Integrated Marketing Services

2.7

Jill Griffin

Time at IN Marketing

I worked at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great wealth of knowledge amongst senior staff.

Cons

Knowledge is not regularly shared.

Keep an open mind to change and diversity.

Re: notice company description

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Junior Account Executive

I have been working at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

prepare to make a mistake.

Cons

this company is a set up. noticed in the description, without unlocking their profile everything remains private. revenue is not noted, and I firmly believe this company changes its name every time they screw up, or when someone starts to smell a rat. watch out people you will not make it here over a year because that is impossible.

the potential for this company would be legit if they truthfully marketed and followed up with what they tell prospective employees. if I cannot find any information on a particular company, red flag is ultimately raised. whoever is behind this, needs to closely examine personal ethics and values and not promise kids straight out of college that they are scouring the ultimate job. if anything you are teaching them not to give up. when one door opens... shut your doors. Fast

Tough Market - Good Company

Current Employee - Account Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow, fast paced. Use this job as a stepping stone to your next job. This company invests in annual conventions for many of the reps and offers great perks like travel cards so you don't have to be reimbursed depending on the client. Enjoy travel and on the job training.

Cons

Not a job for those interested in longevity as contracts are changing on an annual basis with various clients. If you are looking for great benefits, this is not the place. Know that their profit margin is the difference in what the client pays them for you and what they pay you. Negotiate your salary because the bonuses are not reliable.

Make bonus plans more fair and reliable. Upgrade your reporting systems.

The Grass is ALWAYS Greener on the Other Side - I love IN

Pros

Flexibility is a huge plus - you have autonomy and are encouraged to take leadership with your client business. We are well INtegrated with our clients and I see a very strong, and positive direction for this company. Lots of new business wins with many others on the horizon. I truly believe the business is IN good hands and has a lot of momentum moving into 2015, making up for all the lost revenue with the Unilever departure in a very short amount of time. IN's leadership has made a substantial investment in those loyal to the company, and I foresee a continuation of that trend.

Cons

Quite honestly, the biggest con with this company, isn't about the actual company itself! There are too many people that complain about every little thing related to their job. It's annoying when all of these entitled little girls moan and groan about any ripple that comes into their world. This stuff isn't that hard! It isn't manual labor... it isn't child birth... can it be mentally exhausting sometimes? Sure, but what job can't be from time to time? We really don't have it that bad. The grass is always greener on the other side.

The good news is that most of those people are now GONE and have taken their negativity with them to their next destination. IN is a better company than what this site makes it appear.

Continue with the open and honest communication you've had with us over the past two years (ever since Lisa Klauser came in to attempt to right the ship). From what I can see, Lisa is a straight-shooter with a very strong drive to make IN the best in the country in Shopper Marketing. One of the most common complaints that I hear is the lack of career advancement structure. You won't know if/when your next promotion is coming, and it isn't always merrit based. A system of expection with planned progression, raises and bonuses would be a very welcome change.

I am optimistic about the future of this company and I can't wait to share in the journey!

Director, Business Development

Former Employee - Director, Business Development in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Business Development in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

:Hard working team and management. Exciting internship program.

Cons

Work-life balance is touted, but not modeled or supported. Management changed frequently, I reported to 4 VPs in 2 years.

Trust your people and stick with a strategy/team.

Not illegal -- but immoral

Former Employee - Director in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Director in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The enormous field team is amazing and I enjoyed working with them. Additionally, I enjoyed working with my co-workers and still have amazing relationships with many of them.

Cons

The corporate culture is one founded in fear and uncertainty. The unhealthy culture is due to their most egregious pattern of "laying off" people who challenge them. When I was hired I was sure the executive leadership team believed in the upside down pyramid of leadership service -- where they valued diversity of opinion and collaboration with their subordinates. But it became apparent during my tenure that the executive leadership team was focused exclusively on their personal payouts received from the recent company acquisition.

My advice is to the board of directors of the holding company that purchased ASM. Take a close look at the leadership skills of your top executives at Integrated Marketing Services.

Sad

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing a network of friends across the nation from internal and external projects.

Cons

I don't know how to put it into words other than a house of cards ready to fall.

Be a company your employees are proud to work for.

Good place to work with good people

Current Employee - Account Executive in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, work from home, ownership of clients, leadership is usually responsive and quick to offer help when needed, management will have conversations with you about career goals and what you need to do to get there.

Cons

Schaumburg office doesn't have very many people in it anymore, just implemented new process that has a few kinks to work out over time

Recognize hardwork of employees and promote within.

Shopper Marketing Agency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have the sales/broker backing of Advantage Sales and Marketing. They put a lot of weight in their insights team both pre and post program development. The allow for a nice work/life balance. If you need to work from home you can. Have some really good people working their

Cons

In a bit of a transition now that they have lost the Unilever business. Trying to re-establish their internal process and ways of working. The creative's ego sometimes over rules account services knowledge and experience.

Follow through on training. I was talked a lot about but not a lot actually happened. There were a lot of chiefs and not a lot of indians to actually do the work. And many of the chiefs did not know how to do the day to day things and therefore did not understand the struggles of those doing the day to day things.

Going down the tubes...Fast!

Current Employee - Blank in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Blank in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Integrated Marketing Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work, life balance. Low key environment.

Cons

Management plays favorites, over looks many talented people and rewards the ones who "Drink the Koolaid" and say "We. win Together". management hides in there offices and has no idea what is happening in the trenches. Our company was built on an inside deal with Unilever and Not hard work and talent, now that Unilever has moved on...not much left.

Stop hiring kids right out of school who just want to to party and hire people who can lead.
    The last president of the company famously said, "you don't have to be good to work for Integrated...just be part of the culture". You can't keep talent with that attitude, it's demoralizing to the the people with skills who want to make a difference.