Integra LifeSciences Reviews

1. Good people, weak management

Current Employee - Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

I enjoy working with my direct coworkers. There is a general strong work ethic at the site. I also believe in the products that we have in house. A lot of work is put into ensuring the safety and efficacy of the products themselves.

Cons

Management has difficulty making decisions. There seems to be a constant change of direction which can be frustrating.
    High turnover rate within the company.
    Different functional groups do not seem aligned on goals.
    Cross functional support seems to be lacking.

Still with your decisions Focus on personal growth. Set up an employee with a career path.

I have enjoyed my time with the company, thus far, but I do not see myself here in my 5-year plan.

Current Employee - Regulatory, Quality, Clinical Affairs Associate in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time (less than a year)

Pros

(1) The company has a good young environment. Many employees in 20's and 30's. Opportunities for after work athletic activities (i.e. baseball, football, soccer), organized Friday lunches out, happy hour with co-workers. All of which are fun, but you have to show interest and keep up with group activities to be included. (2) Casual social environment with team members.

Cons

(1) Many times you will find employees who are less than willing to help when you need it. In addition, there are many tasks that are pushed on the wrong departments/teams, because no one wants to manage them. It is common that you may find yourself working on tasks and projects that are not relevant to your hired position or job description. This is also partially due to lack of hiring for project management positions. (2) Very cliquey. If you are not part of the young crowd, you will have to make sure you make friends and show interest in activities to be invited/included. Anyone is welcome, but you have to find your way in, first. (3) Not only are people not very helpful, they can also be demanding of your time, when it is not your responsibility in the first place.

This place will kill your spirit, just watch your back

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Integra will always have work based on high levels of rework and inadequate skills level.
    you don't need to do much to make it here
    Excellent place for overhead position to skate department such as quality, engineering, purchasing, and inventory cage and shipping

Cons

Poor leadership, I hate to come here, I find I get tears in my eyes on Mondays, you cannot trust anyone, we have no drug policy so you can understand the types of people that get jobs here, poor quality in workmanship, leaders that lack the knowledge to make a difference and change the culture, knowledgeable people won't stay or they are ran off, engineers that sit at their desk thinking about how light effect metal rather that helping on the floor, decisions made based of skin color, no hr support, mangers taking baths in perfume and stinking up the shop

Instead of spending money on this building put the money into qualified leaders, disbanded the quality department and start over hire engineers that know what they are doing and put a drug policy in place and listen to the cry's of people who care and localize hr and disband colleague connect fix problems but hire people who know how to fix them. when you make a capital investment make sure we have the right people in place to use it, if we are going to have a machine shop get new people that really understand machining to do our cnc programming and hire qualified machinist oh yes and have the people doing the hiring know what to look for in hiring machinist

Run away!! It's the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones for real!

Former Employee - Senior Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer

I worked at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

There are some employees there who actually care about their work. Most however, just want to see the end of the week. Good product portfolio. Good location (Plainsboro, NJ). Bagels on Fridays.

Cons

Atrocious management! Especially anything not related to production or sale of finished goods. Everything is political; so jf you aren't aligned with the right manager - watch your back! No one is safe! Employees are not valued. They are still operating on 1980's technology and don't know how to modernize. They don't know how to manage projects - and management doesn't provide necessary guidance or support to effect change. 200+ CAPAs per year are not out of the ordinary and their only solution to technical problems or an OOS is to write a justification or slap on another QA protocol. If you're wondering who's going to be the next scape goat, its probably you! Let's just blame the last guy who was let go. Nothing ever gets fixed!

Stop sniffing Windex! Don't buy into hokey "Lets all be happy" psychobabble and start listening to people who have relevant experience! Fire everyone on the Leadership Team, starting with HR.

Picture this....poor work ethic, zero employee appreciation, incompetent management and an icecream truck......

Current Employee - Marketing in Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked there for over 7 years.....I'd say the only pros were some friendly, but miserable people I would chat with while walking to the bathroom or walking to my car. Browsing the internet, looking for new job opportunities was another plus......oh and shaking the hands of a fellow employees after finding out that they were leaving and free of the unethical and toxic culture Integra management has created.

Cons

Some of the worst management I've ever seen in my entire life. My manager hours you ask? 9AM TO 4:30PM.....our team was working before my manager showed up ....and ....after he had left. HR runs the place....along with the Suite similiar to a circus....the rich get richer and the general population....well....get lean departments, where work is dumped on the employees after the incredible turnover rate. The employee reviews are equivalent to a 9th grade essay. I received an above average review over my last seven years...same tiny raise the other guy who received a below average review. The companys' internal and underlying structure is crumbling like moldy cheese. Everyone I speak to unhappy and seeking other opportunities. Instead of cutting back on spending. The company has quarterly layoffs to maintain the high paid salaries of the suite. Is Integra another bad joke or just a bad dream?
    I'd say both.

Sell.....Sell....Sell! Clean house and the Suite! Give another leader the opportunity to provide an ethical and rewarding culture where people are enabled and are appreciated. Offer training! Time to exit 1999 and enter 2015......STOP pumping money into that bottomless pit newdelhiphail and pay your employees more money. Stop rewarding your employees .....with more work! Reward them with opportunity and worth. Stop running lean already....! Try this.....run the Suite lean!

Better to Go on unemployment then work for this chopshop

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

There is nothing good about this place aside the fact that its just a job with a cheap paycheck. Save ur time. Everyday look for another job.

Cons

1. Micro manages people to a point of going crazy
    2. Draining and very unprofessional place to be in
    3. They demean people and built cases against them for very small things
    4. Young crowds that have no manners and class
    5. They make people feel worthless no matter how much effort they put in
    6. Hateful place to be in
    7. Employees end up walking 4 miles a day in snow and heat

8. Supply chain metrics reporting

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

Have opportunities to learn new tools and systems

Cons

Organizational changes dramatically and turn over rate is high.

9. Product Manager

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experienced and highly qualified R&D team
    Experienced and supportive Sales leadership

Cons

Product lines are severely understaffed with respect to personnel
    Integra has too many Chiefs and not enough Indians
    Compensation is not competitive with other medical device companies at middle management level
    Better ongoing feedback is needed to foster success of employees

Ensure supportive and constructive feedback is provided by managers to their employees on a regular basis
    Senior managment should visit facilities on a regular basis to truly understand what the issues are at that site.
    Provide the support and training needed for employees to be successful when job desciptions change

10. Good mgmt

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Phila, PA

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

Good mgmt
    Supportive
    the values are good

Cons

The money is good
    work/life balance

11. Losing touch with the core of the business

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Building infrastructure to support growth
    Plenty of work to do
    Constant change = opportunity

Cons

It's all about the money -- losing touch with meaningful physician relationships and appreciation of the clinical value they're trying to provide to patients
    Huge gap between senior management and the rank-and-file
    Sub-par compensation and benefits

Get into the OR and see a case. Make our core clinical reasons for being in business a part of your DNA. Make a "home run" neuro acquisition, then truly leverage the talent and clinical insights that come with the deal. You'll need all of these to build a successful long-term business.