Instart Logic

Instart Logic Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital

Manav Mital

Incredibly talented and driven team.

ProsSurrounded by "A" players with lots of growth opportunities (personal and professional).

ConsOutgrowing facilities and would be nice to be closer to public transportation options like CalTrain.

Fun, very high tech, very energetic

ProsIncredible technology, and a lot of learning opportunity. Very knowledgeable and helpful people.

ConsTypical start up issues if you compare to established companies. However, still less risky at this point compared to other start ups.

Great place to work

ProsFast growth, superior technology differentiation, great team of super smart inidividuals

ConsFast growth: not everything is well organized or coherent, miserly with stock options

Advice to Senior ManagementClarity and direction will be super helpful, your teams will be more motivated if they are better invested in the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company in the right space at the right time!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros- Very smart people working on interesting and challenging problems
    - Huge opportunity to disrupt the traditional approach to content delivery
    - Great company culture and team interaction
    - Great and creative company perks

Cons- Typical startup growing pains
    - Doesn't have all the perks of some of the larger companies but not bad for a company of this size

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

First time I've been a part of a company that truly values its employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros- catered lunch MWF
    - fully stocked kitchen
    - flexible working hours
    - happy hours on Fridays
    - generous shares upon employment
    - collaborative environment in which everyone owns their work but is constantly lending a hand to make sure the team is reaching its goals

Because of the company culture, everyone is on a first name basis, including members of the executive team. Everyone sits in the same open office and will share ideas with each other and contribute to the healthy balance of work and fun.

Everyone is inspired to work hard, but not because there are managers that are breathing down your neck all day long. You are given respect as an employee and trusted to do your job and because of that, the work gets done.

ConsHaven't seen any yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Pioneering and disruptive technology, in growth phase, has a great team and culture

ProsGreat culture, innovative technology and challenging tech problems to work on, lunch on M-W-F, nice office and generally good people to work with. Lots of freedom to arrive at solutions to challenges.

ConsSome senior management execs are not experienced enough (a problem that will go away with time, sure, but may affect short term operations).

Advice to Senior Management1) Be more generous with employee stock options.
    2) Be far more open to spending.

Best company I've ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsAwsome management team that's very supportive, great culture, excellent work life balance, free food, and innovative product. Overall, the best company I have ever worked for. Love coming into work everyday! So many opportunities to learn from and work with extremely smart people. Also, a lot of opportunity to grow as the company continues to take off.

ConsNot that many snacks in the kitchen. Other than that, no other cons!

Young, premature, company with a great vision, but cant back it up with the product.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsStart up culture, well backed financially, great idea to be disruptive in CDN space, lots of potential if can execute and build a stable product, free food M-W-F, belief they have the best thing out there.

ConsTerribly inexperienced leadership team, decisions changed constantly (lack of consistency), minimal opportunity to make big money (small compensation compared to the rest of the market), unrealistic expectations, product buggy, special features are not fully baked, terrible location to get to, minimal collaboration/ideas not well received, no runway to ramp, lack of trust with and from management, minimal branding in the industry. Overall they have a lot of work to do and if you don't have an appetite for constant change or patience while they "figure it out", this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild some trust with your employees by making sure they have ample time to ramp up and make an impact. Don't play with peoples livelihoods with short term expectations or allowing changing moods on the fly to affect decision making. Know the space, landscape, competitive nature of the industry so can strategically attack it and take marketshare. This is not Akamai or Cloudfront, structure the business accordingly that is geared to a start up vs. thinking like you are a big company already. Get the product stable and easy to deploy. Figure out how to make a great place to work to retain/hire key talent rather than displaying signs that are of concern and questionable.

Excited to come to work every day

Sales (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros-Amazing technology that is steadily picking up momentum and sure to disrupt the industry
    -Super smart employees across all teams
    -Complete transparency from management
    -Total autonomy, just do your work, no arbitrary metrics that employees are held accountable for
    -Everyone very friendly from executives down
    -Lunch catered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and snacks are always stocked in the kitchen

Cons-The location isn't ideal, not in a very "happening" part of the bay area

Advice to Senior Management-Keep up the good work!! Don't get political

Inexperienced executive team creates a challenging work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Free Lunches on M-W-F.
    - Had a lot of opportunity to work on my crisis management skills.

Cons- The executive team is inexperienced, and it shows.
    - Very questionable morals.
    - Their pitch is the best part of the product, it makes a great power point, but has challenges in real world applications.
    - There is zero cultural bonding.

Advice to Senior Management- Hire Executives that have experience, start with a CEO with industry experience, or any experience running a company.
    - Stop using "we are a startup" as an excuse.
    - Be accountable.
    - Stand behind your word.

Worked for Instart Logic? Contribute to the Community!