Instart Logic Reviews

Instart Logic Review

Current Employee - SDR  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Team! Supportive executives, ability to share ideas and be heard. The company founders are AWESOME!!!! They care and listen to their employees!

Cons

Limited resources, more team bonding and company outings

Create a fun atmosphere.

Great company, great energy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

Apart from the obvious pros of catered lunch MWF, fully stocked kitchen with all the caffeine you could dream of, Friday Happy Hours, and a few huge 70" screen TVs on which to play Mario Kart, Instart Logic is a great place to work.

The office itself is completely open so everyone is approachable at all times. Have a question for the founders? Go right up to their desks and ask if they have a second to chat. Days here are not dominated by meaningless meetings and busy work. Leadership gives their teams complete ownership over their projects, and you can see the fruits of your labor.

The product is inspiring and the people are incredibly driven. The best part about this job is being surrounded by brilliant minds who inspire you to outperform yourself.

Cons

The departments don't socialize with each other as much as you'd like. Engineering doesn't talk so much with Sales, and Sales with Marketing, etc... Better integration of the teams would be nice to see.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Everyone is really friendly and welcoming
    - Good work-life balance
    - Fun perks like happy hour
    - Small team where you can make an impact
    - Interesting, exciting projects

Cons

- Nothing comes to mind

Management team is really supportive and approachable!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smart & fun team, and Killer technology

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Catered lunches & delicious snacks
    -Humble and incredibly smart people who are willing to teach and learn from you
    -One of the most innovative technologies I have seen, and have the opportunity to work with.
    -Fast-paced startup environment
    -Everyone including execs really appreciate the work you do, and want to grow your career

Cons

Typical startup issues (organization, etc.) since we are growing super fast

Big fish in a small ocean

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

-Having a huge impact on a very cutting edge technology. This company is going places.
    -A very friendly environment. You get your work done, but there is no micromanagement.
    -Catered lunch every M,W & F.
    -Happy hours every Friday.

Cons

-It's a start up, so there is the occasional fire that needs to be put out, and occasionally might have to work longer than an 8-9 hour day.
    -Open office arrangement currently. Some people aren't in to that.

Keep doing what you're doing. You're doing a great job of helping your employees grow who are in turn helping the company grow.

Sales Engineer

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good company culture and product. I like how Instart Logic is fixing performance for web applications in a different way than traditional CDN's. The work environment is very open and ideas are shared between all levels within the organization.

Cons

It's a startup and it comes with all the great things and challenges of a startup.

Keep on the same path and keep making sure you continue to hire the right people.

Instart Logic: a terrific place to work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a classic start-up environment but with the best execution I've ever seen. The developers are heavy on the technical chops but there's no egomania. The exec team is great, the network operations team is amazing. They are fielding a potentially game-changing technology to deliver websites with better performance, and getting great customer traction. Never before been in a start-up that within a year of emerging from stealth not only has paying customers, but has had a five-fold increase in the customer list in that time. The combination of something truly new in the space, the quality of the staff, and the attention we're getting keeps working here exciting and promising. Pay is good, benefits are good.

Cons

Some of the classic downsides - always too much work to do and not enough people to do it - but that could apply to any tech company of any size, not just a startup. The current office has also kind of reached its handling capacity, which makes it a little hard, especially when you need a conference room or need to use the bathroom -- but the management is actively seeking new quarters.

Everyone is very welcoming and friendly.

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a growing company with lots of possibilities to move up. It's a fun environment and everyone is very inviting. You get a free lunch every Mon, Weds and Friday. Happy hour every Friday at 4pm. Always tons of snacks and beverages in the kitchen. No weekends. Work Monday through Friday. Get a chance to work with all types of people.

Cons

None I can think of.

Refreshingly open, honest, and humble, management team

Current Employee - Technical  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Technical in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management:
    I was struck by the management team's blend of friendly and respectful, yet candid, open, and forthright communication and interaction with the employees. This is not my first startup, and so far, the management team has impressed me more than the others. I feel this cannot be overstated: The culture of the company trickles down from the top; these guys are doing a great job. My hat is off to them for adhering to their humble and authentic character. Additionally, I feel they are management the business and financial health of the company very well.

Compensation:
       Salary; in comparing offers from other companies in the past 6 months or so, I put Instart at or near the top of the scale *for a startup* at its stage of growth (50-100 people). Equity; its a startup in Silicon Valley, negotiate as appropriate :-)
       Benefits; very good to great - again, this is not a Google-sized operation, and so it would be irrational to expect benefits on par with an operation of that scope. Nonetheless, snacks and drinks are always in stock, coffee is available in a variety of formats, and lunch is provided three days a week...also Friday afternoon hangouts with food and drink are really nice.

Culture:
        As stated in the Management section, above, Culture starts there. And so far, it has been refreshingly pleasing. The understanding that as a genuine startup, in strong growth mode, we all need to enmesh with the lifestyle to a large degree (after-hours, weekends, backing up co-workers that may be ill or otherwise.
       For employees, taking ownership (literally and figuratively) in a startup, by joining the company, is a bit like getting a puppy… You have to look after it night and day…teach it how and where to do its business, not to jump on the guests, etc…but ultimately, if it is not working out, you can put an ad on craigslist or take it back to the pound. If you love it, you will keep it and make it a sudo-member of your family…hopefully :-)
      For the founders, the situation is much more like having or adopting a child..with all the increases in stress this brings… So far, these guys are doing it right.

Work:
       There are lots of things to do, work hard, make it successful; I have the distinct feeling my fate is in my own hands…as is the company’s: We seem to be forging our own path… I love it.

Work Life Balance: See above. Depending upon one's role, the balance is tipped more or less (but always) toward work...It is a success-oriented startup after all.
       The managing team has done a great job providing the resources and talent necessary...and places their trust in the team to bring it all together. This means one may or may not find the need to step up and put forth additional effort. With risk (and effort) comes reward.

Cons

Most of the cons are wrapped up in the nature of a successful startup: work hard, ownership of one or more hats.... So I guess my summery is: I do not recommend working here if you are looking for a boring job that you can put on a shelf at 5pm each week day. It is a startup, so there is always a risk of its failure.

Stay Authentic to yourself, and honest to your employees. Your attitude and demeanor have been impressive. You have made me *want* to be a part of your endeavor. Also, look inward for process development; don't reinvent the wheel where the wheel can work great promotion into new roles. You have some great folks with a lot of experience and perspective; leverage them to build a strong company cultural framework.

Incredibly talented and driven team.

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Surrounded by "A" players with lots of growth opportunities (personal and professional).

Cons

Outgrowing facilities and would be nice to be closer to public transportation options like CalTrain.

Worked for Instart Logic? Contribute to the Community!