Integrated Device Technology

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey McCreary

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall it was a good company, but it has its bad points

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay was good. There is a cafeteria and a gym on-site. The CAD and IT support was some of the best I have seen.

ConsI often ended up working evenings and weekends to satisfy managers. There was a lot of pressure to get things done according to schedules. It is difficult to design a project on a schedule, because we rarely know what to expect. Ted Tewksbury left as CEO a few months ago; now they have an interim CEO which has created a lot of uncertainty,

Advice to Senior ManagementWireless Power definitely appears extraordinary, even magical, at trade-shows, but I doubt that they will sell as many as they expect to. I think that the plug in charging systems will always offer higher efficiency at a lower cost.

Experienced leadership is sorely lacking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time

ProsThere are some very passionate people working at IDT. They come into work everyday focused on making a positive difference. The company is also excellent for someone wanting to have a positive work life balance. Easy to work from home or flex your schedule to accommodate life's changes.

Cons- most of the executive/senior leadership team are "B" players (at best)
- constant reorgs, restructures, layoffs, and divestitures
- no consideration given to how all of continual changes impact morale and productivity
- talk the talk but not a walk the walk culture

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new CEO needs to take a good hard look at the executive leadership team and determine if whether he has the right mix of talent to move the organization forward.

Investments cut to the bone - Activist shareholders forcing into harvest mode

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsDedicated employees struggling to keep things moving

ConsResources cut to nothing, archaic data systems, abusive management

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck losing the shareholder chokehold. Without investment in new technology there is no hope.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Abandon Ship

Regional Sales and Marketing Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis will take a lot of digging since I couldn't think of anything positive about the company

ConsExecutive culture is Byzantine with firewalls within each business unit; the Analog and Power Division missed all product launch milestones and market windows due to incompetent project and design management. Previous claims about design leadership in wireless power are all in the gutter due to post-launch product flaws.

There has been already an exodus of senior level sales, marketing and applications personnel since December 2013 that is a clear indication of a sinking ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew CEO needs to fire all his direct reports and start fresh with realistic goals sans OMG market forecasts provided by incumbent GMs'

Good company, slow paced

Product Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood work life balance. Fellow employees are understanding. Presently consolidating the business but not sure if this will succeed

ConsLow pay, stock is going no where. Lot of employees not happy with the direction. Feel like they have limited say. Reviews not very efefctive

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into career paths and salary

Good and friendly work environment

Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood management and corporate culture, nice campus and canteen, free drinks, flexible work hours,

ConsProduct road map aren't always well defined. Need better plan execution and project management

Advice to Senior ManagementMore and better communications to individual product groups

Can't quite get on track or diversify successfully out of timing

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company feels, and is, quite small despite being public. One can have a significant impact at IDT.

ConsThe company is struggling to define itself. Being a small cap company, it still tries to maintain a broadline product portfolio which makes it very difficult for BUs, manufacturing and sales to succeed. Further, constant senior management changes prevent the company from executing on any plan in any meaningful way.

Advice to Senior ManagementIDT ought to be sold to a broadline semiconductor company that can support its disparate product lines. Otherwise, it ought to divest from nearly all businesses other than silicon timing products, which are its bread and butter.

Amazing place to work for

IT Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent work environment, people and management

ConsLacks scope for growth and development

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the god work

Overall good company but lacking the drive of a top tier player.

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsGood people who stick together and support each other. Wide breadth of products.

ConsNot very fast moving or ambitious attitude or change the world mentality. Most of the time seemed happy to be a player rather than the leader in a field.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to become a leader in a significant market.

Could be better

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Integrated Device Technology part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat mid size company to wprk for if you want to work somewhere that makes you feel like you are part of a family. Most of the staff is awesome (individual contributors all the way to Ted the CEO). Great location to major freeways. Company parties throughout the year (on campus).

ConsForget getting recognized for a job well done (unless you are in Sales or an Engineer). Some of the staff in Corp Marketing treat their employees like slaves/"girl friday". People like to take the credit for all your hard work and give you no recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat your employees with respect and appreciation. Pay attention to those ethics and compliance classes because some of you are in TOTAL violation.

Worked for Integrated Device Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Integrated Device Technology reviews and ratings in San Jose, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Integrated Device Technology CEO Jeffrey McCreary. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Integrated Device Technology employees.