Intel Corporation

3.8 3,260 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

3,260 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Very good work-life balance - atleast my position is around a 40 hr work week"
    in 393 reviews
  • "I'm very proud of working with cutting edge technology"
    in 125 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance can be a challenge as there are always more things to do"
    in 147 reviews
  • "Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders"
    in 94 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

it was alright but getting worse

Silicon Architecture Engineer (Current Employee)
Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Prosgreat people and flexible work hours. I can organize my work around my most productive time of the day, I can leave early if needed (probably it's only in my department, do not know about others). People are generally open to share their experience and every request for information is generally met.

ConsIntel becomes a management centric company. Managers tell engineers what to do, not consulting with them on best course of action. Management by committee is widely popular. Slow decision making processs and a lot of bureaucracy. Also stagnant wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to keep and encourage good workers and get rid of slackers.

There's a reason only 2% of people leave each year

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTremendous benefits and work environment. Direct communication is valued. Meritocracy is the norm. Career advancement is a consistent topic between individual contributor and manager. Benefits are great, including sabbatical.

ConsBecause the company hasn't grown the last few years, internal job openings can be difficult to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear out some middle management to bring in fresh blood. Make focal harsher.

Great work life balance, great stepping stone

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIn finance, you get to rotate every 2 years, so gives you a lot of opportunities to learn something new or be in a different group. Also, you have a big network of other finance peers and mentors, which can help a lot when picking a rotation. Work life balance is also really great. As an analyst (not a manager), usually you work 40-45 hours max.

Cons1) Bureaucracy - since it's such a big company and there are so many stakeholders to go through, it's super slow to get things moving, which can be quite frustrating.
2) For finance, there are specific times that you can't take days off (Plan/Close). Usually since it's known somewhat ahead of time, you can plan around it, but sometimes there are just events that you just can't change.
3) Most of the need for finance jobs are FP&A. Most people only want to do FP&A for the first one or two rotations (as a grade 3 and/or grade 5), and then move on to different functions, like cost, revenue, or product investment. But now they keep raising the grade level so that many of the grade 6 jobs are also FP&A.
4) Applying for a new job is also not so easy. For example, when they post a job at a grade 5, it can be up-scoped to a 6 or down-scoped to a 3. So if you are a 3 (but supported for a grade 5) applying for this, you might not get the job since they say there are other people already at a grade 5 applying for the role, and they have more experience.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intel

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to work, Intel has regular employee events
Located right off of 101 Highway
Still has sabbatical after 7 years
Interesting work
Free fruit and drinks

ConsNeed to drive out if you want to eat outside of the cafe
Working with engineers is more difficult since the engineers are spread all over the globe in various time zones

Intel Design Automation Engineer

Design Automation Engineer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern for less than a year

ProsBig company, lots to learn and good environment for interns a structured one. Good salary for an Intern comparatively.

ConsInterns don't get much access to high level designing, so many Intel specific tools that are not recognized outside Intel

Awesome work life balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

ProsLife comes first, and they understand that. A sabbatical every 7 years, un-tracked vacation time, flexible hours. Helps make work not feel like work.

ConsAs delivery dates get close, the work can time required can pile up. Jobs are being outsourced to lower cost geos.

Great place to start a career

Data Analyst (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best part was probably the employees. The people I worked with were all very capable and willing to help. The company seemed to care about the growth of its workers.

ConsMost of the cons that come with such a large company. Sometimes it was hard to contact or approach upper-level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining at the beginning of work was great, but more developmental training along the way would help for entry level employees.

Good

Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee)
Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsGood work culture and environment

ConsNo conversion of interns to full-time employees

Verification Lead

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

ProsGood work/life balance. Talented engineers to work with.

ConsLimited growth opportunities and working knowledge of latest industry standard tools

Life at Intel

Analog Engineer (Current Employee)
Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat pay, bonuses and healthcare! Life and work balance here is fantastic. Room for growth.

ConsYou're ranked annually with your peers in performance. This ought to encourage individual innovation but the system has turned into a political scheme of getting rid of employees when budgets are tight.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 3,260 reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.