Integrity

Updated December 21, 2014
Updated December 21, 2014
4.5

John Simanowitz

You'll get back everything you put in, and then some.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Integrity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Unlimited PTO - Don't worry about whether you can spare a day to go to the doc. Just go!
    - Well-Equipped Office: I work at a motorized standing desk, with two thunderbolt cinema displays and a fully-loaded macbook retina.
    - Exciting web and mobile projects of all kinds, rapidly increasing in size and scope over the past year.
    - Company culture pushes for personal growth, and honing your craft. Specialists and Generalists welcome.
    - Work from home if/when you need to.
    - Beer/Booze in the office. Drink whenever, but drink responsibly.
    - Younger crowd: High energy and enthusiasm.
    - Casual attire, wear whatever makes you comfortable. (Within reason. C'mon.)
    - Dogs welcome in the office.
    - A literal truckload of snacks gets delivered monthly.

It's the kind of place that works hard, but plays hard. Best suited for self-motivated people, who don't want to be a cog in some corporate machine.

Cons

- Potential for long hours.
    - Younger crowd: With age comes experience. Maybe a mentorship program is needed?
    - Culture can feel cliquish, especially with an office divided between two floors.
    - It's an agency, so turnover is pretty high.
    - Pay seems below national rates.

This company is growing fast, and changing daily. Stay positive, stay flexible, and always stand behind your team. The people are what make this company what it is.

contractor

I worked at Integrity

Pros

great team and great bosses

Cons

nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

Relax and good

Current Employee - Developer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Integrity as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People there are really nice. You could learn from others in a very comfortable and relax environment

Cons

Sometimes busy and sometimes not much to do. There is not many choice for software developers-- just web and mobile

Amazing!!!!!

Former Employee - Web Development Lead in University City, St. Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Web Development Lead in University City, St. Louis, MO

I worked at Integrity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cant say enough about the leadership John and Ed are dedicated to hiring the best talent and grooming upcoming talent for the challenges of web development. The team feels more like a family. The projects are awesome! I cant say enough about how amazing and awesome this place is to work! Its a flat organization which is great because it puts the focus on the project and on team success not just the individual. Everyone has an opportunity to be a leader.

Cons

It is a flat organization. Its structured this way for a reason so if your goal is to gain a title then stick to corporate.

Keep doing you. You have created something that others aspire to achieve. You operating model is smart, successful, and gives passion and life the company and the solutions you provide.

Passionate place to work

I worked at Integrity as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Integrity is an exciting vibrant place to work. Lots of fresh talent and ambition to build great products for clients. The people at Integrity put their heart into their work.

Cons

When I was there, Integrity was in the middle of some growing pains. Ways of communicating that work great for 15-20 people were starting to break down at 30-40 people, with bigger projects. But that is to be expected.

Keep the passion and heart in building awesome products. Keep learning and growing.

Great Place to Start, Even Better People

I worked at Integrity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Integrity takes chances on great people with the character and skill set they know will thrive in a digital agency and will teach you anything and everything you need to know. The team is outstanding. There is not one person who doesn't work for the greater good of the team, the company, and the clients. Integrity has challenging, diverse projects that will likely be interesting and engaging for anyone joining the team.

Collaborative culture, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, health insurance premiums at no cost to you each month, free parking, snacks, foosball/ping pong, kegerator and casual dress code, open door policy

The partners of the agency are willing to talk to you and listen at any time and are always open to new ideas and teaching you anything you want to learn.

Cons

Loose structure and process and self-management can be tricky for those who need guidance or have just graduated. The flat structure at the company can limit an upward trajectory. It's hard to know what the next step is other than taking on larger, more challenging projects. The team is still ironing out communication issues (just like any team) because of the large amount of growth that occurred in the last couple of years.

Bring back team leads to help facilitate communication and organization throughout the company. Adding that layer of management doesn't need to be viewed negatively. Ask employees why they are leaving so you can learn from why they are moving on. Turnover can be very hard on team members and clients.

I love it here

Current Employee - MySQL .NET Architect in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - MySQL .NET Architect in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Integrity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are very few places you can work where you'll get the opportunity to truly show-off as an expert in the field of digital webdev without having to go through all that trouble of becoming PHP or MySQL certified in .NET. It's really awesome to be jump started working on complex large-scale applications for REAL clients right away. I am getting experience coding complex DATA base architectures, learning from some of the most talented IT people in the industry from the days of the DOT-COM bubble. The mentors I have at Integrity cut their teeth working with mega-corporations like HP (Hewlett-Packard makes printers and such now, but they used to make a cream-colored computer that everyone used back in the day). I mean, these guys were building websites when HTML tables were the only way to do anything and ColdFusion and Flash were a glimmer in they eye of Macromedia. These guys really know their tech. And soon, all your DATA BASE will belong to us.

Cons

The designers all want to tell me how to program. I'm pretty sure they should stick to Photoshop. I love getting Photoshop files mailed to me anyway—pulling them apart and digging through layer upon layer to code a design is fun. Why don't you let the experts do it, huh?

Keep being awesome and roasting that boom.

General Contrcator

I have been working at Integrity

Pros

Very friendly environment to work

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep putting employees first

I love it here.

Current Employee - Content Strategist/Project Lead in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Content Strategist/Project Lead in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Integrity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Awesome, super fun work environment on a legendary St. Louis street
    - Great benefits package and 401K match (if full-time)
    - Choice to be contractor or full-time employee
    - Lots of free tshirts
    - Super friendly and inclusive employees
    - Continues to grow immensely each year
    - Little to no hierarchy - everyone feels on the same level
    - Ability to take on as little or as much responsibility as you want, and are compensated according to your efforts
    - Make sick products
    - Learn a ton about the digital world
    - Add tons of skills to resume and repertoire
    - Work for a reputable company with a good name
    - If you need help, everyone is willing to assist

Cons

- Training can be a little hectic and overwhelming
    - May not make as much initially as you want, but with benefits and bonuses, it evens out
    - Can be very stressful depending on how many projects you're involved in
    - Can have tons of free time one week and be swamped next week - inconsistent work schedule