Insurance Auto Auctions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thomas C. O'Brien

Darn Good Company With Senior Leadership You Can Believe In

ProsAwesome teammates and great corporate culture. People will follow JK because he is the real deal! Company cares about it's people and is charitable in the community (Pediatric Cancer fundraising). Also has pretty good technology to work with!

ConsThere are really about 4 or so different business units within the company, and you can see the effect of some 'siloes'. I also think we are handcuffed a bit by being part of a bigger organization. Also, the building layout does not promote cross team workflow!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep leading by example.
    Can we somehow become an independent entity?
    Consider moving out this building....

Ok for a part time job, not a career

Dispatch (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsVery easy going work atmosphere, stable scedule.

ConsSense of urgency not present at times, you have to speak spanish to fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little more diversity in the job place, and set standards for office manners.

Great Company!

ProsYou get to deal with a variety of different people from transporters to insurance companies and you are exposed to different languages. You have the opportunity to travel to other branches at time to help them out. It's always great to be a team player and help others, even if they aren't at your branch.

ConsConversations can be a little difficult at times when speaking with customers if you aren't familiar with their language and things move at a fast past quite a bit so you def. have to be able to multitask

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ideal place to work at

Software Development Engineer In Test (Current Employee) Westchester, IL

ProsIAA is a Wonderful place to work at. People are very nice and talented. Management listens to problems, understands issues and usually partners up on solutions. . Several opportunities to get a hands on latest technology. Not cheap when acquiring latest market trends and technologies. Bosses appreciate employees’ contribution and often acknowledge their efforts. Balanced work life and an ideal mid-sized Microsoft shop to work at.

ConsNot too big fan of Work from home policy. Two weeks of vacation is not enough neither sick days are enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking from home sometime can be more efficient than coming to the office

Great company but handcuffed

ProsBoth former and new CEO are outstanding and led by example. Senior leadership for the most part is top notch. Company acts and feels like a family run business, which is a positive.

ConsUltimately the KAR ownership creates a major handcuff for IAA...that will never be overcome. The lack of ability for the cultures to peacefully coexist means at some point KARs "red tape, top down" culture will win. Job opportunities exist but advancement is extremely limited past manager level.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think with the limitations you have, you're doing the best possible job you can with the most solid group of people I've had the pleasure of working with. Pending your ability to split from KAR...you will likely have a hard time keeping good people long term.

Very rewarding if your willing to put in the work.

ProsAdvancement opportunities for employees that are willing to put in the work. The training is available and managers are willing to help you advance as long as they see that you are eager to learn and grow with the company.

ConsCan be high paced and high stressed at times. Not all employees are on board with the changes in the company and fail to see how the company will continue to succeed if change is accepted.

Nice work and life balance

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Westchester, IL

ProsThere is a chance in learning to use new and latest technology. Some great people to work with.

ConsThere is limited room for vertical growth. However, lateral growth is available.

Lots of work for low wages

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL

ProsExperience gained in the Auto Industry

ConsLow Wages, Management, not so many opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove wages for customer service reps. they are the ones taking care of all the clients!

Work with a diverse and highly skilled group of individuals while being encouraged to expand your skillset and succeed.

IT Staff Member (Current Employee) Westchester, IL

ProsRelatively competitive salary & benefits
    Lots of training opportunities
    Stability in an unstable market
    Genuine care towards employee satisfaction on all levels
    Talent level continues to trend upward
    Room for advancement

ConsThe coffee is the best

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage training on the newest tools and technology. Provide better clarity, more frequently, on the overall direction of each team's annual goals and market this internally for everyone to see,

Good place to start a career

IT Administrative (Former Employee)

Prosgood salary, excellent benefits, nice working atmosphere, management fosters promotions from within and offers continuous recognition

ConsI only had an issue with my immediate supervisor, otherwise this is an excellent place to work and start a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stress open communication between workgroups.

Worked for Insurance Auto Auctions? Contribute to the Community!