Intel Corporation

3.9
3,754 Reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich
Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork (in 455 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin (in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders (in 109 reviews)

More Highlights

280 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company as first role out of college

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation, benefits, open door culture, work/life balance, lots of opportunity to advance if you try hard, sabbatical every 4 or 7 years

Cons

Location of offices, structure/timing of promotions, lots of politics involved, hard to move to new orgs or business units within the company, management likes to trap you if you're good

Invest in the up and coming young talent early so that you don't lose them to other companies

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. I really enjoyed working for Intel. The culture is great and the people you work with and interact with are very smart. This company has so many opportunities so you can get on the right career path. Great Benefits.

Cons

If you don't challenge yourself you will get board. I saw some underperforms given the pink slip twice in my 2 year career there. So slacking off is not appreciated and underperforming will get you in trouble.

Internship experience is great, and even better if you work hard

Current Employee - Applications Developer Intern  in  Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer Intern in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Eventually received plenty of responsibility as an intern. Excellent company culture and vacation time. Great college graduate/intern culture

Cons

Internship started off slow, management can be overbearing at times. Not hiring very much in the bay area anymore, which is unappealing to new grad college graduates.

Retain newer employees by giving them interesting and challenging work from the start. Hire more in the bay area for competitive talent

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting and fun, but not the location for me.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked on some interesting problems from a programming perspective and I enjoyed it. I liked all the people I worked with and met there. The work/life balance was good, I stayed late sometimes if I was working on something that I was focused on, but never felt pressured to stay. There was a gym on campus, two cafeterias with lunch and breakfast if you wanted to pay, as well as free drinks all the time and sometimes free fruit. There were team "Great Place to Work" days, where we would do something fun, which happened once a quarter, we went to the river once and to a rock climbing gym another time, also ice cream once every month or so, to celebrate people's birthdays.

Cons

Folsom is an alright place to live, I guess, but it isn't really where I want to be right now. I'm also not really a fan of the cubicles, but they aren't terrible. Overall I enjoyed working there, the location is the biggest problem for me, I would definitely work for Intel in the future if it was at a different location.

A pretty typical large corporation

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lot's of job security, great benefits (life insurance, 401k, stock purchase program), and a lot of opportunities to do different things all within Intel, really smart people.

Cons

Lots of red tape to get anything done, lots of 'good ole boys' relationships that can limit your growth, Intel tends to ignore work experience outside of Intel (once you're hired), low-to-mid range salary wise.

Actions speak louder than words. Saying you want employees to take risks, but having a system in place that punishes (or at least does not reward) it is not an environment that promotes risk taking.

Great company if you like a challenge and can handle a high pressure environment.

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Intel is a great company for a stable job. They're not a startup type company where they throw around money on events, but they provide good stability. Intel a culture is based on results so they do out pressure on you than some other companies.

Pros would be good benefits, stable job, huge company of over 90,000 employees world wide.
    There is a lot of options to move around the company and they encourage it too.

Cons

This is a large company so it's easy to get lost. If you've worked in a smaller company there is a sense of you know everyone. There isn't that sense of closeness except for your group or org.

Good place to work&life

Current Employee - Customer Quality Engineer  in  Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Quality Engineer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good place if you seek work and life balance. and a lot of opportunities for career development

Cons

reduced benefits recently and company is too big to know the what are people doing in the same building

Staff Engineer

Former Employee - Staff Engineer  in  Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cutting-edge technology work. Best in the Industry.

Cons

Too many levels and hierarchy

Need flatter org structure and more hands-on managers needed

An old company moving swiftly into the 21st century

Former Employee - Undergraduate Intern  in  Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Undergraduate Intern in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

great benefits, interns received many benefits!, fun intern program to keep interns engaged outside of work, smart people everwhere, can always strike up an interesting conversation with many, company tries to minimize buerocracy and make it easy for the employee to do work

Cons

none i can think of besides getting a bit lost during the first few weeks in a huge campus

keep jobs in california! oregon is great but not for everyone. Keep supporting open source!

Good company, lots of politics

Former Employee - Design Engineer  in  Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent engineering skills, upper management is open and honest about strategy, industry, etc.
    Most engineers are very good at their job, and are very dedicated. The entire company is very tech-centric. I've worked at companies that aren't this way, and it is refreshing to see upper management really understand the tech industry.

Cons

Lots of politics! Also, middle management seems to have a hard time accepting that the Intel way of doing things is no longer the universal way. There tends to be a lot of people there that think that the rest of the world is waiting for Intel to produce something before it will buy it. Trouble is, that's no longer the case. Lots of internal politics, also. A poorly worded email at the wrong time can kill your entire yearly review.

It's time to modernize procedures! Intel is badly behind in the tech world and needs to catch up. Upper management seems to be trying, but there is still too many middle managers that still push the old Intel way of doing things.

Intel Corporation Response

Jul 15, 2014Talent Branding Solutions Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post this! Your insights are spot on. Our Senior Management team understands the need for us to shift the company culture and for us move with much greater velocity ... More

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!