Intel Corporation

Updated Jul 20, 2014

3.8 3,567 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork(in 454 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin(in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders(in 107 reviews)

3,567 Employee Reviews

Not a bad company to work for.

ProsGreat perks, total compensation. Work-life balance is good if you work outside the fab.

ConsAnnual review process is very time-wasting and subjective. Slow to adapt.

Great company with slow technologies penetration and bureaucracy

IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Haifa (Israel)

ProsFlexible working hours, job security, exposure to many technologies, personal growth (courses, trainings), many opportunities to change job and switch to another technical area.

ConsThere's a feeling that people that are not good technically tend to get management positions. Promotions criteria is unclear and not transparent. There's no connection between mid/high-level management and engineers. There' a lot of "noise" activity that comes to fulfil slogans and objectives defined by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking unclear and abstract slogans. Make promotion and annual employee evaluation criteria clear and transparent.

Fairly positive

Group Leader (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGood benefits and employee support in general.

ConsMicromanaging in certain areas does not help employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am an atomic layer chemical vapor deposition maintenance and operations technician for Intel Corporation.

Manufacturing Equipment Technician (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsIntel has great starting wages. They are willing to give people with no semiconductor experience a chance. Great Bonuses and Stock purchasing programs.

ConsHorrible raises that will not compete with inflation no matter how much work you do above your pay grade. Little to no trust in technicians to make a decision, everything requires engineering approval. Too many systems that require lots of work to perform very small tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave raises that are higher than inflation. Fix the number of systems we use on a day to day basis and make them “talk” to each other. We don’t need 15 ways to pull the same data.

Good learning experience

ProsWork culture is good over in this company

ConsLot of non technical trainings which you should be going through. Though it is very much required but that is time consuming

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

good company with good benefits including work-life balance

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosgreat benefits, RSU, bonus and work-life balance

Conssometimes a bureaucratic nightmare

Advice to Senior Managementinvest more in wearable and phones SOC

Marketing Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to move around. Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork. 2 month sabbatical.

ConsNo upward movement. Pay and benefits below market. A lot of attrition recently. Many years of over promising and under delivering - common across all management chain. People come here to retire.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwn up to your mistakes. There has been repeated screw ups by the management with no accountability in the executive bench.

In the midst of a transformation

Component Design Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsBrilliant co-workers who rise to the challenge.
    A deep pool of talents to draw from.
    Good IP portfolio to support product development.

ConsSome projects span the globe which cause meeting times at all hours of the day.
    New "open" office configuration brings a lot of visual and audio distractions.
    New business realities demand projects to do more with the same or fewer resources.
    Resource constraints sometimes at odds with forward progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to consolidate projects to geographies in close timezones for improved collaboration.
    Free up some resources to focus on implementing the promised efficiency initiatives to keep projects on track.

Great place to work.....

Graduate Role (Current Employee)

ProsThey provide a competitive salary & c&b package.
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Recognition and feeling of gratitude within team

ConsIssues with retaining graduates. Graduates come and go as there is no career progression within the organisation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to retain your most motivated employees and graduates.

Contractors Beware. Be Prepared to do the work of a regular full-time employee without the "Great Place to Work Value"

Software Testing (Former Employee) Folsom, CA

ProsFantastic Learning Opportunities. The most advanced microprocessors in the world. Intel owns the facilities and spends copious amounts on Research and Development.

ConsSwearing, yelling, blaming, pointing the finger, and just plain unprofessionalism. It depends on what lab you work in. Some managers have too much time and others not enough. Some managers spend a great deal of time "spying" on employees. I guess it's the same in any company, but I thought Intel had higher standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlue badge employees, supervisors, managers, and team leads are placing too much responsibility on Green Badge employees and or the contingent workforce.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!