Intelicare Direct

Updated March 5, 2015
Updated March 5, 2015
4.5

Gabriel Bristol

I like everything so far

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've had a really good experience here so far. The people are really nice, the Team Leads seem like they're really concerned about our team's production and willing to help. I started off with one shift and was able to switch after a few months to a schedule that works better for me, and I'm very grateful for that. Not a lot of jobs let you do that.

Cons

I guess the only "con" I have isn't the company's fault, it's mine! I've worked here a little over three months and when I get home after my shift I've still on occasion answered my home phone by saying "Thank you for calling..." Ugh!

My experience has been good. I've enjoyed it. If I had any constructive criticism, it would be that the people who work on other clients seem somehow separate from each other. If we could figure out how to improve that, it would be great, but I don't have any suggestions on how.

An Honest Company

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is an honest company. Here's what I mean... The work isn't glamorous. It's taking inbound calls from customers all day. Sometimes the customers are nice, sometimes they're not, but that's true with ANY job. The company is honest about that and gives you skills to handle it (where else do you get taught on how to handle an angry customer? That's a skill I have learned here that I can take wherever I go...). They're also honest about the work itself, how it can be a little repetitive. Because of that you know EXACTLY what you're getting into when you get hired here. There's no surprises. I guess the best part is that because the company is honest about all those things, they do a LOT of things to try and make it fun. The result is that this is a pretty cool place to work to earn a paycheck.

Cons

I work in the Las Vegas office. We're a pet-friendly office and sometimes accidents happen, which means that the carpet could use a refresher. Otherwise, the place is nice and big and there's plenty of parking.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Don't Believe The Negative. This Is A Good Company

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Let's see... they pay every week, they have parties a couple of times a month, they pay you to volunteer with local charities and they give you a full medical plan. There's room for promotions and the people are nice. I've read the negative reviews here and they seem written by people who USED to work here, meaning they got fired. Well, they got terminated for a reason. They're just bitter.

Cons

There are a lot of people who work here who could be a little cleaner. They have a janitor but he can't be here every minute of every day. People could be a little better about cleaning up after themselves.

The bonus we get for meeting our customer service goals is great, but if that could be paid in a way that wasn't taxed that would be really super awesome.

Great Opportunities

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing fast so there are a lot of upward mobility opportunities. I started here 6 months ago and have already been promoted. I get full time work, benefits and I can even bring my dog to work.

Cons

Because the company only offers full time work, some people I know who would be really good at this job as a second job can't work here. That's ok, but they would be really good.

When I was first hired I was scared to death of the occurences policy. It's not that it's a bad policy, it isn't. It's just that the way it was explained when I first got here made it sound like this big negative thing. After I had been here a couple of weeks I realized how good it really was. I think the company can do a better job of explaining it in a way that makes it sound positive instead of negative.

The Pay is Fair For the Work

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company does a lot to make sure it's engaging its employees. They have a fun committee, a fun room, and the training is very thorough. The pay isn't great, but it's better than fast food for sure! I would say the pay is fair for the work we do. It's not too high, it's not too low. There is also the opportunity to make a bonus and that's very simple to do. The company has a generic health plan but it's a health plan, and they pay most of it for you, so that's really good.

Cons

Parking! Sometimes finding a place to park is a challenge and you have to park on the street.

If there is a way to increase the parking that would be great.

Fun company to work for with LOTS of room for growth!

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Intelicare Direct has been a wonderful place to work at. I feel appreciated as an employee here and valued for the time and effort I put in to my job. In the time that I have been here I have been able to advance within the company and challenged to do bigger and better things with each advancement. I really appreciate the fact that working hard and doing a quality job is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

I would say a con would have to be the turn-over rate. It's tough to put time and effort into people who end up leaving for whatever reason.

Opportunity Abounds If You Put The Effort In

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Intelicare Direct has grown very quickly in a short space of time. As such there is a lot of opportunity for promotion and the company has a track record of hiring from within. I myself have been promoted twice since joining the company just over six months ago. The company is a dynamic and fast-moving organisation and you really get the feeling that, as a team, we are going somewhere special. The staff is cosmopolitan in every sense of the word and the company's core values encourage respect and teamwork to foster a real sense of community and family.

Cons

Like other call center companies, staff turnover can be high, although in my eyes that just creates more opportunity for those who stick around and are good at their jobs.

Communicate! We have a lot to say and some great stories to share so make sure everyone throughout the company knows about it.

An awesome place to grow where you don't mind going to work.

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Intelicare Direct is a job where you don't wake up every day dreading going to work. There are constantly appreciation events that are a lot of fun and nearly everyone you work with is enjoyable to be around. The culture is amazing and realies heavily on the company's core values (respect, honesty, attention to detail, passionate about helping others, sense of humor, work hard, have fun, goal oriented, team work, and willingness to learn). There are always opportunities to learn new things and move up in the company. The work is easy as long as you put effort into it and show up for work ready on a day to day basis. Plus you can bring your pets to work! I plan on staying here a long while, and it is wonderful that I have a place I feel comfortable enough working for to say that.

Cons

I can honestly on think of one thing I believe is a challenge of working here; the paid time off policy. You get a very minimal amount which makes it difficult to take the time to go visit family and friends that live far distances. It is hard to maintain a good standing and be able to pay your bills if you ever decide to take a week off and leave the state. Other than that, no complaints.

Continue the GRRRREAT work!

The company that cares for it employees

Current Employee - MCR in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - MCR in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I feel like my work is valued and appreciated. Opportunities are always popping up for advancement. Expectations are clearly defined for my position. We have fun events 3 times a week where the company shows their appreciation to their employees. We are allowed to bring our pets and children to work with us.

Cons

There are no sick days or vacation days given to employees. Sometimes it is difficult dealing with customers that cannot be made happy with the resolutions we are able to offer to their problem or concern.

It is nice to know the company promotes within over 90% of the time, but it would be nice if we had other opportunities to increase our salaries.

World Class Company

Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Intelicare Direct gives you all of the tools you need to go as far as you want in your career and encourages personal and professional growth. The work environment is one of a kind where everyone is made to feel comfortable, confident, and appreciated.

Cons

I have never worked anywhere that allowed such freedom as bringing animals and children to work as well as meal and fitness programs. As far as I am concerned I have yet to see a con.

Our management team is out of this world! Thank you for all you do!

Intelicare Direct Photos

Our Fun Room for Parties!
Working hard!