Integrated Device Technology

www.idt.com

Integrated Device Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Greg Waters

Pros
  • The company is also excellent for someone wanting to have a positive work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Easy going atmosphare, stable work environment, nice benefit coverage like EPO and VSP plan(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Uncertainity in senior management, risk associated with new products(in 8 reviews)

• There's know cross departmental communication across business units(in 3 reviews)

Fab Operator

Fab Operator (Current Employee) Salinas, CA

ProsGreat place to work, a lot of fun too. Every one was like family. Great benefits and perks also.

ConsThey closed the plant. The life of a fab is not that long wish they would of stayed in Salinas area.

New CEO has no clue

Product Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood pay and lots of great people (used to) to work with

ConsNo job security with upper management's practice of secret meetings. You might let go the next day all of sudden.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest way to reduce operation cost is to reduce the number of upper management not the low pay engineers and operators.

New direction is bad

Senior IC Design Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWorked with a lot of great people. Good cooperation across groups and BUs.

ConsNew CEO/board is slashing R&D spending. IDT is going to go down the same path it was 10 years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinvest in the company, not the stock price.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place to work, especially for work/life balance

ProsGood atmosphere to work, good work/life balance

ConsNot many career advancement opportunities

The company is best in class for many of its products. New executive management seems on track to bring prosperity

ProsThis company truly cares for its workforce. Nice campus, great cafe, professional gym and many other amenities. Prosperity is beginning to grow. Above average benefits too.

ConsIn the past, keeping focus on a common charter. The company could invest more in company get-togethers and should continue to boost employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on track

Challenging yet varied.

Account Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsVery good sense of team. Not a lot of politics

ConsProduct line is not very game changing. Hard to grow revenue top line significantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to have more team building events.

It's ok.

ProsIDT is pretty flexible with work/life balance.

ConsUpper management won't make necessary decisions. Company is tight, won't spend money where/when needed. Pay is not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more competitive with salary to retain top talent. Needs better structure and direction.

Downhill since 2009

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery nice campus in south San Jose

ConsI worked there for 4 years. The senior leadership team was generally very immature and lacked ability to lead. I saw VPs that would not be able to operate at a Director level in any other company. High level of entitlement, arrogance, etc. When Ted Tewksbury joined as CEO, the politics increased, and you saw even more title inflations without the corresponding capabilities. While they talked about being conservative with expenses, the execs were spending significant money to knock down walls to expand offices and reconfigure incremental square footage because one VPs office was smaller than his neighbor's.

Great until Starboard raided the company and sacked the CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExciting projects; ambitious people; decent pay.
    Visionary ex CEO Tewksbury. Starboard ousted him and his team.

ConsOnce activist raided the company, many talented people were laid off.
    Business units putting out great products were closed or sold.
    Interim CEO McCreary was a creep. Preyed on women.
    Wireless power group = Iranian Mafia.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to regain the new business and new product edge dulled when
    activist forced sale of business units.
    Need to hire talented people who don't engage in politics.
    Reign in Iranian Mafia.
    Stabilize company and staunch exodus.

Experienced leadership is sorely lacking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThere are some very passionate people working at IDT. They come into work everyday focused on making a positive difference. The company is also excellent for someone wanting to have a positive work life balance. Easy to work from home or flex your schedule to accommodate life's changes.

Cons- most of the executive/senior leadership team are "B" players (at best)
    - constant reorgs, restructures, layoffs, and divestitures
    - no consideration given to how all of continual changes impact morale and productivity
    - talk the talk but not a walk the walk culture

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new CEO needs to take a good hard look at the executive leadership team and determine if whether he has the right mix of talent to move the organization forward.

Worked for Integrated Device Technology? Contribute to the Community!