Intela

Intela Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Jim Mansfield

Great place to work!

QA Test Analyst (Former Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsFlexibility to go to gym at lunch or ride a bike. The people that I worked with were very warm and welcome. They endure a Friday beer tradition. I felt like the workload was very fast passed and past the time quickly. Even though a lot of the development staff got cut we all came together and tried to help each other out with resources to find new employment.

Consnot much of a notice when things go down hill. When things do go bad they go bad very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees know when to start looking for work. come out of your office and talk to your employees a bit to let them know you are around if they need some help.

Downtown Boulder Office

ProsGreat People and Location! Good breakout of teams and knowledge base of employees. Great employee events and promotions.

ConsRed Tape..... Lack of accountability. Most promotions came from outside hires. Way too many meetings that had no purpose.

Enjoyed my Time working there

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood atmosphere, Fun coworkers, Not to stressful

ConsPoor upper management, they dont really care about their employees.. everyone is replaceable

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your people - they are the ones making you money

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible management

Email Marketing Analyst (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsCasual office, great amount of time off

Cons-people in management who should not be in management
    -poor training
    -unorganized
    -boring work that requires no thinking
    -many employees take advantage of the laid back atmosphere and choose to look at dating websites and make grunting noises

Advice to Senior Management-Put better people in management - people who actually have time to train new employees and aren't passive aggressive

One of the most poorly managed companies I've worked for.

Boulder, CO

ProsThere are some great people that work at Intela. They're fun to be around, they're thoughtful, considerate and talented. They believe in teamwork and will help out whenever they can. These people work hard and can still manage time for a laugh.

ConsNone of the people described in the "Pros" section are management. Management has one favorite group and they get all the special treatment. Everyone else is looked down upon as if they're just "the help." The people at the top seem to be lacking any business school training and they prove this by handing out arbitrary titles like "Vice President" and "Director." There are more directors in the company than there are people working under them. The technical leadership is a joke. There are plenty of out dated ideas and methodologies, and when new suggestions are presented, they're scoffed at. Most of the technology is cobbled together as an afterthought and everything is an emergency fix. There's no forward thinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending that you guys are experts at running start ups. Treat all your employees fairly, listen to them and take their advice. Make sure every group gets the help they need to complete the tasks and accomplish the goals put in front of them. Understand what your employees jobs are. And get new technical leadership that can design for the future, not just apply band-aids on today.

My worst career move ever...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsInteresting projects that are at the cutting edge. Some Lower level folks are great to work with... Great location.

ConsVP and above are unapproachable, and lack leadership abilities and do not communicate a vision to employees. This creates an environment of competing projects, pettiness and always changing goals.

Management meanders to whatever is the pet project of week or day, always changing direction, always making it an emergency and expecting everybody to work late and weekends to complete. Process is a dirty word here...

Company lacks structure and defined roles (no structure charts exist), making it extremely difficult to understand who does what and who has authority. High turnover causes additional disruption...

3AM operation support calls are normal routine including the weekends...as an operational group has not been established, even though the company runs 24x7...this relates back to lack of leadership and vision.

Company is basically a spammer...though it is advertised as "Email Marketing" and "Lead Generation".

Advice to Senior ManagementLead the company by creating a vision and then investing in that vision.
    Set Priorities and stick with them.
    Value Employees and empower them.
    Create structure by having yearly goals and supporting budgets.

Had the best time at Intela!!!

Country Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGreat culture, lots of motivated/young professionals from all over the world! Always room for growth if you work hard and have the right attitude. Lots of activities and social events organised after work with an awesome weekly Beer Friday. Great location in the middle of London. Lots of opportunities to travel and gain experience in presenting yourself at trade shows and client side. Great equipment with Mac's for most of the staff and a good IT help desk.

ConsIntela had to deal with some negative personalities who brought down the atmosphere in the office. Office in London is too small and needs replacement. Workload can be too much now and then. Working in the evenings and weekends is not an exception with not enough people for certain regions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be good to find a nice, spacious office. Reward staff when you see they are doing an amazing job (which most of them do)!!

A wonderful place to work with a fantastic international team

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsIndependence to grow your own business lines. Excellent reputation in the market. To client list with international brand names featuring highly. Impressive results. Operating in all over the world. Not afraid to break new markets. Intelligent and creative team from all over the world. Central London location to be envied. Hands off management style

ConsCo-ordination with both US offices can be tricky. London offices are tired...but I heard new offices are being actively considered.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore company events please.

Such a bad work experience

(Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsIntela did hire good people; some of them have a good ethic and were motivated to overachieve.
    The salary is good if you know how to negotiate it, they also have a good commission’s scheme.
    Last good point is their equipment, you get good machines to work and have IT assistance when needed.

ConsThere is no proper management; many of the managers are inexperienced and unprofessional. This is creating a terrible atmosphere. People are scared to talk or express their opinion. I don’t think this is normal to harass employees and treat some of them differently. HR should investigate what is really going on in some team. It is not normal to have people leaving one by one without questioning the manager’s behavior. Some managers can’t dissociate private life from professional life.
    It had the potential to become a great company but they lost it. There is a big turnover among employees. Even though they pay good salaries, no one stays, even people that were recently hired. They also expect people to work extra hours constantly plus the weekend (with no compensation).
    Even though I liked the job I was doing, leaving Intela is the best decision I’ve made. They do not respect their employees. They are just interested in making revenue and getting new clients. Even though this is a business, it is also important to make your employees happy.

Advice to Senior Management- Learn to be flexible and treat all employees fairly
    - Manage people instead of being interested in the latest gossip
    - Hire experienced managers that know what management actually is
    - Have an ethic and values
    - Stop pretending there are no problems and that you are the best company – there is a reason why people keeps resigning every week

great experience

Publisher Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Prosthe environment and the people

Consthey needed to employ an admin staff to do the paper work

Advice to Senior Managementlike them all

Worked for Intela? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intela reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intela CEO Jim Mansfield. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Intela employees.