Institute of Professional Practice

Updated Apr 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roger Strauss

Keep using'em, and then get a new one.

Resident Instructor (Former Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsThe clients are gems; they taught me so much.

ConsUnfortunately, the direct care employees just don't matter.

Mostly positive, but the job was not what I expected.

Applied Behavior Analysis Therapist (Former Employee) Meriden, CT

ProsExtensive training in restraint and applied behavior analysis techniques, working one on one with an autistic child and being able to develop a rapport with that child.

ConsNo bathroom breaks unless the child is left with another therapist, having to keep records of progress manually instead of entering it into a computer.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe graphs should be entered using a computer system instead of having to do it manually. One mistake can set off the entire book and if it's not noticed right away then any reports developed for that child could be completely wrong.

Entry Level

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExtensive training, constructive criticism. opportunity for growth if you have a MA

Constraveling, physically taxing at times, depending on the school, it might be a little complicated

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Depends of what house you are placed in

Residential Counselor (Former Employee)

Pros- Decent Health insurance
    - Independence in daily activities

Cons- Some managers and employees can get away with anything depending on who they know
    - Don't follow their own policies
    - Turn a blind eye in some cases to bad situations
    - Mediocre pay

Advice to Senior ManagementActually listen to your employees. Don't take everything the manager says at face value. Some of the managers are not good people and shouldn't be in this field. Don't fire people for no reason and leave the houses completely short staffed. Don't let employee's that have been here for 10+ years get away with everything including terrorizing the newbies. If you hear allegations of abuse/neglect--investigate it like you are suppose to.

It's an ok company to start with, but I would not stay here for an extended period of time.

A great place to work

ABA Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsA rewarding company and a rewarding job. I am always well respected by my superiors, and I frequently receive feedback on my performance. Since it's a helping profession, all of the employees are friendly and a pleasure to work with.

ConsThe company is pretty disorganized, and will send you to another school last minute if your primary child is absent. Also, they always seem to be understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none.

Worked for Institute of Professional Practice? Contribute to the Community!