Intel Corporation Reviews

3.8
Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich
Brian M. Krzanich
1,301 Ratings

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance (in the right groups with the right managers) (in 528 reviews)

• Opportunity to work with the cutting edge technology (in 139 reviews)

Cons
  • In manufacturing - brutal work/life balance (in 195 reviews)

• Can be difficult in decision making (in 113 reviews)

4,798 Employee Reviews

1. Software engineer

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Good work environment, Great company values Good food, team buildings, team event

Cons

I do not have cons for this company, I love it. The only con might be the location

Advice to Management

Should be more agilibilty, the task management should have room to improve

2. Competitive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employer with good employee values and benefits globally. Maybe not the most competitive in the bay area, pay wise, but Intel really does allow for more of a "work/life balance." Sabbatical is a great benefit that many other places can't compete with and Intel recently announced 2 months paid bonding leave for all new parents, which is a great way to attract female talent. Intel is also famous for their DOT (development opportunity tool) where employees can sign up and interview for assignments to develop professionally and shape their own career! This is a great tool.

Cons

The lack of assigned desk space for many employees is frustrating. It's an open work environment, which is great for traveling employees. Not so great for employees that come in every day and have to wonder if they will be able to find a clean desk with a working dual monitor display. Ergonomically, the office is set up to allow for individual adjustments, but it takes time to adjust and readjust daily , if you sit in a mobile space and have to change desks every day. You really have to own your career and manage your time to take advantage of the benefits well, but I imagine it's probably the same at just about any employer that offers such comprehensive benefits.

Advice to Management

Let people have cubes if they are in the office most days. Reserve the mobile work spaces for contractors and employees that are truly mobile. Make your employees feel like they have their own space to work and they will feel more invested.

3. Manufacturing Technician

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great medical benefits. The noght shift differential is pretty good. I believe they raised it as I was leaving from 12% to 16%. There was also the 11% differential for compressed work week.

Cons

The benefits were good but the pay raises were slow in coming. They kept the pay as low as possible.

Advice to Management

You need to work to help your employees more. If they say that they can't do something and they explain their limitations then you should really look into helping them or they will seek employment opportunities elsewhere!

5. Communication Manager

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. the people I work with are sincere about getting work done and keeping work/life balance.

Cons

So much to do, it can be difficult to get to everything that needs to be done in an 8 hour day.

Advice to Management

Understand what your employees need, listen and act.

6. Great Advancement

I worked at Intel Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work Rewarded if you do well Quick advancement

Cons

401k matching doesn't fully kick in for 6 years

7. nice

Pros

it is a very good company to work for i liked working here. this is great company

Cons

no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons no cons

8. Great place for an internship

Former Employee - Technical Intern in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Intern in Portland, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a good time at both of my Intel internships. The pay and benefits are excellent and I liked the people I worked with.

Cons

Intel is a huge company that places many interns so you may end up somewhere that doesn't relate closely to your planned career path. Culture can vary a lot by work group.

9. Great company

Pros

Excellent benefits and working environment

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue your excellence.

Marketing Specialist

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Cutting edge tech, innovation, creativity and informed risk taking highly encouraged and supported. Decent pay. Good benefits. Management takes personal responsibility for fostering learning, optys for employee growth and ensuring job satisfaction. Tries to keep work life balance in play even though everyone is quite busy.

Cons

Not enough people to accomplish desired tasks. Most find themselves unofficially working 24-7 and stressing about finding time to do everything at high quality level. Average wont do. Can be incredibly stressful.

Advice to Management

Stop downsizing. You are risking burnout of an incredibly talented and hardworking crop of employees who truly desire to see intel succeed as opposed to just finding a job to pay bills. Most of us bleed blue and will continue to do so for years to come if you are careful not to wear us out.

11. Company review

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Good salary, Good location, Good benefits

Cons

Work load, Big expectation, Slow growth

Showing 4,798 of 5,315 reviews