Instart Logic

Instart Logic Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital

Manav Mital

Big fish in a small ocean

Pros-Having a huge impact on a very cutting edge technology. This company is going places.
    -A very friendly environment. You get your work done, but there is no micromanagement.
    -Catered lunch every M,W & F.
    -Happy hours every Friday.

Cons-It's a start up, so there is the occasional fire that needs to be put out, and occasionally might have to work longer than an 8-9 hour day.
    -Open office arrangement currently. Some people aren't in to that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. You're doing a great job of helping your employees grow who are in turn helping the company grow.

Sales Engineer

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsVery good company culture and product. I like how Instart Logic is fixing performance for web applications in a different way than traditional CDN's. The work environment is very open and ideas are shared between all levels within the organization.

ConsIt's a startup and it comes with all the great things and challenges of a startup.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the same path and keep making sure you continue to hire the right people.

Instart Logic: a terrific place to work

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsIt's a classic start-up environment but with the best execution I've ever seen. The developers are heavy on the technical chops but there's no egomania. The exec team is great, the network operations team is amazing. They are fielding a potentially game-changing technology to deliver websites with better performance, and getting great customer traction. Never before been in a start-up that within a year of emerging from stealth not only has paying customers, but has had a five-fold increase in the customer list in that time. The combination of something truly new in the space, the quality of the staff, and the attention we're getting keeps working here exciting and promising. Pay is good, benefits are good.

ConsSome of the classic downsides - always too much work to do and not enough people to do it - but that could apply to any tech company of any size, not just a startup. The current office has also kind of reached its handling capacity, which makes it a little hard, especially when you need a conference room or need to use the bathroom -- but the management is actively seeking new quarters.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Everyone is very welcoming and friendly.

ProsIt's a growing company with lots of possibilities to move up. It's a fun environment and everyone is very inviting. You get a free lunch every Mon, Weds and Friday. Happy hour every Friday at 4pm. Always tons of snacks and beverages in the kitchen. No weekends. Work Monday through Friday. Get a chance to work with all types of people.

ConsNone I can think of.

Refreshingly open, honest, and humble, management team

Technical (Current Employee)

ProsManagement:
    I was struck by the management team's blend of friendly and respectful, yet candid, open, and forthright communication and interaction with the employees. This is not my first startup, and so far, the management team has impressed me more than the others. I feel this cannot be overstated: The culture of the company trickles down from the top; these guys are doing a great job. My hat is off to them for adhering to their humble and authentic character. Additionally, I feel they are management the business and financial health of the company very well.

Compensation:
       Salary; in comparing offers from other companies in the past 6 months or so, I put Instart at or near the top of the scale *for a startup* at its stage of growth (50-100 people). Equity; its a startup in Silicon Valley, negotiate as appropriate :-)
       Benefits; very good to great - again, this is not a Google-sized operation, and so it would be irrational to expect benefits on par with an operation of that scope. Nonetheless, snacks and drinks are always in stock, coffee is available in a variety of formats, and lunch is provided three days a week...also Friday afternoon hangouts with food and drink are really nice.

Culture:
        As stated in the Management section, above, Culture starts there. And so far, it has been refreshingly pleasing. The understanding that as a genuine startup, in strong growth mode, we all need to enmesh with the lifestyle to a large degree (after-hours, weekends, backing up co-workers that may be ill or otherwise.
       For employees, taking ownership (literally and figuratively) in a startup, by joining the company, is a bit like getting a puppy… You have to look after it night and day…teach it how and where to do its business, not to jump on the guests, etc…but ultimately, if it is not working out, you can put an ad on craigslist or take it back to the pound. If you love it, you will keep it and make it a sudo-member of your family…hopefully :-)
      For the founders, the situation is much more like having or adopting a child..with all the increases in stress this brings… So far, these guys are doing it right.

Work:
       There are lots of things to do, work hard, make it successful; I have the distinct feeling my fate is in my own hands…as is the company’s: We seem to be forging our own path… I love it.

Work Life Balance: See above. Depending upon one's role, the balance is tipped more or less (but always) toward work...It is a success-oriented startup after all.
       The managing team has done a great job providing the resources and talent necessary...and places their trust in the team to bring it all together. This means one may or may not find the need to step up and put forth additional effort. With risk (and effort) comes reward.

ConsMost of the cons are wrapped up in the nature of a successful startup: work hard, ownership of one or more hats.... So I guess my summery is: I do not recommend working here if you are looking for a boring job that you can put on a shelf at 5pm each week day. It is a startup, so there is always a risk of its failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay Authentic to yourself, and honest to your employees. Your attitude and demeanor have been impressive. You have made me *want* to be a part of your endeavor. Also, look inward for process development; don't reinvent the wheel where the wheel can work great promotion into new roles. You have some great folks with a lot of experience and perspective; leverage them to build a strong company cultural framework.

Incredibly talented and driven team.

ProsSurrounded by "A" players with lots of growth opportunities (personal and professional).

ConsOutgrowing facilities and would be nice to be closer to public transportation options like CalTrain.

Great company in the right space at the right time!

Mountain View, CA

Pros- Very smart people working on interesting and challenging problems
    - Huge opportunity to disrupt the traditional approach to content delivery
    - Great company culture and team interaction
    - Great and creative company perks

Cons- Typical startup growing pains
    - Doesn't have all the perks of some of the larger companies but not bad for a company of this size

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

First time I've been a part of a company that truly values its employees.

Mountain View, CA

Pros- catered lunch MWF
    - fully stocked kitchen
    - flexible working hours
    - happy hours on Fridays
    - generous shares upon employment
    - collaborative environment in which everyone owns their work but is constantly lending a hand to make sure the team is reaching its goals

Because of the company culture, everyone is on a first name basis, including members of the executive team. Everyone sits in the same open office and will share ideas with each other and contribute to the healthy balance of work and fun.

Everyone is inspired to work hard, but not because there are managers that are breathing down your neck all day long. You are given respect as an employee and trusted to do your job and because of that, the work gets done.

ConsHaven't seen any yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Best company I've ever worked for

Mountain View, CA

ProsAwsome management team that's very supportive, great culture, excellent work life balance, free food, and innovative product. Overall, the best company I have ever worked for. Love coming into work everyday! So many opportunities to learn from and work with extremely smart people. Also, a lot of opportunity to grow as the company continues to take off.

ConsNot that many snacks in the kitchen. Other than that, no other cons!

Excited to come to work every day

Sales (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

Pros-Amazing technology that is steadily picking up momentum and sure to disrupt the industry
    -Super smart employees across all teams
    -Complete transparency from management
    -Total autonomy, just do your work, no arbitrary metrics that employees are held accountable for
    -Everyone very friendly from executives down
    -Lunch catered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and snacks are always stocked in the kitchen

Cons-The location isn't ideal, not in a very "happening" part of the bay area

Advice to Senior Management-Keep up the good work!! Don't get political

Worked for Instart Logic? Contribute to the Community!

Instart Logic Videos

Instart Logic – Why Work for Us?

​​Instart Logic Web Application Streaming Network​​ ​Instart Logic has invented the first and only web performance solution with client-side intelligence, which streams web applications to users and completely replaces… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Instart Logic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Instart Logic CEO Manav Mital. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Instart Logic employees.