Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Marrama

It's a Job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc

ProsPay, leadership, work lfe balance

Constraining, company values, perks, advancement

Unethical company with severe cash flow issues.

I have been working at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are few if any positive things to say about this company other than being hired is slightly better than unemployment.

ConsThey offer below market salary, have a horrendous benefit package and offer no educational or certification reimbursement programs. Company also shows many warning indicators of a failing company: random pay cuts, removal of annual raises, a manic CEO, nervous middle management, continually reduced benefits, layoffs/firings (mysteriously missing w/o notification), pay check/compensation issues, rampant rumors, contract losses, withering business development opportunities, and lack of business diversification. Several former employees missing final checks and vacation payouts. Suspect bankruptcy declaration will be made in near future.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeclare bankruptcy, re-organize, cleanup business practices, and oust the CEO.

An awful work environment

Administration (Current Employee)
Frederick, MD

I have been working at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHigh pay, free clearance, some nice employees

ConsBad hr department, management is unethical, smoking in building, etc

Tried to mess with my unemployment and claim I was fired for cause, when I was temporarily laid off for a 6 month period.
Unethical!!!!!!!!

If you get an interview, just dont go. Not worth the headache.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart worrying about running the business professionally versus overspending for vacations and mistresses.

Laid me off without reason with no severance pay.

Very unpleasant experience

Team Lead (Former Employee)
Frederick, MD

I worked at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsThe back office staff is very friendly and willing to assist when needed. There are a lot of nice employees and contractors that work for ICS. Ability to obtain Security Clearance.

ConsThis is the most unethical place in which I have ever worked. Internal management tactics are very questionable to say the least. If you disagree with the CEO or other Executive Management, you will be on the target list. Management fosters an environment based on fear and most of the time you feel like you are walking on eggshells. The majority of employees walk around the office wondering who will be fired next. The CEO's mood is the mood of the office. If he is in a bad mood, watch out. He will yell and scream and use obscenties without thinking twice. The way in which Management treats employees is unfathomable. Employees are constantly mistreated and put down in front of other team members. I have never been treated so poorly by an employer as I was treated at ICS. The Executive Team smoke in the building - how unprofessional!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to take a good look in the mirror. Running an ethical company may not be as difficult as you think. Treat people with respect as your employees are your greatest asset. Watch frivolous spending and use that money to reward your employees.

Look elsewhere for opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had few when I worked there and It appears to be getting worse.

ConsThe company is not stable and those that remain do so at a highly reduced pay. Communication from the CEO is non-existent. Positivity is rare, empty promises are frequent, morale is low, and worrying about the next pay check is constant. If you are looking for work -- go elsewhere. The constant worry, mediocre pay, and poor benefits are not worth it unless unemployment is your only option.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell if possible

Sinking ship

I have been working at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsNon-management personnel are very friendly and appear dedicated to the job. These people are typically very helpful and willing to help.

Cons* Monthly paycheck
* Missed or delayed annual performance reviews/raises
* Random staff pay cuts
* High turnover
* No performance bonuses
* No training or contract required certification reimbursement
* Poor leadership
* Terrible benefits
* Limited opportunities to move up
* Pay scale not competitive
* Questionable business practices
* Losing business
* Every small -required- expense scrutinized at the highest level

Advice to Senior ManagementSell if possible

Sinking Ship

Pervious Full Time Employee (Former Employee)
Frederick, MD

I worked at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBenefits package is ok.

If you play your cards right, you pretty much never have to show up for work with their "work from home" policy.

Very nice office facility.

ConsThe management staff at ICS thrive on thuggish fear tactics. If you do not give them the answer that they want to hear, they threaten you, belittle you, and generally try to intimidate you.

Eggshells are everywhere, so get used to walking on them. It was normal practices by headquarters employees to hide in their offices if one of the management staff was "having a bad day".

Only pays the employees once a month. It also doesn't help things the checks bounce, or are delayed from hitting the employees bank accounts.

Management staff smokes heavily in the building. Are we in the 70s again?

Highly unethical business practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the doors and sell the company to someone who can actually run a business because you are going nowhere fast.

Just remember that this company sank because of greed, arrogance, and ignorance.

Unstable company

Washington, DC

ProsCompany allows work from home

Cons- High turnover with management
- Company does not keep employees informed of problems with contract
- Company only pays once a month
- Company has trouble making payroll
- Company reduced benefits when they were already mediocre

Unfortunate

Frederick, MD

I have been working at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompensation, good office space, company will put you in for a clearance, flexible hours.

ConsICS employees often times are subject to pay cuts, layoffs, no pay at times. The nepotism is also a huge issue. If you are not family, or "in" with the CEO, you will constantly be in jeopardy of losing your job. It's a reactive environment which creates negative competition between peers and subsequently backstabbing for fear of being terminated. Management believes in driving employees with fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the only reason you're still in the game is because you've had stellar employees who have given up, more than you can imagine, to make ICS successful. The board should also create a monthly budget for the CEO's personal spending that comes out of employee salaries.

Highly unethical and unprofessional

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Frederick, MD

I worked at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc as a contractor for more than a year

ProsSmall company in a good location

ConsICS is a family run business that has a hard time placing qualified people in the right positions. I personally have witnessed family members receive preference over other employees that work up to four times as hard just because they are family. If you are not connected somehow, you will not be treated fairly and your days are numbered no matter how hard you work. There have been questionable situations occurring that in normal circumstances would be investigated but somehow haven't been. I would steer clear of doing business with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementA suggestion is to step down and let other employees handle the intricate details of the company because it is going nowhere fast. Management is to blame for the lack of success.

Worked for Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc CEO John Marrama. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Integrated Communication Solutions, Inc employees.