Intelect

Add Photos

Rohit H. Patel

This Company rocks

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI heard of Intelect via a friend and have never regreted it. I have been working here for 5+ years and the company has been growing every year. The company is the most innovative company in the region and the work variety is amazing. I have worked on at least a dozen projects and learnt so much from the talented engineers, co-workers, admin staff, and mangement teams. We have constant change and like most companies we have workers and we have slackers. The workers get the job done, this despite slackers who are the biggest complainers (bad apples). Compensation is fair and the benefits are great. They include: vacation, health, dental, vision, life, 401K. The company seems to jacking up the benefits each year. Another plus is that the work environment allows each employee the freedom to get a job done right. For example, we are provided all necessary resources, tools, help, and realistic time frame expectations to make a job successful. I love working here - It is the best job I have ever had.

ConsToo much trust in the hands of some that take advantage of the latitude the company provides.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employees who create drama go quickly! There is no room for them in great companies like ours.

Work for intelect is ok

Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery disversifed we work on many different projects

ConsDon't give out many raised

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a employee evaluation

Some growing pains, but overall a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery broad scope of work, keeping busy during a tough economy. CEO and COO are very interested and involved in growing the company.

ConsBenefits could be better, especially time off and health insurance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre at best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsManagement will leave you alone if you work out of the office, and for the most part, in the office as well. For the most part, you can get on with your job they way you see fit.
    Staff are generally friendly towards one-another.
    The pay is fairly decent for the level of difficulty.

ConsThough you might be left alone to do your work, you certainly don't want to be left out of what is happening in the company. Working offsite will definitely leave you feeling on the outside.
    Benefits are the worst. When working for a small owner-operated company, you should know that you are working to make someone else wealthy, yet most companies try to hide that fact, not at Intelect. Only 8 days of PTO, no health/dental insurance, no training. I would have taken less pay for health insurance.
    Too much of a focus on a small group of engineers. Granted, they come up with the ideas that win the proposals, but when all the focus is on just a handful of folks, everyone else is left out in the cold. Hence, there is a high-level of turn-over in the ranks.
    This is acompany that, though it has grown in numbers, it won't be much different ten years from now. Thus, the positions are dead-end jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe revenue is certainly there to do provide a better set of benefits. I have worked for smaller companies than Intelect, with far less revenue, and had much better benefits. If you don't want to provide the benefits, then at least increase the salaries.
    Stop focusing on a few engineers and pay more attention to those who are also helping to make you wealthy.

Worked for Intelect? Contribute to the Community!