Integrated Project Management Company Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Integrated Project Management Company Founder, President & CEO C. Richard Panico
C. Richard Panico

1. Featured Review

A home

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that make up this company are simply the best. Incredibly smart, gifted and savvy. The values of this organization are not made up, but are at the heart and on the lips of everyone who is fortunate enough to work here (This starts with Rich Panico and filters down through the entire organization) This company cares for its people and it feels more like a family that any other organization I have been a part of. What's better, this company listens to its employees and is willing to evolve as long as evolving does not compromise the values that form the foundation of its existence. They have created a more defined career path to ensure the talented people who work here can see a long term future with IPM. Quality is recognized and rewarded. I am grateful to belong to this family.

Cons

Typical cons of being a consultant. You spend most of your time at client sites and not at IPM (so you don't get to be around the amazing culture as much as you would like). There are commutes and they can be long depending on the client you are assigned.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold fast to the values that make this company great and one of a kind. Continue your willingness to grow and evolve so that your influence can impact more organizations and people.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Feb 25, 2015

Thank you for your comments. It is gratifying to know that you feel the values, and see the benefits of remaining true to them. We appreciate you being part of our family!

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company walks the talk. They understand the employees are their most valuable asset and treat them like family. They make you feel valued. The culture, team collaboration, and transparency is refreshing.

Cons

Nothing the organization can do about this, but It is a smaller organization and opportunities for advancement are limited.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Business Development Executive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Integrated Project Management Company part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Integrated Project Management is an incredibly ethical and competent professional project management firm that executes and implements a company's highest level and most strategically imperative objectives. I had the pleasure of working closely with IPM for 4 years and value their processes, people, collaboration, commitment to excellence and friendship.

Cons

There are no cons. IPM has high standards for their people, product and proprietary processes. Definitely not a fit for the employee who just wants to get by. Phenomenal place for talented people who want to excel in the world of professional project management.

Advice to Management

Great company-- amazing ability to maintain a sense of family and personal recognition in the workforce. Company's growth, expansion and commitment to excellence are most impressive.

Just Another Consulting Company

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Integrated Project Management Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 'PM consultants' are good people to work with; always willing to help each other; the company has good medical benefits; other benefits and compensation is at par or below comparable firms. PMCs have a fair amount of autonomy with clients.

Cons

Middle management is not empowered to make decisions, some managers are inexperienced; no clear career development path; company is intent on checking off it's goals rather than developing a strategic plan to grow revenue.

Advice to Management

Develop a partnership with clients who are looking for strategic and expert input rather than project coordinators.

6. Project Management Consultant

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company (More than 3 years)

Pros

IPM exemplifies values based leadership in action. I feel like my work is valued, and I am proud to be part of the IPM family.

Cons

The downside at IPM is similar to that of most consulting jobs. Commuting to client sites is a challenge, at times. Some projects are less interesting and/or challenging than others.

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue challenging, strategic, or diverse projects.

Great Place to Work!!!

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here at IPM are the absolute best to work with and under. From the CEO, to Sr. Management to fellow PMC's, everyone wants success for each other. This is not an environment where you will be suppressed for any reason. Positively the most favorable work environment that anyone could ask for. I've heard about the culture here at IPM for years, but never actually thought it would be this enlightening and gravitational. The quality of employees that IPM gains and retains is truly impressive. And the fact that they are willing to drop what they are doing to help a team member is second to none. Due to the enormous talent that surrounds me everyday, I am inspired to be the very best that I can for myself, my client, and IPM. IPM did not get the reputation it has today because it has hired sub-par employees, they hire the best and because they truly want to be the best. The opportunity for professional growth and intellectual development are immense. IPM has clients from life sciences, construction, industrial, healthcare and consumer products. This diversity allows employees to branch out from their normal arenas and learn something new and challenging. From mid-level to Sr. management everyone wants success for the company and they check the egos at the door. The benefits package is the best that I have ever had through an employer. IPM pays 100% of my healthcare for me and my family and covers 80% of any deductible that we may incur. It is absolutely unheard of in any industry. This action alone shows that they truly and sincerely care for employees and their families.

Cons

The only con about IPM, and to be honest, it is totally out of their control, would be the commute to client sites. IPM does do a great job of balancing that commute by assigning you to a closer project to home if at all possible. It's better than having to jump on a flight every couple days though!

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Titusville, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Titusville, NJ

Pros

A great place to work, learn, and grow!!! There are options for travel assignments and working in a broad range of industries.

Cons

Not a place for someone who settles for good enough.

Advice to Management

What they say is what they do! The culture promoted by senior leadership inspires collaboration and camaraderie! They truly walk the talk when it comes to honesty, integrity, caring, respect, responsibility, excellence, spirituality, and humiliation.

Happy to be part of the IPM family!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Integrated Project Management Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IPM has a family feel where people are the top priority. The management team are very talented and caring people who focus on getting the most out of every employee. The culture is great for developing relationships with regular social and charity events. IPM is also a rare consulting company where most of the clients are local to that office. There is also a very wide variety of project types and industries that will keep you excited and energized. This is a company that you could definitely stay for your entire career. I feel lucky to be part of IPM.

Cons

Some of the daily commutes can be long depending on the city and client, but you also will be local and not on an airplane every week.

Advice to Management

Quarterly all company meetings, charity and social committee activities are great. Keep the momentum going! There are great things happening at IPM right now and it is exciting to be part of it.

10. Company delivers on promises.

Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Management Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

The big plus is the incredible team of folks. Everyone seems to competent on his/her own accord and the interaction among co-workers acts as a force multiplier.

Cons

Company is rooted in life sciences. Opportunities outside of the anchor industry are not as plentiful for those looking for a change of pace.

Advice to Management

The strategy applied for controlled growth seems a bit conservative.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Feb 25, 2015

Thanks for sharing your thoughts – especially “force multiplier.” Great way to phrase how engaging “IPM” is so much better than simply securing “a PM.” You are certainly correct that the majority ... More

Team of dedicated professionals

Pros

Inspirational founder, and respected firm.

Cons

Inexperienced first line managers is not on par with level of senior leaders.

RSS Feed </> Embed