Integer Group Reviews

Reset
3.3
Integer Group CEO Mike Sweeney
Mike Sweeney

Pros
  • For the most part they seem to have gotten the work life balance right (in 14 reviews)

• Great company with great people (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours much of the time and no comp time or rewards for hard or good work (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management is incompetent (in 10 reviews)

1. Great agency and good opportunities - if you take them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great people - Good culture - Good exposure to gain knowledge across the agency/industry - Opportunities for career growth if you raise you hand - Approachable executive team

Cons

- Sometimes reactionary to client, causing difficult timelines/deliverables - Recent wave of high employee turnover

Advice to Management

Despite what some people have (negatively) said, it's a great place to work. Yes, there are issues from time-to-time, but overall I enjoy coming to work each day. The senior management is welcoming and receptive to feedback. The clients, though sometimes difficult, provide great opportunities to produce high-visibility creative work. The pay could be better, but I'd rather enjoy where I work everyday than be discontent with more money.

2. Good Place to Work, but Not a Dream Job!

Former Employee - Web Developer in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Integer Group

Pros

Great culture, flexible schedule, good management.

Cons

Tends to underpay employees, and no automatic raises per performance/inflation. Some creative projects, but most of the work was cookie cutter and uninspiring.

Happy for the insiders. Only.

I have been working at Integer Group

Pros

Decent clients. Good life balance. Nice location. Need to fill twenty words with no other pros.

Cons

Clique with president. If you don't ride your bike properly with his gang you'll never get noticed or get a raise.

Advice to Management

Pretending to care about the team is not the same as actually caring. The nice guy thing is annoying.

5. The Integer Group has one the most positive work environments I have ever had to pleasure to experience.

Current Intern - Account Service Intern in Des Moines, IA
    Current Intern - Account Service Intern in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Integer Group as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The extremely creative environment that is present at Integer allows employees to work somewhere that is more than just "the office"

Cons

Being agency based there is high potential for turn over due to client decisions

Advice to Management

Consider a more extensive on-boarding process for interns

Don't bother.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Integer Group

Pros

Fun environment, lots of drinking and fun activities.

Cons

Draining clients with management that isn't supportive.

Advice to Management

I have none, they wouldn't do anything with it anyway.

It has been a wonderful 10 years and counting.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the diversity of this agency. Upper management understands the need to balance work and family.

Cons

Room for growth is limited in my department and compensation is not up to industry standards.

Great talent, great work, long hours, below-average pay

Former Employee - Creative in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Creative in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Integer Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excels at identifying talented Creative and Account Service associates to add to its team. A rock-solid project-management process helps ensure the Creative staff is properly briefed, that objectives and expectations are clearly defined, and that no work leaves the building without having been properly and thoroughly reviewed. Numerous opportunities exist to create high-quality, portfolio-building work.

Cons

Compensation is less than competitive for this market and work-life balance can be poor. High turnover rate. History of significant staff layoffs. The agency is Account Service driven, with associates from this department often directing the creative process. Creative department suffers from a lack of consistent leadership, with the Executive Creative Director position often subject to repeated and extended vacancies. Workload can make it difficult to schedule and take time off; "use it or lose it" PTO policy is rigidly enforced. Typical office politics and cliques.

Advice to Management

Invest in associates for the long term. Make an effort to understand the high cost of cultivating talent in associates, only to lose those associates to competitors offering better compensation and work-life balance.

A good sample of the advertising world, that left a slight bitter taste in my mouth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Integer Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved every chance I could get to work with the Creative & Production Dept. They are the heart and soul of this company. I wish their mentality and passion would rub off on some of the other teams...

Cons

High turnover rate and spotty mentorship. A few individuals who made my experience at this company miserable at times, and that stinks because a majority of the employees are great people and bright.

Advice to Management

No more empty promises, please. More contact and interaction with the entry-level positions would've been nice. Sometimes I felt that I was left in the Abyss, stuck between teams without a true feeling of association.

The epitome of fickle and frugal

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous PTO package and plenty of internal training opportunities to stay current on trends and the latest developments in our industry.

Cons

It's a machine. Making the quarterly numbers is the highest priority rather than investing in its employees and helping them along a positive and fulfilling career path. Failing to recognize and reward those who've worked hard and have consistently gone above and beyond their job description. A never ending process of adding pointless marketing assignments, yes homework, to your workload when folks are already pulling enough overtime as it is. Morale has been extremely low for a couple of years now and turnover is fairly common. When it comes to important issues within the office, management is transparent and frequently dishonest.

Advice to Management

Get with the program and start by gaining back the trust of your associates. Communicate effectively with employees and include them in important details that may affect them now or in the future. Sincerity and honesty are paramount.

Integer views employees purely as cogs in a machine, not people.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Integer Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The office is on a hill. Nice chairs.

Cons

Upper management is incompetent, but seems to have a pact to keep that little fact to itself. Employees are used and dumped like yesterday's trash. Interns are underpaid and overworked. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. This company is run by a Napoleonic little tyrant who talks too much and doesn't listen.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves.

RSS Feed </> Embed