Integrity Express Logistics

Updated August 11, 2014
Updated August 11, 2014
3.2

Pete Ventura

Stay focused, work hard, and you will be successful. Get to know your co-workers and have fun along the way!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Integrity Express Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is mainly hands on which helps to speed up the learning curve. Peers and support staff are there to help, all if you have to do is ask. The company is focused on being successful more than just growth. Low turnover rate compared to industry norms, starting salary is above average which brings in quality new hires. Schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm w/ an hour lunch break, weekends and holidays are not required. By putting in extra time and effort you will stand out, earn respect, and can make life changing money relatively quickly. I love that I get to be myself, talk to industry people from all over the country, and don't have to worry about brokers in the office trying to impede on your business. A smaller sales force gives brokers the benefit of being able to call on an unlimited about of potential clients. Individual and company revenue is transparent which encourages healthy competition. The amount of money you want to make is really up to you....yes, you read that correctly.

Cons

Health insurance is expensive if you have dependents. Technology and phone system is improving, but IT department needs to increase staff and develop more efficient processes to meet growing business demand.

Great to see a leadership team that doesn't believe in putting each employee under a microscope. Employees really enjoy the sales competitions, new hire luncheons with the CEO, and company outings. The chain of command is very clear cut and everyone knows who to reach out to when they need help. The more money brokers make usually just means they spend more, adding some leadership / management / mentoring opportunities to the discussion could help keep employees motivated and provide more outlets for developing brokers.

Great Springboard

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Great coworkers, engaging management, opportunity for huge advancement, work on your own

Cons

No company generated leads, always on call 24/7, lacking a functional hierarchical management,

More structure, provide company generated leads, form sales teams (sales side and trucking side)

Advice to Owners....

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Ideal position for a person without a college degree that has a strong work ethic.

Not a bad entry level position for someone out of college to gain experience and hopefully decent money.

Cons

Lack of respect and loyalty towards employees.

Cut throat work environment.

A few "bad apples" in management are really affecting the company culture.

1. Take a good look at your management structure and trim the fat. There is one sales manager in particular (if you spend some time there its obvious who this is) that should be demoted back to a broker to generate revenue instead of trying to intimidate employees with his lack of management and social skills. This type of manager is only making your employees resentful and unhappy, thus creating lower productivity.

2. Create a work environment that fosters the growth of your employees. Don't try and use intimidation to strike fear into them.

3. Create company values and stick to them.

4. Focus on long term goals rather than short term ("get rich quick") victories. The CEO does a good job at this, but its clear that other executives aren't in line with this.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start

I worked at Integrity Express Logistics

Pros

You get what you put in to the job, the amount of success you have depends on how many sales calls you make on a daily basis

Cons

No particular cons on working with IEL, pay structure is great and management works to help you succeed. As with any other freight brokerage, you are on call 24/7 and the industry can be rough.

Making it up as they go along

I worked at Integrity Express Logistics full-time

Pros

Income potential is great if you can get the right customers or if you grew up with management

Cons

Its all about the money, if you're one of the top salesmen you can do whatever you want, whether its legal or not. Management cannot pass a drug test and its well known.

Successful companies enforce their policies across the board. Try that.

Wonderful company to work for

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Integrity Express Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a family owned business that really cares about their employees. The managers and owners are very engaged in what is going on in the company and I feel they genuinely care about all of their employees. There are numerous fun company outings throughout the year and there is an opportunity to make a lot of money. This is a sales organization so the only people I see who arent successful are those who do not have great worth ethic and the drive to succeed. There have only been 3 people to leave the company in the 4 years that I have worked here, a very low turnover rate, and the only ones I saw get fired were the ones that absolutely deserved it.

Cons

You may have to forward your phone after hours to your cell, but this is so your customers can get a hold of you if they need to, a lot of times you are making money when you get these calls, so this isnt always a bad thing.

Keep up the great work! The company is growing exponentially and I want to be a part of it for a long time coming.

I wouldn't suggest this position for my worst enemy.

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Integrity Express Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make a load of money. Young employees. Company is growing. If you have the chops to stick it out, it'll pay off in 3 years.

Cons

Nearly everything about this job is a con. Since this company is a newer company, look up reviews for Total Quality Logistics, and go with that. This company is owned by former employees of TQL. The name "Integrity" is humorous after you've spent any amount of time there. There is no integrity in this position. You will need to forward your work phone to your cell phone when you use the restroom. Forget what a lunch break looks like. When you leave for the night, you got it, forward that work phone to your cell phone again. If this doesn't sound that bad to you, I suggest you get a job there, as you will fit right in. The fact that I'm wasting my time reviewing this company is irritating to me. I'm just trying to give a genuine perspective for those who are considering this company. By the way, if you see a bunch of positive reviews, look at the date they are submitted. The only reason this company has won awards like "Best workplace" and the such, are because management sends out multiple emails a day telling employees to fill out surveys, or leave reviews. If you have one ounce of decency in you, please, don't work here.

Great place to work

Pros

Rapidly growing, family owned company in the logistics industry

Cons

Thankfully, none at this time.

Worked for Integrity Express Logistics? Contribute to the Community!