Integrated Device Technology Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Greg Waters

Pros
  • IDT is pretty flexible with work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Good people who stick together and support each other (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Politics at senior management level, too many changes all the time (in 8 reviews)

• There's know cross departmental communication across business units (in 3 reviews)

1. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I didn't realize how high stress and out of control life was at my last company until coming to IDT. The pace is fast here, but organized.

IDT has recently brought in a fair amount of new leadership, including the CEO. I think that was rough for many people here, but it was completely necessary. The direction the company is taking now is great and there is a real sense that we have focused and achievable goals for the future.

Cons

IDT buys substandard laptops and workstation computers. Not for design as that is all Linux based clusters, but the Windows computers are awful. That might sound like whining, but it directly impacts how fast work gets done. I do see some signs of improvement here, but more work needs to be done.

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse culture with an emphasis on work-life balance, and a supportive environment that enables employees to grow and learn. Good campus location, and in-house amenities. The company is progressive and has leadership that thinks outside of the box.

Cons

The company does not micromanage people, you are responsible for job. For some this is not ideal. Self-managers are more suited to this environment.

3. Great mid size company that has a purpose and culture to succeed

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medium size company, nimble, big enough to provide large company type operational excellence, very good benefits, excellent CEO/CTO/CSO. Manageable politicking, competent people, very good campus, vibrant culture, cafeteria and free gym. Executive staff very friendly and approachable. Unlike other companies where CEO hides behind six doors in a bunker, this CEO walks around and hangs out with "little" people and remembers their names. CTO is fantastic human being and thinks long term and big. He is the best CTO I have seen in my career. Sales organization is the best I have seen thus far. Company thrives on its good relationships with end customers.

Cons

Doesn't want to get into consumer market too much (except wireless charging) and too focused on its niche market segment (not a bad con, is it?) some groups are little "too" lean and risk poor execution and sometimes disappoint customers.

Advice to Management

Take more measured risks and remember "not all those who wander are lost." Cash in the bank isn't doing anybody any good. So invest in R&D and more strategic areas (automotive, as an example, is being disrupted so get in now). I think wireless charging efforts should be de-emphasized or unit should be sold altogether as it does not align with company's area of expertise. Buy bulk membership to consortia (IEEE, CPES to name few). All in all, bright people, bright future for this company.

5. Couldn't be happier

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

support learning and growth
    work with brilliant teams
    develop leaders from within
    stimulating work environment
    creating cool technology that makes a difference in everyday life

Cons

conservative fiscal policy means sometimes smaller budgets

Advice to Management

keep up the amazing work!

6. Just don't stick your neck out and you will be fine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Sincere, caring leadership team and cool new products and roadmap.

Cons

Politics between the "old" and "new" cultures. Finger pointing between and within business units. HR is still old school despite some innovative new development initiatives. Feedback is often viewed as a negative.

Advice to Management

Out with the old, in with the new. Walk the talk.

7. Great Growing Company

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology

Pros

Bonuses, Work Environment. Work and Lift balance. The company is gaining market share. The CEO is doing a good job. The stock price is growing.

Cons

Creating and Setting goals with your manager can be problematic. It is nott entirely clear how the promotion structure works.

8. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company with great Sr. Mgmt. and people to work with. Setting high goals and having the right vision.

Cons

need to work long hours due to overseas communication.

9. Staff

Current Employee - Senior IC Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior IC Design Engineer

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology

Pros

New executive team is good. Working environment is good. People who has long years usually paid pretty low. Overall layback culture.

Cons

Middle management team poor. On job training poor. Lack of learning opportunities.

10. Enjoyed my time there, which wasn't long enough

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time

Pros

There was a good working environment at IDT. The stress levels were manageable, and there was enough scope to work on "pet" projects as well as the main role.

Cons

It's not glamorous, like the "new tech" companies. And one group - the Analog Products Division - were constantly under pressure, since they were considered the future direction of the company. Also, there were management upheavals and M&A activities which caused job losses (including mine!) as the company looked for a new direction.

11. Staff Engineer

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice buildings, plenty of perks here and there. Work from home was really not an option but since the offices were nice, it wasn't a big deal.

Cons

HR is either dishonest or unqualified. Technical work was often directed by management bonus's, not by true market need.

Advice to Management

You are too far from your employees. You ought to consider "skip level" talks more. The managers right above me were lying about schedules openly--how did you not know that?

RSS Feed </> Embed