Intel Corporation

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

59 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work as a CW (Green Badge)

PPV Engineering Maintenance Tech (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Intel Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

ProsI worked there for 18 months as a CW. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all the people, both Engineers, Managers and Lab Leads, in particular in the PPV Lab, Austin TX. and other CW's. I especially enjoyed the various challenges that occurred almost daily to complete the daily/months product schedules. I appreciated working with the Engineers (HW and SW) that were always will to share their knowledge.

ConsNothing to do with Intel, just the Austin traffic, really nothing as compared to the California Bay Area.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep thing going as you are and always remember the Employees.

Great Place to Work

Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLearn a lot if you started as a RCG. competitive benefit and flexible vacation

Consneed adapt to the new change in post-PC era

Disciplined, focused, more than somewhat inflexible

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are smart, hard-working, and "of a culture," that is the strong Intel culture drives people towards being comfortable acting within certain constraints.

ConsThe company leadership is rather inflexible; the people are smart but somewhat arrogrant, and not welcoming of new ideas. "There's the Intel way..."

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to lighten some of the "Grove cutlure," that is now bordering on 40+ years, without losing the good that came with that culture

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience

Senior Component Design Engineer Grade 7 (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood work environment, helpful colleagues, work-life balance.

ConsSluggish management of projects, slow to market movement.

Great place to intern

Systems Validation Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern for more than a year

ProsVery chill atmosphere. There is no such thing as being "late". We are allow to come and go as we please. We are treated as if we actually work there (there isn't actually a way to even distinguish an intern from full time employee).

ConsVery click-ish. The designers hang with designers, validation with validation, etc. Hard as an intern to figure out where to find info since most developments are cutting edge. This means it takes about 6 months to fully understand what you are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDocument stuff better, such as training.

Green Badges are not part of the team

Systems Validation Engineer II (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Intel Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWorking with leading edge technology and very smart people.

ConsBlue badges (direct employees) work insane hours and even long hours during and after holidays. Green badges (contractors) are not considered part of the team. You are treated like part of the factory equipment as a green badge. No, feedback on your performance and little to no overtime. Green badges are not invited to company events. Intel goes out of their way to make sure that green badge are not part of the team. Contracts are cut short (1 year to 9 months).

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and allow the contractors to work the extra hours.

Great introduction to Intel as a company

Software Development Intern (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros-Good pay for an intern
-Super flexible hours
-Cool campus
-Job security

Intel Austin had a program where they would hire you to work part-time during the school year for 20 hours a week, and then full-time through the Summers until you graduated. You weren't guaranteed a job upon graduation, but it was a good way to make some cash on the side and really get some good insight into Intel as a company.

Cons-Cubicle style workspace

It is what it is - despite Intel's attempts to make it a more "collaborative" office space, you're still sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen for 8 hours a day with minimal interaction with other people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood intern program, keep it up.

It was a dream company to work with when I started

CAD Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

ProsGood work life balanc, challenging work culture, most managers are technically strong which helps in inexpereinced peoples growth and understanding

ConsPay, management needs to learn from past failures, too much of duplicate effort

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from past failures and do whatever it takes to get a foot in the mobile market and reward employees for success

Great company, great people, great products, occasionally a bit too corporate.

Automation Engineer (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay, good benefits, relative autonomy day-to-day (depending on your manager), easy access to management when needed, they take care of you if you plan on staying long-term, and it seems pretty straightforward to move around internally if you want to find a better fit.

ConsLaziness with respect to programming practice and discipline, there doesn't seem to be a sense of professional pride about day-to-day programming tasks, hierarchical structure makes for organizational confusion and feelings of disconnection between teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify organizational structures, stop using empty-headed marketing jargon, fix a target, and make sure everyone's going after it.

Great place for to learn and work

Undergraduate Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern for more than a year

ProsI was just an intern, but all of the managers that I have worked with have been extremely flexible and emphasized that school came first. If I ever needed a day off for school, it was not an issue. My team was very supportive and assigned projects that were challenging helped me to learn a lot of things that I had not learned in school. Very laid back environment that was very comfortable to work in.

ConsBeing an intern, I would not always get the most exciting projects or I would go periods of time without projects so there wouldn't be a lot to do. Communication can be very slow because everyone is so involved and busy with their own work.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings in Austin, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 59 reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.