Intel Corporation

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.8 3,568 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork(in 454 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field(in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin(in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders(in 107 reviews)

3,568 Employee Reviews

Great company to work with. Lot of carrer development opportunities

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Hudson, MA

ProsEmployees valued and work - life balance

ConsSorry to se Hudson site closing

AmazinG work ex

ProsFun,energetic,young people all over the place , lively, cooperative

ConsCan be really stressful, deadlines are tough

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsI am proud of the conflict free materials we use to produce our chips. As an employee I've been given opportunities to grow that I don't think I'd get elsewhere. I'm encouraged to try new things and given the tools to succeed.

ConsIt's a large company so you really need to own your development.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Systems Validation Engineer (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsIntel work environment is good. Peers are supportive with good team work.

ConsVarious managers have different rules, no support from some managers to advance in education. When you have a higher degree pass your boss, he made sure you do not advance

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck!

Good company, lots of politics

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Folsom, CA

ProsExcellent engineering skills, upper management is open and honest about strategy, industry, etc.
    Most engineers are very good at their job, and are very dedicated. The entire company is very tech-centric. I've worked at companies that aren't this way, and it is refreshing to see upper management really understand the tech industry.

ConsLots of politics! Also, middle management seems to have a hard time accepting that the Intel way of doing things is no longer the universal way. There tends to be a lot of people there that think that the rest of the world is waiting for Intel to produce something before it will buy it. Trouble is, that's no longer the case. Lots of internal politics, also. A poorly worded email at the wrong time can kill your entire yearly review.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to modernize procedures! Intel is badly behind in the tech world and needs to catch up. Upper management seems to be trying, but there is still too many middle managers that still push the old Intel way of doing things.

Intel Corporation Talent Branding Solutions Manager responded to this review

Jul 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post this! Your insights are spot on. Our Senior Management team understands the need for us to shift the company culture and for us move with much greater velocity ... More

Amazing

ProsVery friendly work environment and good atmosphere.

ConsNot very high salary and nor entertaining.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salaries

An old company moving swiftly into the 21st century

Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) Folsom, CA

Prosgreat benefits, interns received many benefits!, fun intern program to keep interns engaged outside of work, smart people everwhere, can always strike up an interesting conversation with many, company tries to minimize buerocracy and make it easy for the employee to do work

Consnone i can think of besides getting a bit lost during the first few weeks in a huge campus

Advice to Senior Managementkeep jobs in california! oregon is great but not for everyone. Keep supporting open source!

Summer Internship

Signal Integrity Intern (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsIt's an enormous company that works on a variety of things which allows for movement to different jobs. There are lots of talented folks working there.

ConsIt is an enormous company and it's easy to feel like a tiny cog in a machine.

Great company

ProsRoom for growth and great opportunities.

Conscan be tough to ramp up to whats going on

Great technology, strong brand but company size matters!

Director of Marketing (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsIntel is a juggernaut in the corporate technology world and a recognized brand. Have competitive salaries with great benefits (health, RSU) and a 60 day paid sabbatical program for all FT employees after 7 years of service. A lot of opportunity to switch positions and try new technologies and markets. When you have a strong manager and a fun and creative team...it's a great place to work

ConsToo big for it's own good...you become a number and it's difficult to make a big impact. Can easily get lost in the crowd and not enough financial or career motivation to work extra to get ahead...complacency is rampant because of the benefits. Too many internal promotions to middle managers with direct report responsibility who should not be handling people's careers. Intel losing big time in mobile and consumers don't see Intel as a relevant company despite what management thinks and the kool-aide they serve. Office politics are increasing and end up spending more time and energy internally rather than on customers or growing market share.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater scrutiny to how they promote internally to give people direct report responsibilities. Too many managers should not be allowed in their role which only creates a toxic environment. Invest and innovate as much as possible to win in mobile...Intel is losing and not relevant yet and has a ton of work to do. At the entrance to Intel's HQ office says..."innovation is everything"...it's time to live up to that belief.

Intel Corporation Talent Branding Solutions Manager responded to this review

Jul 15, 2014

Thank you for pointing out some of the great benefits we have at the company! Additionally, thank you for your candid comments!

You bring up some very important issues that need to be
    ... More

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!