Intelius

Be The First To
Add Photos

Naveen Jain

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work, strongly team oriented.

I worked at Intelius full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of the smartest people I have worked with in my career. Everyone is a potential mentor and happy to help out and help you reach your goals. Lots of great places to eat. I enjoyed the teams I worked with and built great friendships.

ConsIt's hard to make lateral moves within the company. If you are a person that is not sure about what career path you want to take, this is not the place that will allow you to explore other opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to employees exploring career choices.

Sr. Program Mgr

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intelius full-time for more than a year

Proswork-life balance, friendly folks, no much pressure

Conslow pay, shady business practice, sub quality techies

Company with potential, no longer

I worked at Intelius full-time

ProsPros here include: Decent parking compensation program. Near Bellevue bus. Engineers on call get comped on cellular bill. Some smart folks work here who want to do good. Facilities and working areas are pretty new. Working on the 22nd or 16th floor offers good views of Bellevue.

ConsBaggage with a number of older projects, products and botched aquisitions. Lots of wild hair side projects to make a quick buck. Lack of concern for customer and delivering a quality product. Management will lie about a number of things to cover up issues with the company. Lack of willingness to admit failure to improve the business. Company also has a tendency to go low on compensation. Lately employee attrition has been high. Lack of respect for the CEO in the region. Intelius is not a well liked business in the region.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on one product and remove distractions. Learn from your mistakes, and become more accountable to your employees. They know when you make mistakes, so addressing them and making a plan to succeed in the future is key. Get a CEO who's focused on the company's success. The current one is focused on a number of projects. Intelius/Inome seems to be a side project.

lame people and no room to advance

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Intelius

Pros- Very low stress level, typical 9 - 5 office hours. Rarely need to work overtime.
- Easy to survive, too many slackers around this company, some so-called engineers and dev managers don't even know the basics. Which means no matter you are a fresh grad or entry level engineer, you will find yourself better than a lot of people here.

Cons- Salary and benefit are way below industry standard
- No room to grow, never haven't anyone get prompted during my time. However, they prompted a bunch of people because most talented hard workers left in the past few months.
- Expect to work with some noobs, this company still has some smart, hard working people, but you can count them with one hand. If you are unfortunate enough to work with one of the dev manager who only knows cowboy coding, good luck.
- Work with very legacy, hard to maintain code, while not being allowed to change anything as they are your manager's babies.
- Bad reputation, virtually no one knows Intelius and it has pretty bad reputation in Wall Street. IPO is simply a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good guys and get rid of the "older, wiser" boys.

satisfying and rewarding work wise

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intelius

ProsDynamic, fast paced work environment. Good work life balance

ConsPublic perception of the Company and CEO is not great

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove public perception of the company and CEO

Confusing environment.

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intelius

ProsThe compensation is fair but would not attach any value to option grants. Was slated to go public but that is unlikley now.

ConsLack of direction from leadership.

A Career Stepping Stone

I worked at Intelius

ProsOverall the company is filled with hard working individuals who are great at their jobs. However, the executive team and upper management are disorganized and only concerned about the bottom line. The company has the potential to make great products but they are more concerned with tricking their customer base and making sub-par products as quickly as possible.

ConsThe executive and management team want to create products that do not work, are designed with technologies and UIs from the 90s and want it all done "yesterday." Working throughout the company-it was all disorganized and ran by individuals with little expertise and knowledge. Directors may have been working for 5 years and lead whole product and business groups...how does that work?

There is rarely any room the advance, and if you do the only thing that changes is your title and you work longer hours. Expect to take a $10,000 pay cut and bonuses average to 1-2% and are not given on what you provided to the company but more on favoritism. So if you are not in the "boys" club there is no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate products that users actually want and need. Hire experienced employees and not newly graduated individuals. Your sub-standard products and "advertising" that is more trickery say a lot about the company. Clean up your image and more people would want to actually work there.

Most importantly, pay your employees industry standard salaries and they'll stay longer than a year.

Intelius

I worked at Intelius

ProsFast paced, highly profitable business. Highly competent executive management staff.

ConsBusiness market is limited to public records and background checks. Not much room for market expansion into different markets beyond public records and background checks.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees to help boost company morale

Great startup!

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intelius

ProsSuper entrepreneurial environment and growing fast. Management definitely gives you the resources to succeed and values smart, creative people. Leader in the space by far.

ConsIf you like micromanaging its not the place for you. Definitely an environment that you need to create your own destiny within.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have more company meetings and bring people up to speed on the overall vision, more internal communication is needed too in general.

Dynamic and Fast pace work environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intelius

ProsIntelius has some of the most talented people working. I would have to say that the group of people is the best reason to work for Intelius (not to mention the comprehensive medical benefits). Employees including Senior management are always there to help and teach when needed. It's an awesome place to grow as a person and your career.

ConsIt's not really a downside but work pace is very dynamic and have to move very fast on projects and work items. It may be downside for some people used to working at big companies that takes months to roll out products and services.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more people involved in decision making.

Worked for Intelius? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intelius reviews and ratings in Bellevue, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intelius CEO Naveen Jain. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Intelius employees.