Intellect Resources

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer and Go Live Support Consultant
    Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer and Go Live Support Consultant

I have been working at Intellect Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very professional and informative staff.

Cons

None that are apparent. IR raises the bar.

Great start into consulting business

I have been working at Intellect Resources

Pros

Travel pay support and experience

Cons

Client expectations change on a daily basis

PM involved in all aspects and communication is comprehensive and closed looped

Healthcare IT Consulting Firm with Integrity and Charm

Former Employee - EMR Consultant
    Former Employee - EMR Consultant

I worked at Intellect Resources as a contractor

Pros

Continuous opportunities for consultants with excellent job performance. Multiple chances are offered to learn from job performance mistakes or setbacks. Personalized attention is available to assist with career growth. Payroll is consistent with stated terms in contracts.

Cons

Small consulting firm that grew fast and encountered growing pain challenges like any other company.

Continue to educate all recruiters on skills and experience needed to adequately fill job openings for clients.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the good guys!

Current Employee - Trainer
    Current Employee - Trainer

I have been working at Intellect Resources as a contractor

Pros

I've worked with many other healthcare IT consulting firms and IR stands out as the best of the best. They take excellent care of consultants -- mid way through the project I got a Starbucks gift card for all my hard work.

Cons

Project based work. I wish I could join the team full time.

Very flexible work environment, demanding and challenging, but effort is recognized

Current Employee - Vice President Technology  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President Technology in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Intellect Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is growing fast, and that brings a lot of opportunity. However it is also small, so it's a very close knit group, and, regardless of your background and experience, you have the opportunity to get involved in, and learn about, all areas of the business. The CEO prides herself in treating everyone as an individual, and that comes across clearly, whether dealing with long term employees, short term consultants in the field, or clients, and is something we are all driven to do, too.

Cons

While we grow, our systems and processes, which suited a smaller company, have not kept up. Right now, that means a period of extreme and constant change, which might not suit everybody. Also, we pride ourselves on being very responsive to client needs, but that also might mean sudden changes of direction, so this is not an environment for someone who cannot work flexibly. Lastly, we take great pride in providing the best service for our clients, and have a low tolerance for those who do not have the required level of professionalism and commitment. Not everyone is prepared to put in that required effort, unfortunately.

Perhaps it's necessary to share some of the challenges faced, so that there is a better downstream understanding of the issues.

Great pay and lots of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Intellect Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Forward thinking consulting firm that had quadrupled in size which means there is tons of opportunity for growth. Very invested in employees' professional development.

Strong focus on the fun- an a Capella group on Valentine's Day, group lunches, paid admission to 5ks.

Cons

A fast paced environment isn't for everybody! You have to be prepared to work hard so you can play hard.

Continue driving revenue

Great team, challenging and rewarding work

Current Employee - Communication & Sourcing Specialist
    Current Employee - Communication & Sourcing Specialist

I have been working at Intellect Resources full-time

Pros

Working with Intellect Resources means working in a great environment. Everyone wants to see you succeed and employees motivate each other. My mentors are very supportive and the company really strives to take care of their employees. It has always been very apparent that the client is first in line on every decision.

Cons

The company continues to grow and change is inevitable. Learning to adapt to these changes quickly can be challenging.

Mixed

Former Employee - Independent Consultant  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Independent Consultant in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Intellect Resources as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Initial strong support of consultants

Cons

Low pay For consultants focus is on doing whatever it takes to make the client happy sometimes to the detriment of consultants

Treat your consultants with dignity

Crappy temp assignment, low pay

Current Employee - Credentialed Trainer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Credentialed Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Intellect Resources

Pros

Future employment prospects, as the current project stinks

Cons

No appreciation, bad working conditions.

Stop the lip service.

You can't help but feel there is something wrong with the way this company is run.

Current Employee - Credentialed Trainer
    Current Employee - Credentialed Trainer

I have been working at Intellect Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working environment is clean and the people you work with (peers) are talented and knowledgeable. For the most part, I've been well treated when it comes to balancing home life with work. I do however understand that others have not been so lucky.

Cons

Since being hired, there have been two layoffs. They claim budget constraints however the "event manager" has no operational background and has tailored the work environment to be as little hands on as possible. We get our schedules less than 12 hours in advance and only from day to day. She claims, "I understand, but that is the way this business is" and it is quickly becoming apparent from the 1am schedule emails Monday morning, that it’s simply just the way she chooses to do it.
    There are rumors of another lay off coming in October because the hospital that we are assigned to is hiring additional people from other companies. These additional people make twice as much per hour as we do for the same work, yet if this is the case it would be counterintuitive to hire more of them. IR is effectively pricing themselves out of the market and taking advantage of their employees. Morale is low and generally we feel taken advantage of because of our non-compete clause in our contract. If we leave, we can no longer work for the hospital we are currently assigned to. The CEO, Tiffany Crenshaw gave a great motivational speech (sarcasm) around June this year. She basically said, “If you quit before the go-live with the hospital, well, we <other companies> all talk and you’ll find it hard to find another job in this field.”
    I’m thoroughly disappointed in what seemed to be a good opportunity in the healthcare IT field. I feel cheated, disillusioned, and unappreciated.

We would like some of that extra money you've been collecting on our behalf, or at least make it competitive with what other companies are paying their people.

Worked for Intellect Resources? Contribute to the Community!