Intel Corporation

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.8 3,583 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
  • Work life balance depends on teams but don't expect any rewards for your hardwork (in 455 reviews)

• It was a stable job in a cutting edge technology field (in 131 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not respected by managers in the validation group in Austin (in 165 reviews)

• Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders (in 109 reviews)

More Highlights
3,583 Employee Reviews

Great place to work, learned a lot and advanced my career.

Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsExcellent compensation, benefits and work life balance. Working with cutting edge technology is exciting and mentally stimulating. Makes me glad I chose engineering as a career.

ConsSometimes the pressure and stress levels get too high. Many times there is more work than people to do it but it still must be accomplished

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communications open with all employees, even junior engineers should know how the business is going.

Great company, Great people, and brighter future

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsThe quality and variety of the people that you work for and with is top notch, It will challenge you to be on. I have had a variety of opportunities in my 20+ years and have very seldom been bored. New CEO is improving accountability and expectations for the company and leadership.

ConsStress can be challenging if not managed properly, also Constructive Confrontational style is not for everyone and can take some getting used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, definitely taking things in the right direction lately

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are full of great, motivated people there. It was great that I had an opportunity to do an internship there.

ConsI cannot think of any negative experience there. You just have to work harder to keep it updated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are many great opportunities to meet motivated people working at the company.

ConsThere is nothing negative about.

Internship IUEE Mechanical engineering

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe internship gave an overview of what an engineer would encounter in a fast pace corporation. I learn programming in a week. Work with other engineers and presented in groups.

ConsThere were no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell planned and executed.

Graduate intern

ProsGreat place to work..learn from various teams that work together

Cons----------- ----- ---- --- ----

Excellent.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsVery good environment to work in.

Consthere has been no negative experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for and consider employees that are willing to except challenges and want to learn.

Wonderful place to work

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) Rio Rancho, NM

ProsUnique culture, great support in all aspects of work/life, benefits are the best.

ConsWith automation comes layoffs. If you do not advance into a programmer/engineer role you probably will not be there long. I was able to use that educational assistance to attain a Bachelors degree, but it was not enough to prevent loosing my job to a robot.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust remember that your foundation was built on people who did not have a masters degree and were willing to work hard to actually make things.

Great first job,

Component Design Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLearning a lot about hardware, working in a company that actually makes things, company is large but not completely mired in big-company thinking (probably due to the large amount of working managers), very flexible work hours. The people are really what make Intel great.

ConsCafe is relatively expensive, training is a little sluggish (most person-to-person)

Don't let the size of it scare you off

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsPersonally I've been able to weather a number of general economic downturns at Intel by virtue of its size and stability. What it lacks in dynamism it makes up for with a deep well of resources that can see it through hard times. Also, because Intel is a big place, you can change jobs every couple of years internally without having to brave the waters of the open market. If you want to have a long career here, you can.

If you work in an office role vs. a factory role you have wonderful work flexibility. The ability to work from home on a discretionary basis is literally game-changing for me. I would hesitate to work anywhere else that did not offer a similar policy.

Sabbatical is a wonderful benefit (8 weeks paid time off every 7 years or 4 weeks paid every 4).

ConsAll of the downsides associated with working at a big company -- the inefficiencies, excess management layers, the diffusion of purpose -- are present at Intel but are common "big company" issues and not special "Intel" issues. As long as you can tolerate this sort of big organization sclerosis you'll do fine at Intel.

Intel is top-heavy from a management perspective, which limits your options for growth via promotion. You'll have to be content making lots of lateral moves.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople managers need to put more energy into developing career tracks for employees that don't involve making a jump to management. Employees want a sense of job progression tied to increasing benefits no matter what they do for a living. Intel sometimes leaves this too much in the employee's hands. Use the technical roles as a guide -- figure out how to simulate the "principal engineer" track in the non-technical fields.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!