Instrumentation Laboratory Company

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Josep Manent

Instrumentation Laboratory is a wonderful place to work

Pros- People are great to work with
    - Good salaries and good benefits
    - Solid company with very good and competitive products
    - Many opportunities to grow and move across the company

Management and upper management is usually easy to talk with.

ConsHard to find cons.
    Due to the nature of the business and the heavy FDA regulations at times the engineering work is slowed down by paperwork and lengthy procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the good job !

Awesome!

Intern (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsGreat people work there! Great food! High Security, parking, healthy work environment, heating and air conditioning, and lots of other perks

ConsBuilding layout, location, nothing else I can think of right now. It is a great place to work.

Worse place to work for

Senior Principal Scientist (Current Employee) Orangeburg, NY

ProsNone - benefits are pretty much the same as of the industry. Negotiable vacation up to 3 weeks, 10 sick days, 3 floaters, 401K match, thats about it.

ConsWhere to begin - management/leadership is a problem (micromanage, manage people not processes). Offices/Cubicles are a joke (4 ft x 4 ft with plenty of spiders, specially at Orangeburg facility). Managers are always looking for people to blame. No Bonus incentive.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide nice ergonomically organized workspace for managers at least. I know most hourly members are pretty much cooking in the hot summer in the labs. Please spend sometime with them and you will know. Also, please train middle management on how to manage process and not people. I think the CEO needs to invest in organizational training here in the company if they want to retain and attract talent

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great management team, know where to take the company

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Bedford, MA

Pros- management listens to your opinion/ideas
    - management are really caring and build from within in progressing each of their employees
    - great place to work, the company real great products
    - great learning experience
    - great pay

Conswork load is tough, but that is what it takes to be in biotech

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing

Great company and treats its employees very well

ProsGreat room for advancement, flexible hours and has a great product that will be on the market forever

ConsNo standardized training system for new employees

QC Analyst

QC Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEasy to moderate level Questions.
    Mostly related to Job requirements to check your Technical experience & skills

ConsProcess was too slow.
    Take too much time to fill the position.

Great long-term company

ProsExcellent benefits, relaxed environment, and reduced lunches.

ConsNo room for advancement as upper management is only hired from the primary company that owns IL.

Was a great opportunity for me, and I left with a good impression of the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly culture, I felt comfortable asking people for help, people smile and nod in the hallways.

ConsThere was no overwhelming faults apparent to me from my time with IL.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep fostering a friendly environment by making employees feel valued. The programs in place such as subsidized lunches and scholarships should continue.

Regional Business Coordinator

Regional Business Coordinator (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsIt is hard to really find the pro's I am thinking if I could find another position in the company away from customer service then it would be a better opportunity and review. I can tell you for sure that
    -Benefits
    -Decent salary
    Are very good.

Cons-No one notices all the work you do while some of the other co-workers seemingly do nothing.
    -way too much work with people around you being fired left and right leaving you with all their work load.
    -very understaffed and they are on a hiring freeze.
    -poor management
    -no training
    -no option for advancement unless management decides you are the one to be promoted. There is no fair shot at a position they just elect you no matter how hard you work.

Advice to Senior Managementhelp your employees- do not write angry emails to employees telling them minor mistakes made and asking if they need to be re-trained.

Accounts Receivable the Allowable hostile work environment!

Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsIf you're batcrap crazy you can keep your job.

ConsImplementation of policies and procedures put some in line for the ability to perform better while others second guess themselves and are unable to keep up working from antiquated printed aging lists. All while your boss name calls "cuckoo bird" about coworkers who's personal attitudes were constantly combative. Arguments over highlighter colors used and screaming in a coworkers face for no reason to once again over pen color. Don't take too much ownership of your job, you'll pay the price leaving feeling betrayed and back stabbed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNumbers don't lie, do yourselves a favor and get rid of the childish behavior in finance.

Worked for Instrumentation Laboratory Company? Contribute to the Community!