Integral Resources

Updated October 11, 2014
Updated October 11, 2014
3.2

CEO

Great pay, stellar location and I LOVE what we do!

Current Employee - Representative in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Representative in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Integral Resources part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Integral Resources gives you the opportunity to build a skill. The work can be challenging, and because of the supervisory and managerial support you never feel alone. The hours are flexible, the workplace is dynamic, and the pay and benefits are very competitive in our area.

Cons

Integral Resources is committed to diversity, and is committed to investing in each individual that comes through our training program. Integral Resources promotes from within, which gives every Representative the ability to rise and grow within the company.

Integral Resources has been working over time to show appreciation for the Representatives, and we gain so much when our Representatives want to come to work, verses just coming to work out of necessity. Please continue to keep the fun in fundraising.

Oct 11, 2014Director Call Center Operations

Thanks for the great review from a current employee. The job is love it or hate it. Glad you like I love it.

Great part time or full time work for the most important cause.

Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Promotions are good and unlike many other corporations and incorporated companies, they promote from within.
    If the person has the drive they can go from the bottom of the totem pole as being a caller all the way up to running their own call center.
    The cash incentives are great! having the incredible flexibility in when to work is equally fantastic too if you are a college student or single parent.
    The upper management is very inteliigent and can answer almost any question you ask: which has never happened in a company I have worked for.
    I would say the biggest pro is the job itself you get to make phone calls for a great cause and have personel conversations with people, building relaitonships for the organizations and committees you are calling for.
    you also every once in a while get talk to a lot of interesting and famous people.

Cons

The con is sometimes you can become disenfranchised by the negativity of people on the phones who you are spekaing with. This isn't necasarily a con it's just as close as I can come to finding a con about the job.

Become more invested in every employee and respect peoples boundaries. learn to be empathetic or apathetic whenever it's needed.

This job is what you make it.

Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I came here when the economy crapped out and I needed a gig to get me through. Five years later I'm still plugging away. It's a laid back atmosphere. If you choose to work, they'll put you to work. If you want to goof off (there's plenty of people that do), they most likely won't terminate you. You just won't get the opportunities others do. There's a LOT of different kind of folks working here and I dig interacting with them all. The schedule is pretty flexible and they have been super accommodating to my special situation (I work a second job) I really enjoy working for things I believe in. I could never be a salesman... I actually shudder at the thought. But, I like fundraising. I believe in what we're doing and like to think it makes things better.

Cons

Money. If this place payed more I'd stay here for my entire career. I know everyone wishes they made more, but I think if they raised the bar on pay they'd have an easier time holding people accountable when they do the wrong things. Managing workers who sometimes don't care if they lose their job is challenging.

Flexible, Dynamic, Fulfilling

I have been working at Integral Resources

Pros

Flexible schedule, casual professional work environment, goal driven, competitive focus, on the job training, working for Democratic and Progressive nonprofits, rewards

Cons

Pay is similar to other companies in this industry - but industry pay is too low, stress to meet goals, high turnover because job is not for everybody, limited upper management positions

Give raises yearly when performance merits such

Oct 11, 2014Director Call Center Operations

Thanks for the great review. If we owe you a raise let your CCD know and we can work on it. There is company health insurance on the way this year paid 85% by Integral for full timers!

Why I do this work

I have been working at Integral Resources

Pros

Care tremendously about organizations we fundraise for. I am competitive and we always win head to head on projects.

Cons

Limited opportunities to advance past Manager. The job is love it or hate it.

Love the new culture that is building from the bottom up. It is a culture of caring for what our clients' mission is and appreciating the people that get the work done.

Fun, interesting place, but very disorganized

Former Employee - Phone Fundraiser in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Phone Fundraiser in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Integral Resources part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Days and times for work were flexible.
    Pay was average.
    Could work on other things, like reading, puzzles, etc between calls

Cons

Where should I start? First of all, either they hired way too many people or people showed up for whatever shifts they wanted to. It was hard to find a seat sometimes because too many people would show up and not enough seats to do work. You could wait for a seat to open up if it did. Some days you would be waiting all day and no seat would open up, so no work. If you did not work, no pay.
    We collected money for fundraising over the phone. Sometimes the campaigns would change so suddenly that it was hard to keep up. One might not be trained properly for the campaign so have to go to book to study. When the head people see you reading for the campaign, they send you home because you are not on phone collecting money. All they see is dollar signs and nothing else at the company. It would only take 10-15 minutes to learn new campaign, but they still sent you home because you were not making money in those 10-15 minutes.
    The head people were bullies. The women were surprisingly nice, but the men were mean and unprofessional. They always called me into office to pick on me about something. I might have been at work for one hour and have not raised any money over the phone for a fundraiser, so they start insulting me calling me a loser, idiot, failure, etc. Then they send me home. So, if I did not raise money the first hour? If I stayed their a few more hours, I could have raised money. I do not know why they bugged me a lot. I don't think they did it to anyone else. I never saw them do it to anyone else. I got the feeling they picked on me because I was from a different country and thought my culture was strange. It hurt how they insulted me and sent me home for no reason. It got to be too much for me them picking on me and sending me home all the time for learning a new campaign or not making money the first 1-2 hours being there at work. I would like to point out that a lot of people did not raise money the first few hours of work, but I don't know why they did not bother them. The constant insults and them not letting me do my job because wanted to send me home all the time got to be too much. I just stopped showing up to work.

Money is not everything. Treat all people with courtesy and respect no matter what skin color, religion they are.
    If someone is reading a campaign, they are doing their job so they can do the campaign right over the phone when trying to collect money for fundraiser. There is no reason to send person home.
    Money can be made any time and anywhere. It does not have to be made within the first hour or two of work. Also, many people are hesitant to donate money over the phone for fear it could be a scam. The staff at Integral Resources should be smart enough to know that.
    THIS WAS INTEGRAL RESOURCES IN RALEIGH, NC.
    When I left work here and a few months later went to the ESC to find a job, there was a girl working at ESC that use to work at Integral Resources. She said that Integral Resources was a very disorganized place also. Everyone that worked there, head people, were all fired. That was like music to my ears because they harassed me a lot. This young lady that worked at ESC said that she got offered a job as a head person at Integral Resources, but then the job was taken away from her 5 minutes later because they said they decided to not give her the job; she was given the job by accident. Now one knows how bad it was to work at Integral Resources.

Oct 7, 2014Director Call Center Operations

Our Raleigh center has been closed since December 2012. The policy if you show up and a seat is not available is to pay you until one is. You only wait for a seat if you are not scheduled and want ... More

I'd rather collect change on the streets

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Integral Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Multiple shifts every day of the week that often allow flexibility but not a whole lot.

Cons

Management is the problem. There are a lot of hard working people that show up every day but others are allowed to come in whenever they want because they are friends with the CEO at a particular time. The next day the CEO might decide something different depending on which side of the bed he wakes up. Drugs everywhere. Sexual harassment everywhere. The CEO might be doing his own. Management is rude and love to kick you down. Same old story every day. CEO beats the managers. Managers beat the agents. The pain is passed down the chain.

Quit please. Nobody understands you. You are on your own making bad decision after bad decision. Agents complain to supervisors. Supervisors complain to agents. We are all fed up. There is a much talk about agents walking out in unity like a local supermarket chain. I've worked for call centers and also worked under different management here and this is the worst. More money would be great. The problems are about the way everyone is treated. We've been burned, humiliated, and punched down too many times.

Oct 10, 2014Director Call Center Operations

Please come and speak to me whomever you are. If there is someone selling drugs they should be fired.

Justin Borysenko Director of Operations. My door is always open.

We try to do nice things
    ... More

Very organized employer

Current Employee - Tele- Fundraiser in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Tele- Fundraiser in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Integral Resources part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, bonuses, learning what's happening in politics, on-going coaching

Cons

If you don't get enough people donating during your shift, you get sent home.

Keep up the good work! Managers are very knowledgeable about politics and explaining what's going on. They are great motivators.

Low Pay, low rewards, poor management and same response to every concern

Former Employee - Trainer in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Worcester, MA

I worked at Integral Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The five hour shifts are good for intense calling.

Cons

Callers and managers collect food stamps to supplement low pay. Management will respond with a sarcastic comment, "Calling is not for everyone!" Bad management and business models deserve to go bankrupt the sooner the better. The DSCC and DCCC should know this about and go to better company than IRI.

Listen to your intelligent callers who have sales/ management background to inspire callers and make changes or go bankrupt.

Sep 3, 2014Director Call Center Operations

I do not wish to air dirty laundry on this or any forum but this vicious attack leaves me no choice. This supervisor no longer works for Integral Resources.

They had worked for us for over a year
    ... More

Not everyone is meant for call centers

Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Durham, NC

I have been working at Integral Resources part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hours are very flexible. I can come and go as my personal schedule allows. Additionally the management is incredibly friendly and shows a great desire to help you succeed. You also get paid every week, which is fantastic.

Cons

You can and will get sent home if you do not raise enough money. I have tried my hardest to get donations, going beyond the required 3 asks, and still get sent home. This cuts your hours and affects your paycheck. If you work less than the minimum hours, you get paid minimum wage.
    The pay is also terrible. Working in a call center is surprisingly stressful and 7.75/hr is definitely not enough of an incentive.

I don't feel the training that I received adequately prepared me for the job. I would like to have listened to more calls or talk with some of the other employees about their experience working for IRI. I could have gotten a better understanding of the job and probably would have made a different decision in choosing to work there.

Aug 1, 2014Director Call Center Operations

I am sorry you are struggling with the job. As you have said it is just not for everyone. I wish it was as we only get paid if you can do the job well enough to make client goals. Please do ask Robi ... More