Integrated Merchandising Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Rick Remick

My experience was mostly positive.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Franklin, WI

ProsBenefits, bonuses, people, learning opportunities

ConsSenior management team is not aware of what is happening within departments.
    Senior management team doesn't value opinions of customer service representatives or distribution associates.
    People are not promoted because they are qualified for positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.
    Promote 'qualified' employees.
    Keep employee information/confidences confidential.

Dysfunctional Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company is competitive in their pay structure and has a great PTO plan. They often have four-day holidays as well, which is great!

ConsThe organizational structure is flat, so promotions are rare. There is a lot of political back-stabbing going on among many employees, in an effort to schmooze the upper management. It's apparent that there are 'favorites' and some of the favorites are the office bullies. When I worked there, several people were looking for other jobs, because they were so miserable. Steer clear of this company if you don't like office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management: Develop and exercise your leadership skills, instead of only relying on middle management to do this. Find a way to eliminate the toxic work environment.

Overall good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morton Grove, IL

ProsCompany morale gatherings; Good benefits and bonuses

ConsNot always good senior leaders at company that have strong leadership qualities

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shady place to work, but great benefits

Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) Morton Grove, IL

ProsThe benefits are really the only pro for working here. The yearly bonus is nice (based off of your review), and there's plenty of PTO time to use.

ConsWhen hired I was told they "promote from within." In the 2 years I have been there, I have seen numerous positions filled by outside people, while employees are passed over. The management is kind of shady, and transparency is not their friend.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep valued, hard working employees, then you should do something about promoting them/compensating them fairly. Several times new people in the same position would start with a higher salary than those that had been there longer and had degrees/experience.

IMS is a poorly managed company, particularly in their Oak Brook office.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

Pros-Decent holiday schedule.
    -Decent paid time off allowed.
    -You will learn what NOT to do when it comes to managing a department professionally.

Cons-Blatant disregard of company handbook by management; family is not allowed to report to other family members, yet this happens at IMS.
    -Customer Service manager is immature and uneducated.
    -Major disconnect between management and employees.
    -The customer service manager is more concerned with telling people what to do than actually producing high quality work.
    -IMS uses outdated computer software.
    -President of the Oak Brook office is clueless when it comes day-to-day processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrated Merchandising Systems should look to become more professional and knowledgeable internally. Their best move would be to relieve the customer service manager of all their duties and authority. The customer service manager should undergo management training and obtain a college degree before being given the opportunity to manage employees. If the Human Resources department was not so concerned trying to create an image of being feared, they might realize what a poor job management is doing in some areas of the company.

Terrible management, low salary

ProsCo-workers at the same level were lovely

ConsLong hours, little rewards, low salary

now this is smart job

Merchandising (Current Employee) Nārāyanganj (Bangladesh)

ProsThis job is very challenging. i like challenge. and also this is very smart job.

Constoo much time should be given for this job.

Advice to Senior Managementi think office time should be 8to 9 hours acceptableness.

Not a positive place to work

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefit package is good. Employees receive extra time off around each holiday. My team members were a great group of people.

ConsNo opportunities for advancement or growth. Upper management not concerned with growing their employees. Upper management has the tendency to "talk out of both sides of their mouths" and unfairly target employees that do not "kiss up" to management. Salary not in line with the amount of work and level of responsibility. Always expected to be "on call" even when on vacation or taking paid time off. A lot of redundancy in systems (entering the same information in multiple places). Definitely not a place for an entrepreneurial or creative person (even though that is what's written in the account executive job description).

Worked for Integrated Merchandising Systems? Contribute to the Community!