Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich

Brian M. Krzanich

428 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not a great experience

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood team members and smart people created a good opportunity to learn

ConsLots of politics and red tape

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to learn

Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsFantastic, talented co-workers. As a company, Intel really cares about employees. It's a large, diverse organization, so it's relatively easy to find new opportunities once you define your career objectives.

ConsLately it seems like too many people working on the same problems. Makes the environment less gratifying in terms of your personal contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes throwing more people at the problem doesn't get you a new answer.

Summer Internship

Graduate Research Intern (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat place to work! Lots of opportunity to network with people. Events almost every week to meet new groups/interns/managers/project members. Opportunities to take lots of training and learn.

ConsGetting acquainted with processes takes some time..

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very nice corp.

Chemical Process Eng (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsLearn a lot of process.

ConsLost of equipment to wear

Advice to Senior Managementwork more closely with staff

Intel

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat place to work, Intel has regular employee events
    Located right off of 101 Highway
    Still has sabbatical after 7 years
    Interesting work
    Free fruit and drinks

ConsNeed to drive out if you want to eat outside of the cafe
    Working with engineers is more difficult since the engineers are spread all over the globe in various time zones

Such great potential, resources, and people encumbered by past success.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsIntel is light years of the competition in the areas of semiconductor process engineering and manufacturing. And some of the best people I have encountered in the hardware and SOC development areas. For hardware engineering, and software to a lesser degree, offers amazing resources and challenges for a technical contributor. Has interesting and challenging problems to solve. If you get in the right group can really be a great experience. BK and most of the exec staff have a true appreciation of people and creating a good work environment. Good benefits. Physical work environment for me was good (1970s era cubicles with separate lab space), but rapidly converting to mobile work environment which is *horrible* for technical/knowledge workers.

ConsBig, slow, encumbered by past success, unable to move crisply and decisively to take advantage of opportunities. New experienced execs brought in to build new agile organizations only succeed in building self-serving fiefdoms.

I came to Intel after having worked at several start-ups (I had also been a Founder in the past). Very, very bureaucratic - one spends 90% of your time justifying your existence and 10% doing actual work. Intel has a disease prevalent at many large aging organizations that are coasting on past success: information hoarding and herds of people spending time guarding their turf. In a start-up environment I spent a lot of time working with colleagues to get things done. At Intel I spent too much time justifying what I was doing, and why working to address other orgs fears that I (and my org) would encroach on their turf. Very depressing.

My first two levels of management (immediate supervisor and Director) were horrible - long time Intel employees who managed me remotely and had no clue about what I should be doing, and what I was doing. THis despite proactive weekly status reports from me. I don't think my immediate manager ever read any status reports I sent. After I left Intel I also found out he also failed to pass along any mgt feedback requests from HR.

Advice to Senior Management0. "Product Management" at Intel is totally broken, fix it. The Strategic Planning function worked for Intel 10 years ago, doesn't anymore. Switch to 1) Product Management model rather than Strategic Planning, 2) empower Product Managers with significant product responsibility, including P&L, 3) distribute Product Mgt function to product divisions, not centralized at the corporate level. And most important break-up SSG and integrate core functions with corresponding silicon design teams.
    1. Ditch mobile work-stations. These are very dehumanizing, worse than cubicles. One has no "Intel home" which for many people gives them pride and a sense of ownership. Horrible idea.
    2. Make sure you get meaningful and timely feedback directly from individual contributors on their management chain up thru VP (I worked directly with this level). Do not rely on mgt to solicit and deliver this information.
    3. Fewer VPs, more individual contributors with autonomy, resources, and responsibility to get things done.
    4. Divorce TMG from X86 architecture, open the doors for Intel Fabs to aggressively compete with TSMC and GF. The fabless model is the future and the sooner Intel gets on that boat the better.
    5. Take x86 ISA off the pedestal - let alternative architectures developed internally compete.

Good company to work at.

Modem Systems Architect (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood working environment and amble cash in the bank

ConsIntegration after Acquisition doesn't go well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamlined integration is needed to increase the value of the acquisition

Good technology, good engineers, rigid culture, dull atmosphere.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsMany very smart people, lots of projects and areas to work in. Location choice (between California, Oregon, Arizona, Massachusetts, and a few smaller sites). Option to work from home at least some days.

ConsA lot of bureaucracy: weekly and monthly status reports. Not a lot of initiative. Ultimately, it's a manufacturing company so that side of the business dictates the rules. A lot of collaborative work involves participants in different sites and countries, so meetings, including regular ones can be scheduled at odd hours. Massive buildings full of grey cubicles.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward initiative. Replace rows of grey cubicles with something more lively, after all in the Bay Area you are competing with Google, Facebook, and Apple.

OK company

Senior Component Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsAt intel, you can find work life balance. It is very hard to find anywhere else in semiconductor industry.

ConsThe company is huge; there are too many people there, and the opportunitie to grow is very limited. Sometimes the skills you gained at intel is not that useful outside, as the methodolgy are different.

Component design engineer

Component Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat place for interns to start and a recent graduate. Flexible work culture.

ConsLess pay hikes and non effective bonus giving strategies. Hard to stay in company since last 6 months after reorg!!!

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

At Intel, we're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun playing the new Intel ChipMan game As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation reviews and ratings in Santa Clara, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich. All 428 reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees.