Integral Resources Reviews

CEO

1. fundraiser

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Worcester, MA

I worked at Integral Resources part-time (More than a year)

Pros

everything is great you pick your own schedule . you get alot of help and on the spot training . you are never left alone . they do food , cash promotions . and its a fun fast pace environment .

Cons

sometimes there is a young crowd that is harder to keep calm . but thats at every job . its not the company fault . all in all a great place

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing . you guys provide a great work environment and provide a lot of opportunity . the regional manager is really hands on and is here all the time .

2. I hate working at Integral Resources!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A realtively informative job; keeps you up-to-date on common political issues and organizations.

Cons

I've worked at Integral Resources for just about a month now, and I'm ready to quit already! My co-workers aaren't the problem: it's the management that gets under my skin! The supervisors are rude and emotionally abusive towards the new recruits, and have a tendency of singling people out for no apparent reason!

Jul 7, 2015 – Director Call Center Operations

Sorry you are having a tough experience. My name is Justin Borysenko and I would like to see if I could help. Please ask Alma for my mobile number and we can speak. I am opening our new center in ... More

3. Fundraiser

I worked at Integral Resources

Pros

Easy hire. Quick paycheck.

Cons

Terrible coworkers. Drug use. Terrible management. Sketchy paychecks and commission. No benefits. No promotions. Strict hours. Terrible breaks.

May 11, 2015 – Director Call Center Operations

Please contact Operations Director Justin Borysenko 617-492-4474 ext 204 to discuss the drug and management issues. As far as benefits we offer company sponsored health plan after 90 days of work ... More

It's great if your willing to put in the work

I have been working at Integral Resources

Pros

It is a pretty good deal if your willing to put in the effort. The job is very flexible, you could really work this around any schedule. The pay is decent, and determined by the effort that you put into the job. Some do very well but even those who may not be the greatest at the job can still take home a pretty good paycheck. The phone calls are mostly political which could be a challenge for some at first, but it isn't hard to get up to speed. There is plenty of information provided as well as continuous training to help you along. When I first started, I knew nothing about the political environment but it didn't take long to learn (just watch the news).

Cons

Dealing with rejection on the phones can take a toll on some. If your well informed with the client materials, you will not face as much rejection. The job does require you to constantly be aware of what's going on with the political landscape. You don't always get to choose which files you call, but training is always available.

Advice to Management

Respect the diversity in the workplace, and give everyone the chance along with the support needed to succeed. Stay open minded, everyone has something to offer.

6. Maybe a place you can tolerate if you have to....

Former Employee - Telephone Fundraiser in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Telephone Fundraiser in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Integral Resources part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of rules (but also means rules sometimes enforced, sometimes not). Convenience if you live nearby or on Red Line (walking distance from Porter Sq.) Will hire just about anyone who can read telephone scripts, even if you are hygienically-challenged or clearly not quite in "recovery" (or never were) from drug or alcohol abuse. Ability to work a flexible schedule within the time frame of 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. (or even later during political season).

Cons

Redundancy of the work (yet unpredictability of the rules). Extremely grungy work environment. Little basic maintenance of facilities, including call equipment and plumbing. Most callers and even more of the supervisors treated as disposable. (It is a maxim among workers that the best way to ensure short-lived employment is to accept a supervisor position.) Frequent problems with call rooms temperature (often very cold in winter; over-cooled in summer). Few benefits offered to callers, including even direct deposit or a secure place to store your things on break, or to leave work-related papers on days off. Even 40-hour per week callers considered "part-time." Due to lax hiring standards, theft isn't uncommon, including callers' personal property (and the occasional credit card number from a trusting donor). One of main call rooms consists of large folding tables (with peeling contact paper) lining the walls. Together with hard floor and wall surfaces, noise is deafening when there's a full house. Continual unfulfilled promises to improve conditions. Complicated compensation system (supposedly based on merit but impossible to independently verify) that benefits a tiny handful of callers but still leaves almost all on the edge of poverty, thrilled to win under-the-table bonuses, VISA gift cards, useless scratch tickets, or electronic gizmos.

Advice to Management

In a word, get some scruples! Stop encouraging callers to mislead and hassle donors. Comply with laws on employment, tax, sanitary code, OSHA, and fundraising. Don't throw workers under the bus when the company gets caught not complying with your clients' scripts or violating fundraising laws (Iowa, Ohio, elsewhere?) that the callers were directed to disregard. Why not recycle the soda cans and bottles overflowing from all the wastebaskets while your callers are begging for the environment? Take a moment to imagine how Democrats and progressive clients and their donors would react if they really understood that your for-profit enterprise amounts to a 21st century sweatshop!

Mar 12, 2015 – Director Call Center Operations

Like any other employer we have issues from time to time. The recent weeks of below zero weather and seven feet of snow took a toll on our building. We have been working with our cleaning crew and ... More

7. Run and Hide

I have been working at Integral Resources

Pros

There are really no Pro about this place .They really suck and are a bad place to work.If you dont mind working with a bunch of halfware house loser druggies drunks and general low life's I guess than it's not bad.But if you are a regular normal person than run like hell if they come knocking at your door for a job.

Cons

If you are offered a job here dont take it run as fast as you can away from them.They will promise you the world but screw you to the wall.

Advice to Management

Stop lieing to people and grow up.You stink.You are the most untrain and worst management team I have every work with in my 30 years of working

Mar 12, 2015 – Director Call Center Operations

I am concerned with the issues you are bringing up. Please contact me regarding your concerns. Justin Borysenko Director of Fundraising ask a manager for my cell phone as I am out of town on business ... More

8. It was okay,I mean I just worked there because I needed income.

Former Employee - Caller in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Caller in Columbia, MO

I worked at Integral Resources part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to meet some nice people.

Cons

Certain organizations that we had to raise money for were difficult.

Advice to Management

Although I did not care for the job, I really did not have any problems with management in general, although there was this one manager that seemed to forget that since some of us were in college, we have school as our top priority and that we will not forget about the job.

Feb 2, 2015 – Director Call Center Operations

Thanks for the review of our Columbia fundraising center. Glad management was good to you. If you are looking for summer work we would like to talk about you returning after the school year.

Great pay, stellar location and I LOVE what we do!

Current Employee - Representative in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Representative in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Integral Resources part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Integral Resources gives you the opportunity to build a skill. The work can be challenging, and because of the supervisory and managerial support you never feel alone. The hours are flexible, the workplace is dynamic, and the pay and benefits are very competitive in our area.

Cons

Integral Resources is committed to diversity, and is committed to investing in each individual that comes through our training program. Integral Resources promotes from within, which gives every Representative the ability to rise and grow within the company.

Advice to Management

Integral Resources has been working over time to show appreciation for the Representatives, and we gain so much when our Representatives want to come to work, verses just coming to work out of necessity. Please continue to keep the fun in fundraising.

Oct 11, 2014 – Director Call Center Operations

Thanks for the great review from a current employee. The job is love it or hate it. Glad you like I love it.

Great part time or full time work for the most important cause.

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promotions are good and unlike many other corporations and incorporated companies, they promote from within. If the person has the drive they can go from the bottom of the totem pole as being a caller all the way up to running their own call center. The cash incentives are great! having the incredible flexibility in when to work is equally fantastic too if you are a college student or single parent. The upper management is very inteliigent and can answer almost any question you ask: which has never happened in a company I have worked for. I would say the biggest pro is the job itself you get to make phone calls for a great cause and have personel conversations with people, building relaitonships for the organizations and committees you are calling for. you also every once in a while get talk to a lot of interesting and famous people.

Cons

The con is sometimes you can become disenfranchised by the negativity of people on the phones who you are spekaing with. This isn't necasarily a con it's just as close as I can come to finding a con about the job.

Advice to Management

Become more invested in every employee and respect peoples boundaries. learn to be empathetic or apathetic whenever it's needed.

This job is what you make it.

Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I came here when the economy crapped out and I needed a gig to get me through. Five years later I'm still plugging away. It's a laid back atmosphere. If you choose to work, they'll put you to work. If you want to goof off (there's plenty of people that do), they most likely won't terminate you. You just won't get the opportunities others do. There's a LOT of different kind of folks working here and I dig interacting with them all. The schedule is pretty flexible and they have been super accommodating to my special situation (I work a second job) I really enjoy working for things I believe in. I could never be a salesman... I actually shudder at the thought. But, I like fundraising. I believe in what we're doing and like to think it makes things better.

Cons

Money. If this place payed more I'd stay here for my entire career. I know everyone wishes they made more, but I think if they raised the bar on pay they'd have an easier time holding people accountable when they do the wrong things. Managing workers who sometimes don't care if they lose their job is challenging.

RSS Feed </> Embed