Intel Corporation
3.8 of 5 3,257 reviews
www.intel.com Santa Clara, CA 5000+ Employees

Intel Corporation Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "Very good work-life balance - atleast my position is around a 40 hr work week"
    in 393 reviews
  • "I'm very proud of working with cutting edge technology"
    in 125 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance can be a challenge as there are always more things to do"
    in 147 reviews
  • "Very heavy decision making processes, usually involving a lot of stake holders"
    in 94 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent pay and benefits. Company treats employees very well indeed.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFantastic pay, flexible time off, smart and passionate people. Opportunity to live anywhere and work remotely for some employees.

ConsDispersed workforce can impact team dynamics - many people prefer face-to-face interactions with co-workers, but at Intel most interactions are over email/IM or by phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the Employee Bonus adjusted by performance. Having a fixed payout regardless of performance ranking removes much of the incentive for working harder. Many folks aim for "just good enough" since they still get the full bonus.

My Work

I T Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood working eviroment team work support from top level.

Consmoving out of city due to increase crime in town

Good company in IC design

Component Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsLeader in innovation in IC design

ConsPoor management and takes too much time to come to a decision

Intel is a Great Place to Work

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work life Balance.
Lots of Freedom to challenge yourself

ConsLower pay than some other Silicon Valley giants.

Great place to work, learned a lot and advanced my career.

Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent compensation, benefits and work life balance. Working with cutting edge technology is exciting and mentally stimulating. Makes me glad I chose engineering as a career.

ConsSometimes the pressure and stress levels get too high. Many times there is more work than people to do it but it still must be accomplished

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communications open with all employees, even junior engineers should know how the business is going.

Sr. Network Software Engineer

Senior Network Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLots of super smart people to work with

ConsVery big company has it's management issues

Leader has lost its way

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIntel has been a highly recognized industry leader that compensates its employees well; high salary, 2 bonuses per year, stock options (grant plus RSUs), great medical plan (Cigna) and other great benefits. The Intel name looks great on your resume and can boost your career. Intel has many very intelligent and dedicated employees that want the company to succeed. But...

ConsThe best way to currently describe Intel is "High Risk". The company has struggled with poor leadership and has stopped living the core values that made Intel great. Since founder Andy Grove retired, an executive power struggle ensued over the past 10 years and many of the best senior managers have left for better opportunities or due to health issues. Intel has prided itself in driving industry transitions but has absolutely missed the mobile revolution (smartphones and tablets) and is ill positioned to catch up to it's ARM competition (Apple, Qualcomm, Samsung, TI, etc). There is little work-life balance despite frequent HR programs to improve moral so expect to typically work 60-70 hours per week and in excess of 80 during peek times, including early morning, late evening and weekends. I traveled up to 60% of the time domestic and international but 20-30% is typical. Bottom line is your family and you will pay for the pay. I worked there for over 20 years, loved the first several years and believed that I would finish my career at Intel. Then things changed and would now not consider returning again.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake wholesale changes before it is too late: exec team must visibly role model original Intel values and refocus the entire company on them, remove excessive senior management (grade 10+) and get senior managers to cooperate together for benefit of company, eliminate rank and rate reviews and motivate teams to work together for common goals, shutter unsuccessful business units and dramatically scale back corporate programs offering little ROI, listen to your customers and sell strategically instead of driving customers to follow your roadmaps which are no longer industry leading, bet the boat on the Atom processor because if you loose the low power transition then you'll be relegated to niches of servers and gaming platforms. Don't pretend to be a platform company when you realistically sell just processors and comms. Intel is not a SW company and never will be so don't waste any more time trying. Stop buying other companies because you haven't successfully integrated a single one, thus wasting billions of dollars. Hope your manufacturing team continues to lead process transitions because this is strategically critical.

Challenging and a different experience.

Technician (Former Employee)
Rio Rancho, NM

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood salary and benefits. Three to four days off each week

ConsOn your feet for long periods of time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of at the present.

Best at its core business but needs a new direction

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAdvanced technologies, great benefits and give back to the community.

ConsLots of politics. Always the same group people get the best reviews and promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease find a new direction for Intel. Find it early and do it fast.

Stable but boring place to work for some

Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for less than a year

ProsEasy going culture can relax at work without consequence

ConsFixed flows. Less room for innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop politicking

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 222 reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.