Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Reviews in Chandler, AZ

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork(in 454 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin(in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders(in 107 reviews)

252 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsStable, good culture, nice people around

Conshard to promote, it's hard to learn things through work

Advice to Senior Managementdo good training to your employee

Fairly positive

Group Leader (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGood benefits and employee support in general.

ConsMicromanaging in certain areas does not help employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people.

Overall a great experience with lots of opportunity

Senior Component Design Engineer (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsEasy to move laterally and try new things
    Great benefits
    Generally supportive of work-life balance (at least in theory)
    Work with many brilliant minds, can learn a lot, some great role models

ConsIn order to really compete, sometimes its necessary to put in a lot of hours
    Lack of focus (many times the expectation is to work on so many things that you get spread really thin)
    A lot of re-orgs (especially lately)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ITIL Service Operations including Incident Management and Problem Management

Staff Engineer (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsSix Sigma Lean clean connections and flows/clear expectations/efficiency

ConsSometimes did not follow their own decision making process, and had multiple decision makers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore decision making at the lowest appropriate level.

Great place to work!!

IP Blocks Verification Engineer (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGood working atmosphere
    Friendly people and managers
    Responsible HR and staff
    Quick help
    Flexible working culture

ConsNothing that I have noticed so far

Good place, not great

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

Prosgood , reasonable , people and there are opportunities in some places within intel

Consafter ten years in school, I'm chasing particles for a living, doing ridiculously simple repetitive work.

Advice to Senior Managementstudy organizations and leadership, in order to do those things better.

Nice company to work for with a lot of flexibility!

Marketing Engineer (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsWork life balance, perks, free drinks, great work.

ConsMediocre pay, politics, some bad management

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-align to orginal Intel values.

I am an atomic layer chemical vapor deposition maintenance and operations technician for Intel Corporation.

Manufacturing Equipment Technician (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsIntel has great starting wages. They are willing to give people with no semiconductor experience a chance. Great Bonuses and Stock purchasing programs.

ConsHorrible raises that will not compete with inflation no matter how much work you do above your pay grade. Little to no trust in technicians to make a decision, everything requires engineering approval. Too many systems that require lots of work to perform very small tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave raises that are higher than inflation. Fix the number of systems we use on a day to day basis and make them “talk” to each other. We don’t need 15 ways to pull the same data.

Good place to work

Embedded Software Engineer (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsYoung crowd
    Competitive but constructive
    Review and bonus process is good

ConsSalary not up to the mark.

In over 13 years at Intel, I've always thought they have been very accomodating to Work Life Balance.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsWork Life Balance, Competitive Compensation to the rest of the industry. Great benefits.

ConsIntel is a changing company. In the next 3-4 years it will undergo significant changes and any employee at intel needs to understand that and be able to adapt to changing business needs. Since its a huge corporation, you have to deal with all of the politics and processes that go along with that type of company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd recommend that Intel make the big changes sooner rather than later, and empower their employees to make decisions and help drive the company in the right direction.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!