Intelicare Direct Reviews

4.5
Gabriel Bristol

1. Very good company

I have been working at Intelicare Direct

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling and also coworkers are helpful and very friendly. Time off requests are usually approved. Easy format for the job and advancement opportunities

Cons

There is no earned sick time or PTO. Other than that I have no other cons that I can think of at this time.

I really don't have any at this time. I really don't have any at this time. I really don't have any at this time.

2. Just what I needed!

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really like how you could bring your kids to work. That way you do not have to choose between being a parent and being a great employee. We were paid weekly and had weekly bonuses!

Cons

Parking! You have to get here a little earlier to get decent parking. Sometimes you have to park on the street instead of in the parking lot.

Management can be a little gruff sometimes because they don't always think about how what they're saying is going to come across.

3. Decent Pay to protect a scammy website

Former Employee - Member Care Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Member Care Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intelicare Direct

Pros

Very simple job. You get to do whatever you want between calls. So if you are going to school, like to read, or be on facebook all day, this job is perfect. The pay is good for the amount of work. The office is nice, cool set up.

Cons

You are defending a company even though the customers bad review is usually true.
    They are very strict about your attendance. This is understandable,. However, if you are going through some rough times, car trouble, family issues, etc., they do not make exceptions. People have had to take an "occurrence" due to a death in the family, car accident, and their own child being born.
    No paid time off or sick pay. You can request UNPAID time off. That to, how ever, is often denied..

Understand that even the most reliable person can go through a bad time in their life. Update the website you are hired to represent so that you won't have so many angry customers.

5. Great People, Great Company!

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere! Easy job is you have half a brain. No crappy product to sell. Easily accessible via public transit. Good leadership and robust company culture. People actually don't HATE being here (which means more than you think).

Cons

Upward mobility isn't broad enough to encourage MCRs to seek advancement.

Use less subjective metrics when determining the worth of an MCR to the company. A person who gives away more money but SAVES more money than a person who gives less away but doesn't save as much should not be judged on the same one sided metric.

6. I like everything so far

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've had a really good experience here so far. The people are really nice, the Team Leads seem like they're really concerned about our team's production and willing to help. I started off with one shift and was able to switch after a few months to a schedule that works better for me, and I'm very grateful for that. Not a lot of jobs let you do that.

Cons

I guess the only "con" I have isn't the company's fault, it's mine! I've worked here a little over three months and when I get home after my shift I've still on occasion answered my home phone by saying "Thank you for calling..." Ugh!

My experience has been good. I've enjoyed it. If I had any constructive criticism, it would be that the people who work on other clients seem somehow separate from each other. If we could figure out how to improve that, it would be great, but I don't have any suggestions on how.

Certainly not perfect, but much better than I thought it would be

Current Employee - MCR in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - MCR in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get full insurance coverage on the first of the month following at least 30 days of employment. People are really friendly and you get to do fun events during work days. There is subsidized food program that is restocked on a daily basis with fresh additions. You are also free to go on Facebook or surf the web in-between incoming calls and that time can really add up, especially early in the mornings. Finally, the room for promotion is vast, as the company is quickly growing and expanding. They're about to open another branch in San Jose, in addition to Las Vegas and San Diego ones.

Cons

Occurrences. The policy for being late to work or late clocking back in from lunch is very, very strict. If you're more than 3 minutes late to either one, you get an occurrence. If you call out from work for any reason, without getting approved time off at least 72 hours in advance, you get an occurrence. 5 occurrences = automatic termination. It takes 90 days for an occurrence to roll off. If you show up more than an hour late for work without calling in at any point, you automatically get fired. It doesn't matter if you just started, if you're a supervisor, or even if you're an assistant call center manager. This is an absolutely zero tolerance policy. Invest in multiple alarm clocks.

You're a great company, but please at least consider somewhat revising the occurrences policy. Psychologically, it is very taxing to have this stressful burden always in the back of your mind. It can be difficult to get a good night's worth of sleep, when you know that if, for whatever reason, you alarm clocks and your backup alarm clocks fail you, you will be immediately out of a job and the health benefits that it provides. There has to be a better way to compromise stressing the importance of attendance and punctuality with emotional well-being of your employees.

8. An Honest Company

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is an honest company. Here's what I mean... The work isn't glamorous. It's taking inbound calls from customers all day. Sometimes the customers are nice, sometimes they're not, but that's true with ANY job. The company is honest about that and gives you skills to handle it (where else do you get taught on how to handle an angry customer? That's a skill I have learned here that I can take wherever I go...). They're also honest about the work itself, how it can be a little repetitive. Because of that you know EXACTLY what you're getting into when you get hired here. There's no surprises. I guess the best part is that because the company is honest about all those things, they do a LOT of things to try and make it fun. The result is that this is a pretty cool place to work to earn a paycheck.

Cons

I work in the Las Vegas office. We're a pet-friendly office and sometimes accidents happen, which means that the carpet could use a refresher. Otherwise, the place is nice and big and there's plenty of parking.

Keep doing what you're doing.

9. Don't Believe The Negative. This Is A Good Company

Current Employee - Member Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Let's see... they pay every week, they have parties a couple of times a month, they pay you to volunteer with local charities and they give you a full medical plan. There's room for promotions and the people are nice. I've read the negative reviews here and they seem written by people who USED to work here, meaning they got fired. Well, they got terminated for a reason. They're just bitter.

Cons

There are a lot of people who work here who could be a little cleaner. They have a janitor but he can't be here every minute of every day. People could be a little better about cleaning up after themselves.

The bonus we get for meeting our customer service goals is great, but if that could be paid in a way that wasn't taxed that would be really super awesome.

10. Great Opportunities

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing fast so there are a lot of upward mobility opportunities. I started here 6 months ago and have already been promoted. I get full time work, benefits and I can even bring my dog to work.

Cons

Because the company only offers full time work, some people I know who would be really good at this job as a second job can't work here. That's ok, but they would be really good.

When I was first hired I was scared to death of the occurences policy. It's not that it's a bad policy, it isn't. It's just that the way it was explained when I first got here made it sound like this big negative thing. After I had been here a couple of weeks I realized how good it really was. I think the company can do a better job of explaining it in a way that makes it sound positive instead of negative.

11. The Pay is Fair For the Work

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company does a lot to make sure it's engaging its employees. They have a fun committee, a fun room, and the training is very thorough. The pay isn't great, but it's better than fast food for sure! I would say the pay is fair for the work we do. It's not too high, it's not too low. There is also the opportunity to make a bonus and that's very simple to do. The company has a generic health plan but it's a health plan, and they pay most of it for you, so that's really good.

Cons

Parking! Sometimes finding a place to park is a challenge and you have to park on the street.

If there is a way to increase the parking that would be great.

Intelicare Direct Photos

Our Fun Room for Parties!
Working hard!