Integrity

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Simanowitz

Amazing!!!!!

Web Development Lead (Former Employee)
    University City, St. Louis, MO

ProsCant say enough about the leadership John and Ed are dedicated to hiring the best talent and grooming upcoming talent for the challenges of web development. The team feels more like a family. The projects are awesome! I cant say enough about how amazing and awesome this place is to work! Its a flat organization which is great because it puts the focus on the project and on team success not just the individual. Everyone has an opportunity to be a leader.

ConsIt is a flat organization. Its structured this way for a reason so if your goal is to gain a title then stick to corporate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing you. You have created something that others aspire to achieve. You operating model is smart, successful, and gives passion and life the company and the solutions you provide.

Passionate place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIntegrity is an exciting vibrant place to work. Lots of fresh talent and ambition to build great products for clients. The people at Integrity put their heart into their work.

ConsWhen I was there, Integrity was in the middle of some growing pains. Ways of communicating that work great for 15-20 people were starting to break down at 30-40 people, with bigger projects. But that is to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the passion and heart in building awesome products. Keep learning and growing.

I love it here

MySQL .NET Architect (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere are very few places you can work where you'll get the opportunity to truly show-off as an expert in the field of digital webdev without having to go through all that trouble of becoming PHP or MySQL certified in .NET. It's really awesome to be jump started working on complex large-scale applications for REAL clients right away. I am getting experience coding complex DATA base architectures, learning from some of the most talented IT people in the industry from the days of the DOT-COM bubble. The mentors I have at Integrity cut their teeth working with mega-corporations like HP (Hewlett-Packard makes printers and such now, but they used to make a cream-colored computer that everyone used back in the day). I mean, these guys were building websites when HTML tables were the only way to do anything and ColdFusion and Flash were a glimmer in they eye of Macromedia. These guys really know their tech. And soon, all your DATA BASE will belong to us.

ConsThe designers all want to tell me how to program. I'm pretty sure they should stick to Photoshop. I love getting Photoshop files mailed to me anyway—pulling them apart and digging through layer upon layer to code a design is fun. Why don't you let the experts do it, huh?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome and roasting that boom.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Start, Even Better People

(Former Employee)

ProsIntegrity takes chances on great people with the character and skill set they know will thrive in a digital agency and will teach you anything and everything you need to know. The team is outstanding. There is not one person who doesn't work for the greater good of the team, the company, and the clients. Integrity has challenging, diverse projects that will likely be interesting and engaging for anyone joining the team.

Collaborative culture, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, health insurance premiums at no cost to you each month, free parking, snacks, foosball/ping pong, kegerator and casual dress code, open door policy

The partners of the agency are willing to talk to you and listen at any time and are always open to new ideas and teaching you anything you want to learn.

ConsLoose structure and process and self-management can be tricky for those who need guidance or have just graduated. The flat structure at the company can limit an upward trajectory. It's hard to know what the next step is other than taking on larger, more challenging projects. The team is still ironing out communication issues (just like any team) because of the large amount of growth that occurred in the last couple of years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back team leads to help facilitate communication and organization throughout the company. Adding that layer of management doesn't need to be viewed negatively. Ask employees why they are leaving so you can learn from why they are moving on. Turnover can be very hard on team members and clients.

General Contrcator

ProsVery friendly environment to work

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep putting employees first

AMAZING OMFG!

Elite User Experience/Wordpress Ninja Hacker and Senior Team/Web Evangelist (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe culture at Integrity is so wonderful, warm, inviting and very professional–like a family business. They don't get caught up in titles or experience; you can come from any background and work your way to the top. That's because there are clear and detailed roles; communicated from day one. Joining a project team is entirely up to you; there's no pressure from leadership to do work you aren't comfortable with. Lots of opportunity to move up in the ranks, you don't have to worry about tenured employees staying and hogging the good work.

A true learning environment where you can grow your skillset and grow into a better career professional. You never have to worry about failing because the leadership only supports you in trying to do the best thing for the client and the team. Lots of people fail all the time in trying to get their job done every day and they never worry about bad performance reviews. They have detailed processes and documents that help you build awesome sites and they help you retrain from the bad habits you get into from reading what all the "pros" tell you to do on the web.

Very transparent and clear about how to be successful: "get sh*t done". These three little words will transform how you think about building UX websites and UX apps in a new and UX web. You'll learn how to UX and make sites that go BOOM! Since UX is all about design, with all the great design leadership on staff you can figure out the tricky world of Photoshop UX, Design UX and even Web UX. Thankfully they don't worry about Print UX or Ad UX very much, those are a pain. The culture takes UX very seriously and treats it as a craft of multiple disciplines. So much so that there are dedicated UXer's that help you learn more about UX and the whole UX process from UX design to UX graphics, so don't be afraid to ask UX questions.

Cons- Too much free time, have to play ping-pong or foosball to stay active
    - Too many senior people, hard to get promoted get above the "glass ceiling"
    - Senior leadership always taking you to coffee instead of milkshakes
    - Too many awards and recognitions, would like the walls back for more collaboration/whiteboard space
    - Team meetings always take so long because the doughnut lines are so long
    - Employee reviews are too descriptive and the the pay is too high
    - Too clear about roles and processes, would like more vagueness for exploring new ways

Advice to Senior ManagementNever change! No matter what the glassdoor haters, former employees, past clients or judicial system says, Integrity is a beacon of community and excellence that St. Louis needs to grow UX, Wordpress and client.

I love it here.

Content Strategist/Project Lead (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

Pros- Awesome, super fun work environment on a legendary St. Louis street
    - Great benefits package and 401K match (if full-time)
    - Choice to be contractor or full-time employee
    - Lots of free tshirts
    - Super friendly and inclusive employees
    - Continues to grow immensely each year
    - Little to no hierarchy - everyone feels on the same level
    - Ability to take on as little or as much responsibility as you want, and are compensated according to your efforts
    - Make sick products
    - Learn a ton about the digital world
    - Add tons of skills to resume and repertoire
    - Work for a reputable company with a good name
    - If you need help, everyone is willing to assist

Cons- Training can be a little hectic and overwhelming
    - May not make as much initially as you want, but with benefits and bonuses, it evens out
    - Can be very stressful depending on how many projects you're involved in
    - Can have tons of free time one week and be swamped next week - inconsistent work schedule

Worked for Integrity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Integrity reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Integrity CEO John Simanowitz. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Integrity employees.