Instart Logic

Updated December 11, 2014
4.7

Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital
Manav Mital

Pros
  • I came to Instart Logic very impressed with the product/solution (in 9 reviews)

• Fast growth, superior technology differentiation, great team of super smart inidividuals (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Typical pains of a start up company lacking some formalized processes for bigger ticket items (in 4 reviews)

• there are many growing pains typical of a start up (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Stuck in infancy

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

There is an overall culture of trust, which successfully removes the work-related stress.
    Flexible work schedule, occasional deadline slips and even mistakes are tolerated without blame.

Cons

There is little respect for engineers, their potential and their ideas.
    With the excuse of being a startup, the pressure of market competition is put directly on developers, who have no choice but cutting corners and delivering poor software on a collapsing infrastructure.

Stop trying to save money, and hire enough people to build reliable software.
    When your engineers are constantly debugging, you're wasting a lot of money anyway.

Awesome place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a startup, so you will be recognized.
    Will have knowledge of the entire development/ testing process
    Good to work with great talents, you can learn more and grow in career

Cons

Less facilities, since its a startup

Great place to work and learn.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great engineering talent, good technology, we are making a difference in the CDN space. The future looks great!
    The team is focussed, friendly and approachable. Founders and managers are very accessible: no hierarchy. Anyone can talk to anyone. Lunches thrice a week are good - saves us the hassle of going out.

Cons

There is a big difference in the way HQ employees are treated and the India team is treated. Look at all the photos in the company's website or glass door - where is the India team? Where are the photos of the India office? The celebrations for PCI, beer Fridays etc at HQ look awesome - where is the same for India? HR needs to shape up and give us the same facilities in India.
    HR policies need some work: 8 months since PF was allegedly started and we do not have our PF account numbers. We have asked for this account number every week and we are given some reason and delayed.

Fix India HR and Finance policies, please

Finally something different

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Instart Logic is the first company I have worked for in the CDN space offering a new perspective on Application delivery. This makes for exciting conversations with customers and overall great job satisfaction that we are offering something of real value. Very cool Sr mgmt team, with a fresh perspective. Exciting fast growing, and backed by the biggest names in Silicon Valley.

Cons

Classic growth pains, and startup issues. If you are looking for a super structured environment, at this stage it may not be the best place. You may have to do tasks out of the scope of the original job, because there is so much to do.

Continue to hire SR experienced leadership. Continue to push the product past all other competitors, invest as much as possible in Engineering.

Smart CDN - Best company I have worked with..

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Technology : Cutting edge and revolutionary, Smart CDN.
    Engineers : Extraordinary & best in the industry
    Sales : Incredible
    CEO & Management : Caring & Transparent & Visionary
    Culture : Amazing, where everyone(Engineering, Sales, Operations, Management and others) are contributing to the success of the company

Overall best company to work with....

Cons

Usual pains that one experiences in a start-up. I don't consider them as true cons at this time.

David and Goliath: Small, fast-moving startup changing a whole industry.

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

Amazing technology that is slowly but surely unseating entrenched competition. Generally a great "can-do" attitude across the board. Amazing business sponsorship from venture capitalists. Motivated, excited coworkers. Great leadership, unusual transparency in the business. Well-funded.

Cons

Minimal marketing/sales/support collateral as we grow. Very few procedures in place- lots of "loose" interaction in daily problem solving. Minimal structure in day-to-day work life (very "event-driven" scheduling). Work-life balance is hard to achieve here, but perhaps that is unfair since most startups are the same way.

We service global enterprises now. We must increase emphasis on service and support.

Worst company culture in Silicon VAlley

I worked at Instart Logic

Pros

Great product and some of the team members are very talented

Cons

The company culture is awful. They tried to create a Facebook-like environment but instead has created a dull, unproductive and disruptive environment. The CEO is a snob who doesn't say hi to anyone with a title below Director or VP.

Stop micro-managing, let employees create their own culture, stop implementing a Fortune500 policies in a 100 person startup. You're not there yet.

Instart Logic Response

Nov 4, 2014Head of Global Talent

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at Instart Logic. You brought up some points in your review that we would like to address.

At Instart, we encourage our employees to
    ... More

Awesome technology that delivers, stellar team and great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm fortunate to work at a company with all the right elements, firing on all cylinders. The technology is innovative, the team strong and the leadership impressive. I particularly appreciate and respect the 'yes' attitude each person in every job possesses. Everyone is motivated to do the right thing and bring his or her considerable strengths to the effort to build an awesome product that's disrupting the market.

Cons

What I feel are positives (openness, low friction, less formality) might not work for others -- startup environments aren't for everyone. Rapid growth and agility mean there's not as much process or automation, but maturation efforts are already in motion and will continue to develop over time.

Keep up the commendable work -- your strategic vision is sound and the culture you've created is awesome.

great engineers

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Full of great engineers - hear them at lunch table
    Very open culture - you know why you are working on a project

Cons

a manual coffee machine... :)

Hard work but you will win from it

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Light weight. Very few meetings, most tasks are communicated in face between team workers.
    Workmates are really smart, you can learn from each other.
    Work time is flexible, you can work from home any time.
    Tech oriented company, good place for engineer.
    Business is going up. It means the shared stock is valuing up on the way.

Cons

Work is a bit hard. Start up company lacks manpower, one man has lots of roles.