Intelicare Direct

Updated August 23, 2014
Updated August 23, 2014
4.7

Gabriel Bristol

Most unprofessional place I have ever worked

Former Employee - Team Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff, monthly office events.

Cons

Most of the equipment in this building is old and run down. The management staff do not take ideas from others unless they are the ones that come up with them. The pay is nothing for the amount of work Team Managers do. Taking phone calls, monitoring agents calls weekly, handling reports and even running the training classes!

Listen to those that have worked at other companies for tips and advice on improving the company. Pay your employees more for the BS that they have to deal with on the phone because of the client they service. Make employees aware of changes to the website so they don't sound like they don't know what they are talking about. Get new desks, computers and headsets to help the company feel like the type of call center you want to be.

An awesome place to grow where you don't mind going to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Intelicare Direct is a job where you don't wake up every day dreading going to work. There are constantly appreciation events that are a lot of fun and nearly everyone you work with is enjoyable to be around. The culture is amazing and realies heavily on the company's core values (respect, honesty, attention to detail, passionate about helping others, sense of humor, work hard, have fun, goal oriented, team work, and willingness to learn). There are always opportunities to learn new things and move up in the company. The work is easy as long as you put effort into it and show up for work ready on a day to day basis. Plus you can bring your pets to work! I plan on staying here a long while, and it is wonderful that I have a place I feel comfortable enough working for to say that.

Cons

I can honestly on think of one thing I believe is a challenge of working here; the paid time off policy. You get a very minimal amount which makes it difficult to take the time to go visit family and friends that live far distances. It is hard to maintain a good standing and be able to pay your bills if you ever decide to take a week off and leave the state. Other than that, no complaints.

Continue the GRRRREAT work!

The company that cares for it employees

Current Employee - MCR in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - MCR in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I feel like my work is valued and appreciated. Opportunities are always popping up for advancement. Expectations are clearly defined for my position. We have fun events 3 times a week where the company shows their appreciation to their employees. We are allowed to bring our pets and children to work with us.

Cons

There are no sick days or vacation days given to employees. Sometimes it is difficult dealing with customers that cannot be made happy with the resolutions we are able to offer to their problem or concern.

It is nice to know the company promotes within over 90% of the time, but it would be nice if we had other opportunities to increase our salaries.

World Class Company

Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Intelicare Direct gives you all of the tools you need to go as far as you want in your career and encourages personal and professional growth. The work environment is one of a kind where everyone is made to feel comfortable, confident, and appreciated.

Cons

I have never worked anywhere that allowed such freedom as bringing animals and children to work as well as meal and fitness programs. As far as I am concerned I have yet to see a con.

Our management team is out of this world! Thank you for all you do!

Intelicare Direct is a very comfortable employer to work for.

Current Employee - Member Care Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Member Care Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture at Intelicare Direct is outstanding. There is respect full circle from employee to management and all departments in between. This makes my co-workers feel like they are an extension of my family at work.

Cons

There are few to no challenges working for Intelicare Direct. One main con would be the equipment provided. The headsets are slightly under par, especially for the caliber of excellent customer care the company provides.

I believe management needs to be more environmentally friendly. Though management is reaching a goal to go paperless as a company, there are others ways we can reduce, reuse, and have less of a "footprint".

An incredibly company to work for.

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It has given me the opportunity to grow as an individual as well as a professional. Truly I have embraced all core values.

Cons

Competition is one the challenges I have faced. Only the BEST work here.

Keep up the good work.

Family oriented company who truly cares about the employees.

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have always loved this company from day 1. I love the fact that my management has always been so supportive from the beginning, and as I moved up in the company, I am now part of that support system that is the glue that keeps this company together. I have never seen Team Work like I do here at Intelicare Direct. This company has opened their arms up to me and my son, I couldn't thank them enough. We support our troops, we support people in need, it's those random acts of kindness that we do everyday that make me so proud to be a part of this wonderful company.

Cons

I am now part of the Las Vegas location, and it gets really HOT. It is difficult to take part in wellness walks when the desert sun is triple digits.

Career Opportunities!

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff is always warm and friendly, major room for growth, beautiful clean facilities and management's open door policy is a great plus! Our CEO puts his employees first and has made this company what it is today. Meal program, personal trainer, child and pet policy what more could you ask for?

Cons

I believe the meal program could use some changing. It makes it hard for the company to supply the food when employees do not pay their bill at the end of the week. It would be great to see more employees participating in the personal trainer classes we provide.

It would be great to have more town hall meetings with upper management to keep up to date with whats new.

This is a great company with a great culture.

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There aren't a lot of call center jobs where you only take in-bound calls, no cold-calls and where you have a set schedule when you know you'll have 2 days off in a row. There's also medical, dental and 401k. This is a career and not a job.

Cons

There aren't really a lot of cons that I can think of. They have a fitness program that not a lot of people participate in so the trainer doesn't really come very much. That's about the only negative.

Is there a way to initiate a green transportation initiative, to cut down on traffic, or encourage carpooling?

Home away from home

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits like 401K or life insurance. Being able to bring your kids & pets in are huge pros!!! Also having awesome office parties twice a month like 80's day or BBQ day. My co-workers are more than friends, they are family. The opportunites for advancement are endless!

Cons

No paid vacation time for hourly employees. Rude or sometimes vulgar customers.

Be humble!

Intelicare Direct Photos

Our Fun Room for Parties!
Working hard!