IntelliDyne

Updated July 25, 2014
3.8

Tony Crescenzo

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company, as far as Federal government contractors go

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at IntelliDyne full-time

Pros

IntelliDyne employees are friendly and generally good at what they do. The HQ staff really care about the company and employees, and the benefits are, while not exceptional, very good for a medium-size government contractor. Managers, including senior ones such as the CEO, are friendly and approachable.

Cons

For all the "Rah, rah, IntelliDyne" talk that comes out of HQ staff, IntelliDyne is, in the end, a government contractor. And despite being privately held, it often feels as if it is run more like a public company. They treat you well as long as they need you, but on pay-for-performance contracts IntelliDyne will try to make money by cutting staff or salaries at times, which is demoralizing.

There also is little room for advancement or moving to another contract. IntelliDyne is too small to offer such opportunities.

Still, if you can get a job with IntelliDyne that you would enjoy, and if the contract seems stable, it is a good place to work.

Best Job I've had w/ the best CEO I've ever known.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at IntelliDyne full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I first joined IntelliDyne I was skeptical, but I wasn't with the company a week before I decided I was in an amazing family oriented environment. The people truly care about one another, and the CEO himself will sit down and talk with you if you feel like you need to express a view point. The company wants to be the best contractor in DC, and will likely achieve it one day.

Cons

For a technology company, walking into the home office is like stepping back 10 years in appearance. They recently did a few upgrades I'm told, but they need to spend some money on looking more like a current tech company than one of yesterday. 10 years in Technology is a BIG jump in the digital age.

I once observed a lower level VP hire a new employee simply based on the piece of paper that person had, instead of a more experienced man who would have brought more to the table. Successful businesses think outside the box of yester-year. Anyone can have paper & credentials, but does that person share the companies desire to move forward.

A good company with room for improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at IntelliDyne full-time

Pros

I came to IntelliDyne to work at an entry level position. Putting in hardwork, working for certifications, all of this was noticed by management. While there was no career advancement path, positions that became open were encouraged to me by my managers.

Working entry level you get a chance to sample different aspects of the company and better decide where you would like to go.

Good compensation for education. Advancement is directly tied to how much effort you put in.

Cons

There is no clear blueprint for advancement. If positions are not open in the career path you would like, you may need to readjust your career path.

Salaries could be more competitive.

Working for a client site does not provide the "family" culture IntelliDyne is striving for. There is socialization within teams, but nothing incorporating all of the teams at a client site.

While IntelliDyne strives for a closeness feel, the company is too big and spread out to achieve this. More attention and effort should be given for company gatherings, holiday parties, happy hours, or after hour events. This would help bring the individual teams together.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love it! The people and the clients are great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at IntelliDyne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging opportunities; great managers and a fun environment.

Cons

They don't have a casual day.

Worked for IntelliDyne? Contribute to the Community!