Instructure Reviews

Reset
4.8
Instructure CEO Josh Coates
Josh Coates

Pros
  • amazing office space, unlimited vacation, health care premiums paid, flexible arrive/leave (in 4 reviews)

• Excellent environment, free food and weekly lunches provided (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing fast and sometimes we are learning as we go (in 4 reviews)

• But seriously, it's a young company, and it's gone through growing pains, especially in terms of getting the right management in the right positions (in 4 reviews)

1. Great People and Opportunities

I have been working at Instructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart and talented people, some of the best and brightest that I've ever worked with. - Growing fast. Customers, product and employees. This creates a lot of opportunities. - You learn a lot. Management and peers all care about making things better for customers and employees. Almost everyone is willing to teach you about stuff you may not know.

Cons

- Fast paced. Con for some but not for others. - There are a lot of things going on and sometimes things get crazy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep communicating everything you can. Keep listening to concerns and empower those on the ground to fix them.

2. Hands down best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Amazing work/life balance. The best coworkers I've ever had. Great support from senior leaders. Encourage promotion and individual growth.

Cons

We're growing so fast, sometimes it's difficult to get the correct information communicated across the board.

Advice to Management

The company is growing so fast, it's better to over-communicate than assume everyone knows.

3. Great Company OVerall

I have been working at Instructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good food, smart people, good work life balance

Cons

Not a lot to hate

Advice to Management

Stay down to earth.

5. Software Development Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

A lot of talented engineers here. A lot of room for growth and learning. Company provides good hardware and food.

Cons

Some stress due to fast pace/deadlines. Some difficult requirements on some projects. Some noise and distraction due to open floor plan.

6. Best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Instructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great work environment -Open management, great co-workers! -Amazing benefits, excellent culture and ever growing! -Exciting to be a part of a growing company, tremendous opportunity.

Cons

-Honestly, I love this company.

7. Great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Instructure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great, great benefits and culture! The work is very challenging and they have sent themselves up to support all of the teams. The customers are very happy with the product.

Cons

No real cons yet. In some ways it is a startup still, still trying to figure some things out, but for being that startup, they really have things together.

Advice to Management

keep focusing on the needs of the customers and your employees so they can deliver to your customers.

8. A seriously rad company

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Regional Director (Ie Sales Representative ) in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I have never written a review for any of my employers in the past, but I feel like I owe it to Instructure to do so. Instructure is by far the best place I have ever worked. Awesome, awesome culture, fun and interesting and talented people, high quality products, great pay and benefits, tons of upward mobility, and great management. I'm going to have a hard time working in any job after this. Awesome job, awesome people, awesome company.

Cons

I try to be a very objective person, and I'm struggling to think of one con. I worry about the culture changing after an IPO, like with any company, but that's all I got.

Advice to Management

Continue doing things that make employees and customers happy and not doing things that make employees and customers unhappy.

9. Growing company, great atmosphere

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great people, great fun, fast-paced growth with everyone working together. It's amazing how well they've kept a small-company feel after growing a bajillion percent in the last 4 1/2 years.

Cons

It's growing fast. There can be growing pains as they figure out how to deal with sooooo many new people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. Rainbows and Sunshine

Current Employee - Researcher in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Researcher in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Instructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people everywhere you look. Great benefits--they make sure to take care of the people that work there. The view of the mountains ain't bad either

Cons

Open office full of enthusiastic people. If you are an easily distracted introvert that generally hates people that are happy... this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

11. MDR

Current Employee - MDR in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - MDR in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Instructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company really goes above and beyond for their employees. Not only are the benefits killer, the managers are really awesome. You get 100% medical paid for, and I was also able to add on my domestic partner and his children. It really helped us out and we save $400 a month on premiums! Most departments get to choose their own schedule as long as you work your 40 hours a week. They have really great pay, and the atmosphere is a lot of fun. I can honestly say that for once, I am completely happy with my job and the company I work for!

Cons

You have to be with the company for 4 years before you get any stock. There is no referral program.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you're making us happy!

Instructure Response

Jul 9, 2015 – Recruiter

Hey! Thanks so much for your positive comments. Just to clarify we do offer stock options to every new employee at Instructure that begin vesting effective upon hire. These options vest over four ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed