Intacct Corporation Reviews

Reset
4.1
Intacct Corporation CEO Robert Reid
Robert Reid

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is encouraged (in 14 reviews)

• The company is growing rapidly and is investing in developing people and offering up new opportunities (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing very fast so be ready to jump on and hang on (in 7 reviews)

• We are growing so fast, we are running out of building space (in 7 reviews)

1. Top Places to Work

Current Employee - Junior Accountant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Accountant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Intacct Corporation part-time

Pros

Intacct Corporation is an awesome company to work for! All of the employees are extremely kind and jubilant about their roles in the company. Management is super understanding and supportive, coworkers are friendly and helpful, and everyone here loves what they do and that is what makes Intacct an all around great place to work at. The company has also been awarded with the Top Work Places Award for 5 years in a row by Bay Area NewsGroup. Intacct also has some very neat benefits and perks, along with a playful and positive company culture/environment. Overall really proud and happy to work at Intacct and looking forward to contributing towards the continued success.

Cons

The commute can be a little taxing since its located in downtown San Jose, but still manageable.

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Accountant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Intacct Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intacct puts a lot of emphasis on a work life balance.
    Intacct hires great people and the people make all the difference.
    Management is great to work with.

Cons

This has been such a great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. great company

I have been working at Intacct Corporation full-time

Pros

Awesome company. Lots of challenges that are perfect for a growing company to have

Cons

I've not identified any negatives that I've experienced

5. A great place to work and a phenomenal team to be part of!

Current Employee - Program Manager, Customer Success in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager, Customer Success in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Intacct Corporation

Pros

I have been working with Intacct since late 2012 focused entirely on customer success – initially for a leading Intacct partner and now as part of the Intacct organization. In my role I have the opportunity to create and implement customer-facing programs and initiatives as part of our comprehensive Customer for Life Program. Many companies pay lip service to the concept of customer success and the importance of customer satisfaction yet these are obviously primary drivers of the Intacct organization. Intacct is 100% invested in meeting the needs of financial professionals and 100% focused on customer success and it is due to this focus on our customers that I couldn’t be happier and more proud to be part of the Intacct team. While I was impressed with Intacct from a VAR (value added reseller) perspective, Intacct has exceeded my expectations from an inside/employee perspective due to the company culture, the focus on doing the right things, the tools/resources/systems put in place for employees, the effective and cohesive leadership/executive team, and the incredible sense of teamwork.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making Intacct an organization that I am proud to be part of.

6. Great Company

I have been working at Intacct Corporation

Pros

Great Company, great intelligent coworkers

Cons

Hard challenging work, no slow time. On-call support although very limited can ruin time away from office.

Advice to Management

Pay better for on call time.

Could be so much better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Intacct Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Most staff are pleasant to work with
    - Marketing is good at making the company look good externally
    - Nobody works on Friday's
    - Free food
    - Performance bonuses are decent alternative to lacking 401k match

Cons

- Weak PTO accrual, based on tenure
    - Rampant with non-degreed/unskilled managers and staff
    - Exec focus is on growing revenue to meet investor demand, nothing else matters
    - Engineering has no code design patterns, and does not write/have any unit tests
    - QA does 95% of its testing manually
    - Product management loves feature creep
    - You have to continually fight to keep people on your projects, otherwise they get poached

Advice to Management

Many veteran staff have toxic attitudes that should be eliminated from the work place immediately. These people seem like they are on cruise control waiting for an IPO. We could be doing so much better if these attitudes were not hindering the entire organization and everyone around them.

The company as a whole is very disorganized and lacks communication at every level, internally and externally. Make a plan, stick to it, staff it appropriately for success, and hold people accountable. If you change the plan, communicate it appropriately.

There is also some rule that if you've been with the company for a few years, it's OK to completely ignore your email. Saying you get too many emails and people should IM instead. I have gotten this response from multiple managers across the company and it's unacceptable.

Please sound proof the conference rooms. I do not want to hear salary offers while I'm at my desk, it's depressing.

8. Go Intacct!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant, Customer Sucess and Services in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Intacct Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intacct has been voted as a best-in-class cloud ERP software. Not only does Intacct invest in long-standing partnerships with their customers, but they invest in the well-being and satisfaction of their employees as well - a difficult balance to maintain for many large corporations. Intacct encourages their employees to grow and evolve in their employment positions as well as in life.

Cons

Intacct is growing at an extremely fast rate! As with any company's growth, this is accompanied by some hectic times. Luckily, the support and organization at Intacct is keeping the transition fairly smooth.

Intacct

I have been working at Intacct Corporation

Pros

Good people, great space, good product.

Cons

Too clique-oriented. If you're not in it, forget it.

Disappointed

I have been working at Intacct Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moved in to new office at the beginning of the year. The subsidized lunches are nice when you don't have time to get away from the office.

Cons

Are you in Sales or Engineering? If not, then why am I taking time to talk to you? Also, for a 15 year old company, the benefits are weak.

Advice to Management

Transparency: we'd ask for "more", but that would imply that we have any to begin with. What's going on? Where are we going? How are we getting there?

Felt such a wave of relief when I finally left

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Jose, CA

I worked at Intacct Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Sweet little light weight finance product. It works. New offices. No one really works at all during the day. You get to leave early 3:00 pm and the place is empty. HR is young and likes to put on parties. Professional input isn't needed. A good place to ooast to IPO

Cons

They use and abuse new employees. If you want a short stint sign up for Intacct. You can be a top performer but if they don't like you too bad. Very cliquish. New people are not welcome. There some bad apples in management and they are unfortunately ruining the whole darn bunch.

Advice to Management

It may be too late. It's hard to pull up from a 70 degree dive. Too bad but you'll make a good product acquisition for SAP or Oracle to sell to the mom and pops.

RSS Feed </> Embed