Integrated Project Management Company

Updated May 20, 2014

Rich Panico

Outstanding people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEmployees are amazing, smart, fun people - always willing to help!

ConsProjects can be quite demanding.

Unkind

Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat opportunity to learn and a lot of very intelligent team members. The idea of this company is great and provides a lot of exposure.

ConsThe structure is ridiculous, they scrutinize you for a year and do not help you to grow unless it is exactly as they want it. I would not recommend this company to anyone who is young in there career and innovative. This company made me question my ability and was very condescending. They say they are like a family, but as new comer you are NOT welcome unless you conform to what they want you to be. They tell you they are about work life balance, but then are unhappy when you choose your real family over them!

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach!

Integrated Project Management Company Employer Representative responded to this review

Jun 19, 2014

There is no doubt that IPM’s standards are high, and we do focus on delivering very high quality with a consistent look regardless of the consultant assigned. Acknowledging that we can always ... More

Excellent history, growth is challenging leadership.

Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsStrong set of core values set by original founder and core leadership.
    Strong client relations.
    Good team collaboration.
    Strong focus on knowledge content development and consultant training - excellent opportunity for less experienced consultants with good leadership potential.

ConsInternal management system is severely mismatching the company culture and also the level of experience of consultants.
    Reconsider the formal attire events - very outdated and sends a strange message.
    HQ sometimes feel out of sync with the consultants (remember who is out there serving the client base)

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your management system and metrics system - don't fall down by going to a command and control mentality as you manage your impressive growth. Congratulations on remaining true to your core values for over 20 years - ensure the management philosophies, and traits present in your levels of leadership, are clearly aligned to support this.

Jun 19, 2014

Thanks for the thorough review; we appreciate your comments. We are always trying to ensure that our systems/structure match our needs, and we will continue to evaluate.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has good benefits and pays bonuses. They do provide educational and certification training reimbursement. The midlevel director management is kind, smart and ethical.

ConsThe company's whole ethical leadership thing is a well orchestrated facade. It's their sales pitch to new recruits but not really the truth. The truth is that they are not overly evil, but not ethical either. The hilarious part is that they eat everyone to think they are ethical.

What they are (they being Panico and a handful of his long time lackeys) are money hungry and wanting to be kept in the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

They hire awesome people and put them on any project they can get, which is usually staff August lame stuff. I was bored and underutilized the while time I was there.

I watched my peers get sabotaged when they tried to leave the company by the management. Warning all, REALLY scrutinize that non compete agreement! Even companies that no longer employ these bozos will be off limits.

The management would have these lame ra ra quarterly meeting that they would force the entire company nationwide to attend, they are usually tense and painful.

The senior mgt layer is the worst. They actually come off slimy when you get to know them. That is why the company tends to be a 1.5-2 ur revolving door

Advice to Senior ManagementGosh this is hard, they are mildly sociopathic, so nothing may help a core personality style like that. I guess I would advise being real.

Jun 19, 2014

IPM strives to care sincerely for each employee and to provide both a meaningful professional experience and fulfilling personal relationships. We clearly missed the mark with this reviewer, and ... More

An amazing company with a strong culture!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt's a small company. You know everyone. There is a sense that great things happen when IPM is involved and it shows in the work product of each and every individual who works there.

ConsYou wait your turn. It's a small company and mobility takes time.

Jun 19, 2014

We are a small company – but intent on growth, and with growth will come opportunities. New types of projects and new client/industry exposure are also important avenues which we exploit for our ... More

Great company! The culture, people, and professionalism are great to be around.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

ProsThe people are "good people". I love going to work every day.
    Company is respected in the industry.
    Feel like part of a family.
    Health benefits are great (100% for me and my family)
    Feedback is frequent and honest (I always know exactly where I stand)
    Everyone in the company is accessible.
    High caliber of employees push me to be better every day.
    Collaborative culture makes everyone better.

ConsIf you are out to make the most money possible in the industry, this is not for you.
    Although usually local, commute can be cumbersome depending on your client.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to balance commute with a person's hours worked each week.

Jun 19, 2014

The Chicago commute! UUUGGGHHHHHH! (And San Francisco and Boston and LA!) We do feel and understand your pain.

Great people

Marketing and Business Development (Current Employee) Burr Ridge, IL

Prospeople, values, benefits. The organization is very well organized and people are generally very helpful and talented.

ConsSmall, not much room for advancement. Too many meetings that don't accomplish enough.

Good consulting firm for mid level project managers

Project Management Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsBrand name clients, good benefits, honest, ethical leadership, exposure to lots of projects, clients, and industries.

ConsToo many non-strategic projects, more of a staff augmentation role than strategic consulting, very conformist culture, conservative and slow to change, long term engagements that can involve traveling for months or years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix gap between hiring very experienced OLd, stating you're a strategic consulting firm, but then repeatedly taking low value staff augmentation PM jobs.

Worked for Integrated Project Management Company? Contribute to the Community!