Integer Group Reviews

Reset
3.6
Integer Group CEO Mike Sweeney
Mike Sweeney

Pros
  • For the most part they seem to have gotten the work life balance right (in 14 reviews)

• Great company with great people (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours much of the time and no comp time or rewards for hard or good work (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management is incompetent (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Extremely happy at The Integer Group!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun and exciting brands to work on. - Great positive team atmosphere, everyone pulls their weight and is always willing to help get things done. - Lots of company and team building events where you get to socialize with all levels of the organization. - Good compensation and benefits package, with added surprise and delights such as an extra vacation day given every so often. - They do a great job to retain employees even in times of change, and it is obvious they want to keep their people. - Training classes where you can learn more about different parts of our company, different job roles, and different skills. They give people the ability to move around within the organization.

Cons

- Large company and lots of people, sometimes tough to get to know people who are outside your direct contact. - Fluctuations with clients and parts of business we work on sometimes results in restructuring of teams, and in some cases positions have to be eliminated (although TIG tries to find a new position for those people within our company). - Can sometimes require long hours.

2. Account Exec.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is awesome, they offer good benefits, they treat their employees well, and offer industry relevant training. Pay is on par with industry.

Cons

How the accounts are currently structured, it's hard to move up, and steps to move up are still somewhat ambiguous.

3. mixed bag.

I worked at Integer Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people - hands down. Fun culture. Lots of internal events and time off. Very good work/life balance. Free food. Opportunities for mentorship. Interesting projects from time to time. Good management staff on creative side.

Cons

Too much tactical work. Not enough big idea work. Rinse and repeat approach to creative. Pointless meetings. Depending on what team you're on, the lower on the ladder, the less you matter. Some junior account teams not getting enough proper training from senior members. Heaven help them if/when they decide to move on. When it comes to creative, sometimes there's too many hands in the cookie jar. If you're looking for a job in the industry, this is an okay place to be but if you have higher ambitions you will not be happy here in the long run.

creative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work is easy, people are nice in general, beer/wine in the office relatively often, big clients

Cons

too many people not doing actual work, meeting-happy and unqualified account team, senior-level's inability to recognize and solve REAL problems, senior level's lack of talent and comprehension of trends, technology, and skills, low talent level as a whole, no real team feeling in creative department, inability to fire incompetent people, good people leave very quickly and often.... Top creative and management like to talk the talk but no real change or effort.

Advice to Management

You need to realize who is actually valuable to the team. If you want to be the most sought after shopper marketing agency in the world, you ACTUALLY have to have a great team. Talking to everyone that we have a talented team doesn't ACTUALLY make your team talented - only talented people will. You must remove the dead weight and focus on your stars.

6. Account Supervisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ackworth, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ackworth, IA

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it is a fun environment

Cons

sometimes you just feel like number

7. Overall great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ The culture. You'd be hard-pressed to find another place of employment with better people. It's a great place to work for that alone. Which is great, because there's not much else going for Integer at the moment.

Cons

+ Leadership. Should be more aggressive and organized. Although many of them are very qualified and great mentors, most of the leadership is unqualified. Very expensive dead weight. Integer keeps around useless employees who cost them way too much money. +Hiring. Bad habit of hiring to fill the position instead of waiting to find great talent. Some of the new hires are completely baffling. Lots of overpaid hacks in this place. Also, instead of promoting the best talent to senior leadership, they hire old-school ad guys who haven't done any actual work in at least 10 years. And the HR department is laughable. +Firing. Integer is incapable of firing anybody. They're too nice, and they keep around employees who have proven to be detrimental to the work, time and time again. They just shift people to other teams and hope that the same problems don't resurface .... which they do. There are people who have been forced to move to other teams multiple times, and they're still around causing the same problems. +Talent. Integer has a knack for losing great talent. Again, they keep around duds, and the talented people move through here quickly. + The work. Need a big win in order to do bigger, more disruptive work. Too much day-to-day. There's a lot of preaching about doing great creative work, and not a lot of practicing. +Account Service. Not enough training, mediocre brief writing, lack of brand knowledge and big-picture thinking.

8. Copywriter

I have been working at Integer Group full-time

Pros

Hire great people who are fun to be around

Cons

Work doesn't help build your portfolio

Not all it's cracked up to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

You get the chance to work with some big brand companies. You also have the ability to work a different genres of advertising like Digital, Social Media, Print, Shopper Experience. The agency has some directors that are good mentors and really care. There's always free food somewhere.

Cons

This agency has more cliches than a high school. If you're not a cool kid you won't get anywhere. The account service department is full of finger pointers and blamers, but that trickles down from the top. Most of the creatives are very dedicated but you do have your whiners. i was really excited to get the opportunity to work there but was completely let down in the end.

Advice to Management

CARE about your people. All of them, not just the popular ones. LISTEN to your employees. Try to hire with diversity, not just young blonde females must out of college.

10. Neat Place if you dont mind not getting hours for 6 months

Pros

People, Environment, Beer, Large Client projects, loose hours, the ability to be flexible, The people are amazing. Lots of friends. A little stand offish at first, but it eases up when they know you are going to stick around.

Cons

Normally the hours are never guarenteed. Plus you can only get hours for 6 months out of the year. The other six you are on your own. Freelancers are supposed to cover for full-time employes to have offsites.

Advice to Management

Convert people to full time. Freelancing is hard on the employees. The freelancers have no stable income, and the full time people don't get to have a steady supply of talent

11. Fun Innovative atmosphere with great people who do great work

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Integer Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm relatively new to the advertising world. However, at Integer's headquarters there's a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in the business. They regularly provide classes and workshops to increase your skills and experience. As far as the environment goes, it's a work hard/play hard culture, which is ideal for me. However, the best things about the company are the people and the work. I love being in an environment where new things are being developed all around me, plus the people are warm, friendly, and open. In former positions, I would've never had the the opportunity to talk with executives about the business. However, at Integer, the senior leadership make themselves available and are very approachable. It makes such a difference in your experience as an employee.

Cons

It can be a heavy workload at times - I'm starting to learn that there are very busy periods of work in agency life in general. However, I feel this agency is good about giving employees opportunities to unwind or celebrate after big tasks/projects are completed. After I had completed a very involved/very difficult project, my boss rewarded me with a gift certificate so I could do dinner and a movie one night. I also received an extra day of paid time off when I got to my one year anniversary (a pleasant surprise!).

Advice to Management

I love the work-life balance in my team. I think we communicate well and share the workload well. For other teams, I'd probably encourage even more open communication and help with work-life balance.

RSS Feed </> Embed