Intel Corporation

3.9
3,869 Reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich
Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork (in 503 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field (in 135 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin (in 184 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights

271 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great learning environment

Former Employee - Graduate Technical in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Graduate Technical in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

office culture, mentoring, work to make an impact

Cons

a little too many meetings

reduce a few meetings weekly

Intel is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Contract in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Contract in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work alongside some very smart people.

Cons

Sometimes it seems that even seemingly simple tasks end up taking a long time to accomplish due to various loopholes and variety of on-site contractors.

Best Semiconductor Company to Work For

Current Employee - Commodity Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Commodity Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, and Stock Awards. Sabbatical every 4 or 7 years is great.

Cons

Slow to make decisions and innovate; overall lack of creativity.

Do more to promote diversity

Overall good experience.

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to expand your horizons. If you wish to pursue another internal opportunity they don't hold you back.

Cons

Reviews are done on a ranked Bell curve. You can perform really well but still come out "improvement required"

I spent 24 years as an employee at Intel and it was the most exciting job I have had

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, sabbaticals and new skills training.

Cons

New managers are not trained as well as 10 years ago
    Values are not in the forefront and was part of what made Intel special

Enforce values by encouraging and supporting them.
    Put new managers thru mandatory training classes

Advancement Takes a Long, Long Time

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They started the 12-hr. shifts with mandatory group calisthenics, done for about 10 - 15 minutes, an interesting concept to help prepare workers for long 12-hr. shifts of standing the whole shift.

Cons

Worked in an Intel 300mm wafer Fab as a Manufacturing Technician. Semiconductor Fab Manufacturing Techs were assigned only 1 - 2 processes to do for a entire 12 hour shift, and would not be allowed to cross-train into other processes for up to 2 yrs. In other Semiconductor Fabs, 2 yrs. would be adequate time to cross-train across multiple manufacturing platforms. It takes a very, very long time to become thoroughly trained in the Fab at Intel; they are way too overboard in their drive to be sure Techs know "how to do it right" before advancing the Techs. The excessively lengthy time for cross-training results in burnout and disproportionate competition amongst the Techs. For that reason, I left Intel for better, much more progressive Semiconductor Fab opportunities.

Loosen up the excessively lengthy cross-training protocols. Learn to trust and embrace challenging the employees to advance accordingly to their own individual capabilities, instead of being so rigid. Don't worry, you won't lose control of manufacturing quality standards. Quite the opposite, the employees will be only encouraged to do the very best that they can, resulting in highly sustainable quality yields and protocols.

Great benefits and salary. Management and job satisfaction so-so

Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of great benefits, quarterly profit sharing, stock purchase plans, restrictive stock units granted in accordance with your review, yearly contribution to retirement fund which averaged around $5-6K. Good health care and dental. The pay was very good, as a technician with a night shift differential, I was making close to $100,000.

Cons

Job was repetitive and boring. As a technician, there was little latitude to actually work on the tools. Most tasks consisted of pressing a button and waiting for the software to finish the test. I worked twelve hour shifts and for the most part worked by myself in isolation in the fab. I didn't feel that there was a team mentality but rather everyone operated as individuals.
    I was amazed at the level of incompetence of some of my fellow technicians. Some have been working there for 20 plus years but have no grasp upon current technology. The only thing that saves them is that the tasks are so amazingly simple.
    Attempting to shift from a technician to an engineer was very difficult. I am a senior in computer science at ASU and because my section didn't require a computer scientist, they were not interested in helping me achieve my degree even though there were hundreds of openings for computer science graduates throughout the company. It is an odd culture that is focused on output and not so much about the quality of its people.
    As far as management, I had some really great managers and some really bad managers. I rarely had a manager for more than a year which meant constantly having to adjust to a new management style and new personality. It becomes tedious after awhile. Also there are just too many managers who are terrible people persons. My last manager was just so aggravating and unwilling to work with my degree pursuit that I left Intel after eight years in order to focus on my degree.

At Intel, a person should be able to seek their full potential, to be able to take on greater roles of responsibilities, to demonstrate their abilities to further the company. I felt that never happened for me.
    Just to delineate my performance over eight years at Intel: I always received exceeds expectation or outstanding. I was promoted to the highest level of technician, pay grade 57.
    When I left Intel, no one even interviewed me on why I wanted to leave. I submitted my letter of resignation and left two weeks later. Just seems weird that upper management doesn't even seem to know why their personnel are leaving.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work ethics and very competitive environment

Cons

More perks for employees are necessary

Its a good companyto work.

Intel presents unique opportunities found nowhere else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, high caliber coworkers, and unique products. This is a one of a kind company with a huge mission and a lot of corporate courage. Super star employees are the norm.

Cons

Engineering culture - this could be good or bad, just know what you are getting in to. Heavy bureaucracy in IT. Expectation of an affinity for HW and an EE degree or mathematical bias - other disciplines not really respected. But it IS a HW company.....

Manufacturing Technician

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is good, nice gym, free soda and pretty good health plans.

Cons

A lot of pressure, constant stress and pay raises have been falling behind real inflation.

Just stop it. We know there is a lot of competition but killing everyone with stress won't make the company more innovative.