Integer Group

Updated December 1, 2014
3.9

Integer Group CEO Mike Sweeney
Mike Sweeney

Pros
  • For the most part they seem to have gotten the work life balance right (in 14 reviews)

• Great people, Great atmosphere who epitomize the concept of work hard & playing even harder (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are okay occasionally but when it becomes expected without being rewarded people get easily burnt out (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management is not a strong leadership team (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people here are amazing. Management REALLY cares about employees, regardless of where you are on the corporate ladder. I love the continuing education offered at Integer and have benefitted from the classes immensely.

Cons

The people comprising the teams at Integer are all very bright. The siloed nature of agency structure (across the marketing world, not just Integer) makes if difficult to innovate and communicate with other teams. Creatives here are pretty whiny and touchy about their work, but they tend to keep to themselves.

Overall, great job! Love Integer. Would appreciate much more help with career mapping and to see opportunities for advancement.

Agency that could be great, but the Sr. Management is heart breakingly bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Integer Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, excellent benefits, lots of days off. There is a lot of experience to gain from working here both good and bad. I've seen good people go on to bigger and better things after working here.

Cons

The training is awful and that's technically the first thing you should be doing when you start. So you're starting off bad and it's up to you to make it better for your self. This creates an environment of scrambling to figure out what to do and doesn't really set you up for success.
    The only thing worse than the training is the management. Departmental management and Senior Management are the worse I've seen in years and it only gets worse with each passing year. This is a company that could be great, but the Senior Management holds it back. The Senior Management is very much like a High School clique. If you're one of the in crowd then your set and don't have to really produce anything except perceived as opposed to real value.
    On second thought the new business team is worse than the Senior Management. They haven't had any real wins to sustain the company in over 5 years and have a hard time retaining long term clients. In this day and age that's a formula for disaster, yet the team still stays. It's that "In Crowd" thing I mentioned earlier.

The Management won't take any advice, that's the real heartbreaking part. I think it has something to do with the entitled people at the top not wanting to show they're wrong and don't know as much as they think they do. That comment is about the Dallas Senior Management. The Denver Senior Management is even around or isn't even looking as far as any one in Dallas can tell. The reason I gave Mike Sweeney a disapproval rating is because of the state of the Senior Management in Dallas and the Denver office not doing anything. It all happened on his watch over the coarse of years. Maybe bad management starts with a blind eye at the top?

Extremely happy at The Integer Group!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Fun and exciting brands to work on.
    - Great positive team atmosphere, everyone pulls their weight and is always willing to help get things done.
    - Lots of company and team building events where you get to socialize with all levels of the organization.
    - Good compensation and benefits package, with added surprise and delights such as an extra vacation day given every so often.
    - They do a great job to retain employees even in times of change, and it is obvious they want to keep their people.
    - Training classes where you can learn more about different parts of our company, different job roles, and different skills. They give people the ability to move around within the organization.

Cons

- Large company and lots of people, sometimes tough to get to know people who are outside your direct contact.
    - Fluctuations with clients and parts of business we work on sometimes results in restructuring of teams, and in some cases positions have to be eliminated (although TIG tries to find a new position for those people within our company).
    - Can sometimes require long hours.

Great Company Culture

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone you work with is amazing. I have been blessed to find so many friends at Integer. They really feel like my family. I am so happy to see everyone at work everyday and always have a smile on my face. They are always putting on events and bringing in lunch. They take care of there employees through parties and events which I really enjoy.

Cons

They don't pay very well and work overtime without pay a lot.

Zero Egos, Great Team

Current Employee - Copywriter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great accounts, creatives and managers, plus benefits, and respectful of people's life outside from work. Flexibility is a plus!

Cons

Too busy at times to come up with award-winning material.

Good People, Diminishing Industry

I worked at Integer Group full-time

Pros

The people that work there generally really want to work and be there. It's a great place to work as a young professional right out of college. The work-life balance is very hard to beat. Also, the way that the agency has shifted towards the digital realm is very beneficial to its future.

Cons

Unless you are an art director (creative) on one of the larger accounts, there isn't always too much to do. It's a very tough industry that is forcing everything to go digitally while clients are not providing the same funds to work with. It's very hard to get promoted in any department other than creative. It's a relatively hard place to stay long-term because management is willing to consistently let talent walk out the door.

Continue to cultivate a great, fun work environment but don't forget to reward those outside of the creative department for good work. Concentrate much more effort on training at each level.

Great Company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Integer Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice benefits, great people to work with. Staff is very helpful for advice or teaching.

Cons

Hard to move up in the company.

Great company, wonderful culture

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Integer Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, work/life balance, great clients

Cons

Personal & Professional growth - managers are not concerned about helping their team members grow both professionally and personally

Mediocre

I have been working at Integer Group

Pros

Great culture in the company

Cons

Left hands doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    Raises are non-existent; but if there are, only management sees it.

Listen and keep what we say in mind. To many hypocrites in upper management. Raises should be given on performance, not favoritism.

Fantastic, super-friendly company with so-so creative

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Integer Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the most welcoming, friendliest places I have ever worked. You will make friends you will keep for years to come.

There are fantastic employee events, like the swanky company Christmas party where they give away iPads to a quarter of the employees every year.

The ECD is a huge proponent of employee education, so you'll learn a lot about global trends and new technology.

Management is approachable and looks after their own. There were very few layoffs and business is very stable.

Cons

The work has gotten better over the years, but most clients aren't coming to Integer for highly conceptual creative. They're looking for store-driving retail promotions. But, as is the case with Slurpee/7-Eleven, that can sometimes lead to great work.

Mistakes are made too often. Websites go live with typos, direction isn't communicated properly. There are many slackers within account service who create the world's laziest creative briefs and it can be extremely frustrating.

Pay increases were rare and difficult to get approved by Omnicom. You have to ask for an increase and you'll only see something significant with a change in title.

Get rid of the terrible people account service and

Integer Group Photos