Integer Group

Updated August 8, 2014
3.9

Integer Group CEO Mike Sweeney
Mike Sweeney

Pros
  • For the most part they seem to have gotten the work life balance right (in 14 reviews)

• Great people, Great atmosphere who epitomize the concept of work hard & playing even harder (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are okay occasionally but when it becomes expected without being rewarded people get easily burnt out (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management is not a strong leadership team (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It has been a wonderful 10 years and counting.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love the diversity of this agency. Upper management understands the need to balance work and family.

Cons

Room for growth is limited in my department and compensation is not up to industry standards.

Great talent, great work, long hours, below-average pay

Former Employee - Creative in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Creative in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Integer Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excels at identifying talented Creative and Account Service associates to add to its team. A rock-solid project-management process helps ensure the Creative staff is properly briefed, that objectives and expectations are clearly defined, and that no work leaves the building without having been properly and thoroughly reviewed. Numerous opportunities exist to create high-quality, portfolio-building work.

Cons

Compensation is less than competitive for this market and work-life balance can be poor. High turnover rate. History of significant staff layoffs. The agency is Account Service driven, with associates from this department often directing the creative process. Creative department suffers from a lack of consistent leadership, with the Executive Creative Director position often subject to repeated and extended vacancies. Workload can make it difficult to schedule and take time off; "use it or lose it" PTO policy is rigidly enforced. Typical office politics and cliques.

Invest in associates for the long term. Make an effort to understand the high cost of cultivating talent in associates, only to lose those associates to competitors offering better compensation and work-life balance.

A good sample of the advertising world, that left a slight bitter taste in my mouth.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Integer Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved every chance I could get to work with the Creative & Production Dept. They are the heart and soul of this company. I wish their mentality and passion would rub off on some of the other teams...

Cons

High turnover rate and spotty mentorship. A few individuals who made my experience at this company miserable at times, and that stinks because a majority of the employees are great people and bright.

No more empty promises, please. More contact and interaction with the entry-level positions would've been nice. Sometimes I felt that I was left in the Abyss, stuck between teams without a true feeling of association.

The epitome of fickle and frugal

Current Employee - Senior Art Director in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generous PTO package and plenty of internal training opportunities to stay current on trends and the latest developments in our industry.

Cons

It's a machine. Making the quarterly numbers is the highest priority rather than investing in its employees and helping them along a positive and fulfilling career path. Failing to recognize and reward those who've worked hard and have consistently gone above and beyond their job description. A never ending process of adding pointless marketing assignments, yes homework, to your workload when folks are already pulling enough overtime as it is. Morale has been extremely low for a couple of years now and turnover is fairly common. When it comes to important issues within the office, management is transparent and frequently dishonest.

Get with the program and start by gaining back the trust of your associates. Communicate effectively with employees and include them in important details that may affect them now or in the future. Sincerity and honesty are paramount.

Integer views employees purely as cogs in a machine, not people.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Integer Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The office is on a hill. Nice chairs.

Cons

Upper management is incompetent, but seems to have a pact to keep that little fact to itself. Employees are used and dumped like yesterday's trash. Interns are underpaid and overworked. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. This company is run by a Napoleonic little tyrant who talks too much and doesn't listen.

Get over yourselves.

Working at The Integer Group has been a career building experience.

I have been working at Integer Group

Pros

The people within the Integer Group network of offices are incredible. While reaching out to other offices, people have been very receptive in providing smart suggestions, advice or leads to better business solutions for our clients.

Cons

While comparing total compensation packages of Senior Art Directors posted within the network, The Integer Group does not have a well balanced pay scale. There is quite a difference, beyond cost of living, between same qualifications (years worked and title) within the three Integer offices of Dallas, Denver and Des Moines.

Good place to gain a wealth of experience

I have been working at Integer Group

Pros

Very relaxed, work hard play hard environment. Great company outings and activities. Company makes you feel valued. Generous time off allotment including the week between Christmas and New Years, workload permitting. Very fast paced position that allows insight into several areas in the marketing spectrum.

Cons

Often work very long hours, you are given a laptop and expected to bring it home for use at night. Senior management plays office politics to prevent you from switching teams. If team issues are escalated to senior management they are swept under the rug rather than properly dealt with.

Properly address team issues.

Integer Group Photos