disruptive technology in a space that has not seen much new in some time so its great being the new company with something very different than the competition. Still an early stage startup so its easy to make a big impact with the company and the customers. But they are past much of the really early stage risk. It feels like you can make a difference here. Great benefits for a company this small.

ConsIt's a startup so the work/life balance could be better, everyone works really hard. It's still early so not as much infrastructure as a more established company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating and staying ahead of the rest of the competition.

Exciting fast paced startup with tremendous business opportunity, fabulous team

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for more than a year

ProsInstart Logic is taking on a huge market opportunity with a very disruptive technology! What makes it even more special is the timing of this, riding an omnipresent wave of web application content consumption over wireless networks.

Its all the more exciting to be part of this tremendous team where I get to learn from my peers every single day. There is a very open and flexible work culture which focuses heavily on solving the right problems which deliver the highest business value. There is just enough process to allow getting work done in the most efficient way possible without slowing down. There are team lunches thrice everyday and a boisterous happy hour every Friday. Mountain View office location is great with all the great eating places nearby!

ConsNone really, maybe there should be a bit more out of office gatherings but I am nitpicking now!

Disruptive technology, good team, great opportunity

I have been working at Instart Logic

ProsThe technology is novel - in a space that's ripe for disruption. The engineering team is solid, solid founders, zero ego, no bs. Great benefits for a company of this stage

ConsNothing specific. A little bit more structure as we scale would ensure the work/life balance would be better (a nitpick)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating.

Worked for Instart Logic? Contribute to the Community!

Instart Logic Videos

Instart Logic – Why Work for Us?

​​Instart Logic Web Application Streaming Network​​ ​Instart Logic has invented the first and only web performance solution with client-side intelligence, which streams web applications to users and completely… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Instart Logic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Instart Logic CEO Manav Mital. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Instart Logic employees.