Integra Telecom

Integra Telecom Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Integra Telecom CEO Kevin O'Hara

Kevin O'Hara

Pros
  • good benefits, flexible hours, have a chance to make good commission if you hit your quota (in 11 reviews)

• Great work atmosphere with local customer service numbers (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • embarrassingly high turnover in sales, imbalance with opportunity - expectation (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management made drastic changes over the last 6-8 months (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

It was okay

Customer Service (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsLove the location and hours

ConsUpper management do not value employees

Integra Telecom, while working there had the resources and tools to ensure clients and employees were appreciated,

Business Development (Former Employee) Renton, WA

ProsAbsolutely no micromanaging if you are doing what is needed to make your numbers you earn a lot of flexibility.

ConsThe only Con I thought of was regarding the launch products/services. We would have our OMA meeting but then next thing you know people were selling it prior to the true launch, so the customer doesn't have the same experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfessionalism of course is a must, continue to recognize the strengths of your account reps, if they are struggling in one department but are accelerating in other areas, let them know that the are of value to the company however we think they would be in a better position elsewhere in the company.

Smorgasborg of knowledge needed to do your job

Service Assurance Technician (Former Employee) Renton, WA

ProsYou get to learn alot about many aspects of telecom. It has a family atmosphere. Everyone is willing to share the knowledge, instead of hording it. You are encouraged to excel

ConsThe workload is too high and forces alot of overtime. Upper management seems disconnected with the employees. Politics can cause harm to the average worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the workers are complaining about. If there is excessive overtime, hire some more workers. Work won't dry out in repair.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great network and customer base, trying to find its way

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsExcellent network and product set

ConsConstantly change - busy work within the sales environment

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy and stick with it

Hard working front line and mid level employees. Senior management distracted.

ProsVery talented employees, both customer and network facing. Recent attempts to streamline organization is largely seen as positive, although in a give and take economic environment, net benefits accrue unevenly across departments. Heavy Sales orientation is a very positive indication of commitment to meeting revenue goals.

ConsNew leadership eschews former commitments to maintaining a diverse, interconnected, and happy work force. New human resource team approaches work force in an adversarial manner leaving employees without trusted avenues for recourse. Inter and intra team Communication is silo based. Parallel organizations are purposely left out of the information loop, creating speculation and then gossip which is destructive to morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave meaningful performance reviews and hold managers, especially junior VP's, and Directors, accountable for delivering them personally to their employees. More carrots, less sticks. Make employees accountable but also make them a part of the communication and information loop. Try to create a positive culture, by not encouraging silo mentality and negative attitudes, through poor communication and archaic, ineffective human resources.

The experience has taken me far

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and lasting connections

ConsLack luster training program
    Poor communication and lack of transparency from corporate
    Too much manager/employee fratenizing is allowed

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with employees in order to gain trust

Management doesn't get it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProduct and service offerings should make the company a leader in the industry.

ConsManagement doesn't support employees enough or follow through on commitments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you will do. Walk the talk.

great company to work for until new leadership in 2011

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscareer growth opportunity and great co workers

Conschange in leadership centralized all the decision making

Needed: better connection to front-line employees and more honesty to employees and customers.

Repair Manager (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsExpanding product line to capture latest technologies. Some departments work well with other departments. There are health club participation and benefits in some locations.

ConsRecent large layoffs reflect constant change of business direction with changing leadership, and a distrust in vision. Junior VPs and Directors disengaged and distracted by rapid technology innovations,and trying to keep up with competitors. This is a worthy goal, but they do so while building silos. Although corp leaderships attempts to communicate results and plans, rank and file see this as a subterfuge while corp plans next reorganization.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecent events belie Integra's stated philosophy of enhancing the customer experience. downsizing work force and doubling work loads on remaining departments makes for an unhappy workforce and customers who wonder why service is bad. Advice to management: shore up your relationship with manager and below employees, and be more honest with your customers. If you pitch a valued customer experience, then you should provide it. Cutting workforce and doubling workload is providing a negative customer experience.

Like getting Dog Fleas on my crotch and watching them jump from hair to hair.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI was able to get home by 6:30pm.

ConsI left home at 7am and had to work from 7:45am to 6pm. Put out fires all day, tried to set appointments and close deals. Was micromanaged all day by a moron. Painful. Less than 5% of the company is laughing theie way to the bank....trust me, it's not you.

Advice to Senior Managementfind another job, it's not your fault, well....maybe it is.

Worked for Integra Telecom? Contribute to the Community!