Intel Corporation

3.8 3,544 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

3,544 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Very good work-life balance - atleast my position is around a 40 hr work week"
    in 422 reviews
  • "It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field"
    in 128 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin"
    in 154 reviews
  • "Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders"
    in 97 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Definitely a great place to work for an intern

Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsLots of fun events with some very smart people. Everyone I talked to this summer was very friendly and willing to spend a few minutes of their day talking to an intern, even people not on my team

ConsInterns either have an amazing time or a boring time, there's not a lot of in-between. Personally, my team had never had an intern before and didn't have much work for me to do, so I got pretty bored pretty often

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure there's enough work for an intern to do before getting an intern

Good company, lots of politics

Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Folsom, CA

ProsExcellent engineering skills, upper management is open and honest about strategy, industry, etc.
    Most engineers are very good at their job, and are very dedicated. The entire company is very tech-centric. I've worked at companies that aren't this way, and it is refreshing to see upper management really understand the tech industry.

ConsLots of politics! Also, middle management seems to have a hard time accepting that the Intel way of doing things is no longer the universal way. There tends to be a lot of people there that think that the rest of the world is waiting for Intel to produce something before it will buy it. Trouble is, that's no longer the case. Lots of internal politics, also. A poorly worded email at the wrong time can kill your entire yearly review.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to modernize procedures! Intel is badly behind in the tech world and needs to catch up. Upper management seems to be trying, but there is still too many middle managers that still push the old Intel way of doing things.

Great technology, strong brand but company size matters!

Director of Marketing (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsIntel is a juggernaut in the corporate technology world and a recognized brand. Have competitive salaries with great benefits (health, RSU) and a 60 day paid sabbatical program for all FT employees after 7 years of service. A lot of opportunity to switch positions and try new technologies and markets. When you have a strong manager and a fun and creative team...it's a great place to work

ConsToo big for it's own good...you become a number and it's difficult to make a big impact. Can easily get lost in the crowd and not enough financial or career motivation to work extra to get ahead...complacency is rampant because of the benefits. Too many internal promotions to middle managers with direct report responsibility who should not be handling people's careers. Intel losing big time in mobile and consumers don't see Intel as a relevant company despite what management thinks and the kool-aide they serve. Office politics are increasing and end up spending more time and energy internally rather than on customers or growing market share.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater scrutiny to how they promote internally to give people direct report responsibilities. Too many managers should not be allowed in their role which only creates a toxic environment. Invest and innovate as much as possible to win in mobile...Intel is losing and not relevant yet and has a ton of work to do. At the entrance to Intel's HQ office says..."innovation is everything"...it's time to live up to that belief.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for, Amazingly talented people

Engineering Leader (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

Pros- Very open / candid culture
    - Very talented people (world class experts on the topic at hand)
    - Management open to moving people around, so you get diverse sets of experiences

Cons- Currently (mid 2014) uncertain future. This poses a challenge on many levels throughout the corporation
    - "Pie" is not growing, so politics is
    - Like any large company, it all depends on your manager. So be sure to pay a lot of attention to who you are reporting to. Within the company, your experience will vary a lot

Advice to Senior Management- Allow more experimental culture (and less process driven)
    - Take some aggressive action to remove the perception of "empire building" and growth based on political connections

Best experience of my life

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

Prosamazing collection of talent and resources. Lots of resources. great environment. employees are very spoiled and have a sense of entitlement, it feels amazing to be a part of the rich, winning team. Pay is excellent, development is excellent.

Consbureaucracy. Finance penny pinches and controls management decisions. Intel might spend 100k buying out someone that is being laid off, but in the same quarter will cut team building budgets from $20 a head to "try potlucks" and similar things. It breeds a frugal culture, but is often very silly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't count on middle management to get your messaging right, or to tell you what is really going on. They all want your jobs.

Sr. Programmer - Telecommunications / Infrastructure

Senior Programmer (Former Employee)
    Folsom, CA

ProsGreat people to work with, many different projects

ConsPutting up with R&R process

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more employee training and consulting

Good company

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsStable, good culture, nice people around

Conshard to promote, it's hard to learn things through work

Advice to Senior Managementdo good training to your employee

Great place to work

Intel Intern (Current Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsThe cubes are spacious and the company give you everything you need to get started the very first day. Time is flexible and the work is enjoyable.

ConsSome people don't like the idea of working in a cube. Getting access to everything takes a while.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Quite happy here

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsGreat place to work. The people are engaging, but it depends on the group that hires you.

ConsIntel has a large company atmosphere. All presentations and project plans are coordinated by creating Power Point presentations

A great place to work with a lot of challenges ahead in the mobile market

Design Automation Engineer (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsGreat work life balance, relaxed environment, good rewards and pay (not the most competitive in the sector)

ConsManagement is sometimes can be clueless. Company is struggling to win in the mobile market.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

At Intel, we're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun playing the new Intel ChipMan game As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 3,544 reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.