Intelligent Decision Systems Reviews

Reset
2.8
Marci Murawski

1. Help Desk Analyst

Pros

Very nice company to work for, always upfront and honest.

Cons

Pay scale is below average

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

I have been working at Intelligent Decision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very friendly, employee oriented. Great place to work if you have young kids, very flexible.

Cons

The Pros definitely outweigh the cons. Limited growth opportunity.

3. Great Mentoring

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at Intelligent Decision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy and open access to a wide range of subject matter experts. The company is well known and respected for building well designed instruction.

Cons

Little diversification outside of the DoD market.

Advice to Management

Pay it forward.

5. Bid it to win it. Poor Management.

Former Employee - Multimedia in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Multimedia in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Intelligent Decision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good salary -Good benefits -Great computers

Cons

-Managers gossip about employees personal lives with other employees. -Contracts are bid to win with no concern for time required to complete. This in turn falls upon the production teams to work 60+ hours a week with no overtime. -A large portion of employees are related or married. -On more than one occasion I was asked to charge work hours to projects I was not working on. On one specific occasion I was forced to charge a civilian clients hours to a military account.

Advice to Management

-Get a handle on your managers. -Hold everyone to the same standards. -Bid your projects in a sensible manor. -Give Instructional Designers firm deadlines and hold them to that date. (Meaning, stop letting IDs make storyboard changes the day before a project is due.) -Put a stop to the gossip in your Pensacola office. It creates a hostile work environment. -Get rid of the nepotism and cronyism.

6. IDSI - indecisive, demeaning. splooging, Individuals

Former Employee - Lead Graphic Artist in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Graphic Artist in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Intelligent Decision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

relaxed dress code for the most part.

Cons

They have a team of backstabbing, gossiping, little (I'll use the word) girls running the show. You know when the upper management is PMS'ing (and that includes the males). You ALWAYS have to worry about who you are billing too because it is, for the majority of the time, billed to the wrong company because the management tells you too. So when the auditors come, and they do every year it seems, you have to lie when they ask you "do you always bill to the correct company?" You have to say yes if you want to keep your job but you know it's a freaking whale of a LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

If I could give IDSI a negative score I would. If you are wondering why your business is not doing good anymore, LOOK WITHING!!!!!! You want it fixed? BRING BACK ALL THAT YOU LET GO!!!!!!

7. Weak "Leadership" and Low Integrity

I worked at Intelligent Decision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small business environment No ties, suits, etc... Some customers (Military) think that they are very beholding to IDSI

Cons

What we say is not what we do! Senior Management talks about caring for employees...but just wait Childish behavior by VPs is tolerated and not every addressed Gossipy environment where you never know who is talking about you today to your boss...

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Show some character. Get your VP's under control or fire them. Stop allowing husband-wife teams in the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed