Integrated Medical Systems International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gene Robinson

Entry level Medical Sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIMS is a good opportunity to get into medical sales

-schedule can be very flexible
    -work life balance. Vacationing is hard as a rep, but the day to day work life balance is great. You run your territory like your own company so you can schedule around your own needs.
    -great opportunity to get your foot in the door as a medical rep
    -if you are a top rep, you can make good-great money
    -selling repair services as a 3rd party company in this economy is a great niche as healthcare groups are looking for cost savings.

Cons-overall very low pay if you are not top 20% of reps
    -they nickel and dime you on expenses. You pay your own car mileage, your own cell phone bill (they only give you $50), and all other expenses including office supplies and customer entertainment.
    -bigger company that acts like a small company
    -good ol' boys club mentality with upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your reps, if you continue to treat reps like they are a dime an dozen, you are going to lose the top reps to other companies. They will realize that the grass is greener.

Modify incentive plan to keep reps.

Factory assembly line work in a hospital

Cst (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsFair benefits, positive recognition when performing well and a whole 30 minutes for lunch!

ConsManagement talks out of both sides of the corporate mouth. They want speed and they want no mistakes. They can't have both. Management wants an specific number of trays per hour with no mistakes. Some of these trays have 100's of instruments. Drop below that number, you get counseled. Make a mistake, you get counseled. You get told there is someone waiting to take your place, so straighten up. The attrition model of business? The motto for the company to to believe that a loved one in on the operating table. Damned if I want to make the minimum number of trays and risk missing something. If each shift were properly staffed then accuracy could be the focus and not numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the above

The most shady company I've ever worked for..,

Clinical Ops Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsA paycheck, a different area of new experience.

ConsVP and Corp filling you full on lies..
    No scheduled hours, never know when they will "let you leave" for the day. Managers bully and manipulate you- and retaliate against you if you have the courage to stand up for you fed rights. From HR to Corp down to entry manager/ they have no communication skills and no professionallizm. I'm ashamed I ever worked for this company. They sucked the life and want to out of me.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to do things the ethical and legal way. Don't lie to your emplyees just for your benifits- and hire people who have experience- instead of the new model to hire all different backgrounds (meaning you can hire someone for cheap) treat your employees the way you would treat your best customer

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Non competitive sweat shop wages combined with bully tactics from management

Technician (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsDecent hard working people on the production staff provide the atmosphere of an acceptable working environment.

ConsThe wages and insurance are absolutely horrible and provide very little in the way of a living standard. Management staff engages in bullying of staff to get higher production numbers and often threaten termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the nepotism and remember who actually is making the company money.

Great Work Atmosphere, Felt like Family

Shipping Specialist II (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsManagement respected and appreciated your opinion. Co-Workers were easy to get along with. Got rewarded for the a Job well done.

ConsThe Hire and Fire aspect was all to surreal. When the company was booming they hired like crazy, when it was down they fired like crazy. Not a way to treat employees....Find a happy medium

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Very good environment, but not much room to grow

Junior IT Developer (Former Employee) Homewood, AL

ProsVery good work environment
    Coworkers are very nice
    Management is very helpful and understanding
    Travel for conferences available
    Genuine concern for your well-being and family

ConsNot much room to grow
    Raises are sporadic, if they happen at all
    Some double-talk from upper management about parts of compensation / benefits
    Use of antiquated technology

Advice to Senior ManagementI was extremely happy to work at Integrated Medical Systems International
    Create a policy for remote working for applicable employees
    Come up with a way to do merit raises

Would be a good place to work if top level management would value employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cooper City, FL

ProsGood place to gain experience, many talented people, much potential to be a great company

ConsManagement consistently lies to employees about making poor profits as an excuse for low salaries, no bonuses and lack of salary increases while in the same breath employees are told how well they are doing and how the company is growing exponentially. They think we are stupid. employee moral is lowest ive seen in a company. Zero value of knowledge or experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say that your employees are your greatest asset but you dont reward them monitarily. People work for money PERIOD! If you are going to spend money frivolously try to hide it better because its a slap in the face of your greatest asset!
    Invest in your people a little more and watch your revenue grow

Short Term Employment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsHigh Salary and Ample Benefit Package. Good for short term, temporary employment until you can
    find something better.

ConsGame playing, manipulation, back stabbing, wasteful company, who want their image portrayed as philanthropic. IMS does not value employees, mass firings with no warning when spending is out of control.

Fine if you don't mind kissing up to the "Good Old Boys"

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsPretty good product and turnaround time.
    Some good people.
    Good stepping stone into better medical or pharmaceutical sales jobs.
    Can be a great job if you "inherit" a great territory or if you aren't blocked from sales by contracts.

ConsUmmm... chewing tobacco and spitting by interviewers!... I guess that's okay for amusement!
    There are a couple of people at the top who are controversial figures... "bad boys" per se... they continue where they are because they are part of the Good Old Boys".
    Territory management and changes are not always based on performance, but sometimes on convenience and other prejudicial factors.
    Management changes keep you from receiving needed support.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo tobacco chewing/spitting while interviewing!
    Get some women at the top... they could balance the problems in management.
    Excercise greater care in hiring and firing decisions.

Worked for Integrated Medical Systems International? Contribute to the Community!