Intelligent Decisions

Add Photos

Harry Martin Jr.

Great Company

ProsAwesome company Great Leadership. Nice team

ConsI have really nothing negative to say

Fast paced, lots of stress

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsSmall company, good pay, co-workers where good to work with

ConsDoes not foster a good working environment, to much work, not enough time

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing every thing we do, more communication between workers and mangement

Intelligent Decisions

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPTO and days off for Snow days

ConsNo coverage for travel expense to and from work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, decent pay

ProsPay is decent, they do provide a ton of training benefits as well. Also good for providing some of their own training classes

ConsPay is only OK. It can sometimes be difficult to get in contact with who you need to contact if you are on a contract that is reasonably far away from the office.

Really enjoyed the job, never progressed like I envisioned it.

Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsA great manager, wonderful team members

ConsNever really got a chance to grow ( The job I was hired to do) sequestration

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Excellent company to work for

Invoicing Specialist (Former Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsGood location and excellent personnel

ConsI can't think of any

Work hard, play hard

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsFun place to work, a lot of smart people, nice facility, small company feel, not micro-managed--employees are expected to work hard (and most of them do). Good benefits. Can work from home sometimes

ConsGrowing very fast; long hours. Workload imbalance on teams negatively affects morale, but management wouldn't address it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLIsten to your people, address issues to improve morale

Going Backwards at Warp Speed

Manager (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA

Pros- Facility looks nice and good crew that tries to keep it that way
    - Ability to hire good people, although they can't keep them (Don't be fooled)

Cons- Very few (if any) good managers, especially at the executive level
    - Long time employees have been promoted past the point of their incompetence
    - Dishonest and unethical behavior is allowed and even enabled by executive management
    - In many areas employees are not valued and work really hard while the management team reaps all the benefits
    - Work-life balance is non-existent in some areas
    - Management spends more time with in-fighting and protecting themselves than trying to do the right thing and grow the business
    - Limited processes that aren't actually followed, employees have to work in an ad hoc environment and are then blamed if things go wrong

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you aren't going to listen to the new good employees you are bringing in and are just going to listen to whatever those executives who have exceeded their capabilities tell you, then don't waste your money hiring good people.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsThis is a great company to work for! Intelligent Decisions offers competitive benefits to employees and really abides by an open door policy. I feel comfortable reaching out to my peers as well as senior management. There is opportunity for growth and the company challenges you constantly. One of the things I enjoy most about this organization is the small company feel, but a large company reputation and footprint in the industry. The number of employees and the fact that this is a privately held company leads to increased flexibility and more individual attention to our customer set. I'm also proud of the community outreach done by the company!

ConsMeasures could be taken to improve communication between all departments. As mentioned, there are very talented employees throughout the organization so it is essential that we have open lines of communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue recognizing the bright group of employees you have working at this organization. People at all levels have great ideas to push this company to the next level! Continue enabling them with the tools to do their jobs effectively.

Decisions are made by very few

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsCompany seems to be growing....but.....
    Decent benefits
    Some smart people who are great to work with

ConsSeems like power is in the hands of the wrong people
    Favoritism prevails
    People feel unappreciated
    If you are not close to CEO, nobody knows who you are or what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe little people are also important, make sure to show appreciation to all the hardworking people, not just those close to the CEO.

Worked for Intelligent Decisions? Contribute to the Community!