Intact Financial

www.intactfc.com

Intact Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Intact Financial – Canada – “Office”

Charles Brindamour

Great learning experience, fantastic work environment.

IT Technician (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFlexible hours, great environment, lots of room for growth and learning.

ConsFelt good about all aspects of the job, I was utilized correctly, don't have any cons to list.

Advice to Senior ManagementPossible extension of work for younger employees on contract.

Employee friendly

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosworkplace Respect,growth prospect and job security

Conssalary below industry/market standard

Advice to Senior Managementindustry and market standard salary

Experience not appreciated

IT Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsLots of opportunities for younger workers
    Compensation is about average. Profit sharing bonus is available for all employees.

ConsFewer opportunities for experienced workers.
    Staff who joined Intact as part of a company acquisition are treated differently than those who have been under the Intact umbrella for longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the value that experienced employees can provide.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strategic company, competitive environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSenior management has good vision
    Top notch actuarial techniques
    Actuaries are well respected within the company

ConsCoworkers are unfriendly, unwilling to help, and hypocritical
    Environment is cut throat and very competitive

Good company in general

Corporate Legal (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood benefits, can arrange flexible work schedule, average compensation

ConsLow morale in my department and no fair system for promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement would have to care more about their employees than themselves.

underwriter

Underwriter (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsStable work environment, socially responsible organization. Very flexible work arrangements. They support insurance related education

ConsPromotion not by merit. Promotion should be by merit. as the biggest P & C insurer they should pay better than the market average

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp promotion process

This company acquired 2 other Insurance Companies in 2 years: 2010 and 2012. They keep "reinventing the wheel".

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsA huge organization with excellent benefits and tiered pension plan. There is nothing else positive to say, unfortunately. Steer clear.

ConsDue to their large dual acquisitions processes and procedures keep getting reinvented...often back to where they were in the first place. Management only communicates via e-mail with employees. Multiple public press complaints against them, for their injury claims handling in particular. A huge organization where you are only a voiceless cog in the wheel. Multiple, continuing lay-offs at all levels. Low-ball severance packages and bullying about non-existent "performance issues". Chronic unpaid overtime expected and encouraged. Employees not trained to do their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the talent you have in-house and stop laying people off, and TRAIN them.

Started off as exciting, died down over the course of a year or so

Pros-Ability to communicate/spend time with with anyone at any level due to relatively small staff size
    -Friendly staff

Cons-Few opportunities for advancement
    -Seems to value tenure more than skill/education
    -slow with proposed new projects/initiatives
    -Compensation slightly below industry average

Over all good company.

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosinnovative, respect for diversity, rewarded

ConsYou are expected to be 100% committed to the "orange" culture. The company has been in flux since 2008 and now is sold to Scotiabank. Much change is happening. not really sure what Scotia bank will do with the business

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Mediocre, antiquated organization masquerading as innovative bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsPay range not too bad (but not too good either), fairly flexible regarding hours and time off. Some events are fun.

ConsBad senior management, especially at the VP level and above, perhaps the most hierarchical and closed-door company I had ever worked for. Lots of talk about energetic and inclusive culture, but basically implements all the worst aspects of the big banks (hierarchy, incompetence, secrecy, backstabbing, inaccessible managers) and none of the good aspects, like pay and benefits. Certainly not a place to work if you are actually interested in working.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open, inclusive, and collaborative. Adopt a more horizontally-integrated management structure instead of a vertically closed-door management structure. Stop lying about your Orange culture and actually become it.

Worked for Intact Financial? Contribute to the Community!