Intel Corporation

3.8 3,232 reviews

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

3,232 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Mostly good work-life balance unless you don't get along with your manager""
    in 355 reviews
  • "Opportunity to work on cutting edge technology"
    in 115 reviews
Cons:
  • "Talk too much about work life balance but won't really honor that concept"
    in 139 reviews
  • "Sometimes long hours and finding that work/life balance can be challenging"
    in 80 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

One of the best run companies I've worked for

Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Intel Corporation

ProsCEO and senior leadership team are excellent with good vision. Good compensation and benefits but make your best deal going in. Comp levels are rarely addressed for changes in market place.

ConsManagement team below senior levels needs development. Legacy issues keep the company from being as agressive as it could be.

An Engineering motivated company with ample Career growth

Performance Architect (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsDay to day activity involves complex engineering problem solving.
Accomplishment acknowledgements and promotions.
Engineering culture with no work place politics to allow growth and development in all verticals and horizontals based on individual interest

ConsLarge corporation dealing with lot of nuclear business units, aids growth but possibly with loss of efficiency when untamed.
Technology talent/funding invested largely in the core businesses, more motivation to invest talent in new ideas could provide spin-off business portfolios at lower investments.

Fab Process Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFast paced, high tech, opportunity for advancement exists for those that excel. Benefits package is competitive with industry competition. Management typically worked with employees who needed modified work schedules like earlier start or delayed start. On shift opportunities exist for exempt engineers if desired.

Cons24x7 manufacturing plant that relies heavily on engineering input/judgement that requires engineering call in after hours.

Great place to work as a CW (Green Badge)

PPV Engineering Maintenance Tech (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Intel Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

ProsI worked there for 18 months as a CW. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all the people, both Engineers, Managers and Lab Leads, in particular in the PPV Lab, Austin TX. and other CW's. I especially enjoyed the various challenges that occurred almost daily to complete the daily/months product schedules. I appreciated working with the Engineers (HW and SW) that were always will to share their knowledge.

ConsNothing to do with Intel, just the Austin traffic, really nothing as compared to the California Bay Area.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep thing going as you are and always remember the Employees.

Intel Corporation

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat co-workers, pay and benefits are solid.

ConsCyclical nature of the business.

Rewarding but becoming more bureaucratic.

Technical Program Manager (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits and perks are great.

ConsPolitics and resistance to change

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because you've always done it this way attitude doesn't work anymore.

I've had a great experience at Intel, however the culture has changed dramatically.

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)
Ocotillo, Maricopa, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe benefits package is one of the best in the country, and there are many perks. The company hold true to the values.

ConsNo such thing as Work Life Effectiveness. Too many sacrifices. New hires may have false impression of job duties; not so much as hands on technical role, but a project management role. Not a place to learn your craft.

12 years in

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe work-life balance is good but it is entirely up to the employee to enforce, otherwise Intel will take any and all time you have. Good opportunities to learn on the job by covering for those on sabbatical but very hard to get tuition covered these days. Opportunity to work on leading edge technologies and a market leader. Compensation as a whole is good.

ConsNew office layouts are a change for the worse, very distracting and no assigned cubes can make it hard to track down your coworkers from day to day. Base pay seems a bit lower than other tech companies.

Like other big company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros- Work life balance is pretty great. Flexible in managing your schedule most of the time, except close to deadline.
- Many opportunities in the company because there are so many different departments to choose from. It's possible to move horizontally to another position.
- Working on the next generation technology.

Cons- Like other big company, bureaucracy is a big problem. Decision is slow.
- Even though base salary is comparable when you join, the year to year raise doesn't keep up with inflation.
- Depend on your group, promotion could be hard, because everybody is trying to earn credits to be visible.

Advice to Senior Management- Don't dispatch multiple teams to work on the same outcome. It creates this internal conflict that reduces our competitive edges.
- Have a clear direction on where the company is going, instead of trying multiple directions without any focus.

More options at a larger site.

Component Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Hudson, MA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInteresting projects with good pay and benefits.

ConsVery tight demanding schedules which are micro managed. Lots of late nights.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpin off some new business and give them the freedom to operate effectively.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 3,232 reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.